Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821622 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1440 on: January 15, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
So, for example, if i see some action(button) without result in game - that mean its need to be done?
I guess we DO have the TODO list after all, so you could take a look at it if you want to  :)

Offline bondrus

« Reply #1441 on: January 15, 2014, 11:45:43 AM »
I guess we DO have the TODO list after all, so you could take a look at it if you want to  :)
Where? Show me plz.  ::)

"I don't recall that we have any of that but see what you can find"
About that... i followed instruction to download game profect, got all installed - and in interractions with girls (in park for example) i push buttons with actions and some of them just give neggative answer (looks for me like some textplacer) or give some error (line on top of screen) sayin something like "there no event for this button" (tested on weekend so can tell more acuratly).

P.S. forgive me my eanglish  ;) i dont know it well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:51:28 AM by bondrus »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1442 on: January 15, 2014, 12:04:13 PM »
oh, that's girlmeets, "interaction" we call the part you can find under girl profile/interact (just to avoid confusion)

btw, girlmeets need more work then just filling holes and recruitment (in TODO list), because I did almost nothing on them codewise.

- they don't use AP so one meeting never ends
- girls those are there at the start of the game are never replaced with new ones
- there is no screen to give gifts
- they doesn't use tags yet

and I don't believe I can do it (I don't understand the code that much yet)

------------
Can I continue tagging girlpacks, or we will make some changes in tags before alpha?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:09:46 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1443 on: January 15, 2014, 12:31:10 PM »
oh, that's girlmeets, "interaction" we call the part you can find under girl profile/interact (just to avoid confusion)

btw, girlmeets need more work then just filling holes and recruitment (in TODO list), because I did almost nothing on them codewise.

- they don't use AP so one meeting never ends
- girls those are there at the start of the game are never replaced with new ones
- there is no screen to give gifts
- they doesn't use tags yet

and I don't believe I can do it (I don't understand the code that much yet)

------------
Can I continue tagging girlpacks, or we will make some changes in tags before alpha?

Noted about the girlsmeets. You and Dark can decide about the tags.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: January 15, 2014, 12:34:50 PM »
Where? Show me plz.  ::)

"I don't recall that we have any of that but see what you can find"
About that... i followed instruction to download game profect, got all installed - and in interractions with girls (in park for example) i push buttons with actions and some of them just give neggative answer (looks for me like some textplacer) or give some error (line on top of screen) sayin something like "there no event for this button" (tested on weekend so can tell more acuratly).

P.S. forgive me my eanglish  ;) i dont know it well.

Here: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1920.msg21163#msg21163

Girlsmeets are not finished, no. If you want to add text to those, be my guest, but those would have to be in English :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:37:30 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1445 on: January 15, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
About tags, I'll finish Tekken pack tomorrow and then will take a look at them. But since we will change tags once more after slave training, I see no point in changing them right now. Not to mention that we need a new tagger version for a start.
I think I will remind rudi of it after actual alpha release.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1446 on: January 15, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »
Ok, if you think so...

Offline bondrus

« Reply #1447 on: January 16, 2014, 01:14:36 AM »
Ok, now i see how it all works.
I gona look at code and try to understand if i can help with this, thouth i should do it at weekend.

And bout text writing... dont think i have skill for this :) but learn pyton on this would be nice.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1448 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »
Crossed off brothel dirt, going to take a look at shops now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1449 on: January 16, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
Oki guys, decided to push before the weekend, someone may find some time to test the new stuff.

SF has been updated with:

Brothel dirt logic has been greatly improved:
- Brothel maintenance button activated
- It's now possible to hire pro-cleaners (brothel and all brothels)
- Auto-Clean by pro-cleaner if so desired
- Customers leave when brothel gets to dirty
- Sq meters logic introduced
- Logic still will require rebalancing

Shops improved:
- Proper Buy/Sell buttons
- Proper starting filters
- Amount of items to buy can now be chosen
- Owners will talk a bit more
- Shops will only buy appropriate items
- Prices are adjusted on sell/buy by 20%
- Total price is displayed
- Useless Day+Gold sub-screen removed
- Owners images will stay when player is shopping (like in Alkion)

SlaveDriver removed from girls control screen

Some minor code improvements
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1450 on: January 19, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
I've been poking around in your 'classes - jobs.rpy' file and doing some spelling/grammar nazi'ing. I didn't like seeing 'Slave is a slave so' so I fiddled with a wee bit of basic code too.(just added (self.girl.name).
I'm also wondering if you plan for 'customer' and 'client' to get names generated for them?  Unique clients? Regular customers? All randomly generated? Database of fantasy names hiding somewhere?
 If they aren't going to be given names I will continue doing grammar changes to those instances.
Is this file current for the version you work with? If not I could edit everything and note down the line that I changed and send that to you. Many cases of 'performace' , 'definetly' 'costumer' to be changed... luckily there is CTRL f/r.
Using Notepad++, can I save it as .txt file and rename to .rpy?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1451 on: January 19, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »
I've been poking around in your 'classes - jobs.rpy' file and doing some spelling/grammar nazi'ing. I didn't like seeing 'Slave is a slave so' so I fiddled with a wee bit of basic code too.(just added (self.girl.name).
I'm also wondering if you plan for 'customer' and 'client' to get names generated for them?  Unique clients? Regular customers? All randomly generated? Database of fantasy names hiding somewhere?
 If they aren't going to be given names I will continue doing grammar changes to those instances.
Is this file current for the version you work with? If not I could edit everything and note down the line that I changed and send that to you. Many cases of 'performace' , 'definetly' 'costumer' to be changed... luckily there is CTRL f/r.
Using Notepad++, can I save it as .txt file and rename to .rpy?

I did a lot of work on recoding finances yesterday so some code has changed in jobs file as well so it's a bit outdated...

You can save and rename as you please, just make sure it's encoded in UTF-8. I am going to see if I can root out the cleaning bug tonight (game hangs on infinite loop if Auto-cleaning is not enabled)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1452 on: January 19, 2014, 12:40:37 PM »
Ah, it was in ANSI. And np, I will wait for an update then. Good luck with that bug.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1453 on: January 19, 2014, 12:41:45 PM »
Is this file current for the version you work with?

Clients update only in distant future, definitely not for the Alpha.

By the way, would it not be easier for me to add you to SF? I assume you already have mercurial, all you would require is an account on SF and you could simply merge+upload bits of fixed code, it'll be a real pain to pass updated files around.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1454 on: January 19, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
Yea okay, I'm not sure how much I'll contribute but I'll try not to break everything. Sent you(I assume) a msg on sf.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:28:11 PM by Jaeke »