devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821738 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1455 on: January 19, 2014, 01:49:50 PM »
Yea okay, I'm not sure how much I'll contribute but I'll try not to break everything. Sent you(I assume) a msg on sf.

You should have developer rights on SF now. Any contributions are welcome and it's unlikely for you to break anything since mercurial keeps revision histories and my dropbox account adds yet another layer of protection :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:06:16 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1456 on: January 19, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
If a girl has too little AP to do a stripshow, so she does something else instead, it seems to anger the customers.
 Her skill was low, so perhaps it ran the code that decides if it was a bad show anyway. Or maybe it was the terrible service girl...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1457 on: January 19, 2014, 03:32:56 PM »
terrible service girl...

This is more likely...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1458 on: January 19, 2014, 04:42:40 PM »
Ah it threw me off because it specifically said 'angered by the earlier strip show' or something similar.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1459 on: January 19, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
SF updated:

- Finances have been completely recoded
- Finance screens added to Hero and Brothel management screens
- Code improved in a number of places
- Good number of bugs fixed

PS: A lot of money transactions are still not being recorded. I am considering new system good enough for the Alpha and it will be very easy to improve upon in the future.

I also forgot to add to the commit that wage payment mechanics have been recoded. Option to keep a percentage of whatever is earned as in WM no longer exists, it created a bunch of hard to read/difficult to explain code, we can always bring that back after Alpha but it might not be useful as I want to add more tips to make that logic more interesting.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1460 on: January 20, 2014, 03:06:18 AM »
Just did some really quick testing. With new tags system and added NextDay logic, game slows down @ 400 - 500 girls (significantly). Previous tests showed that 1k girls worked ok. I'll obviously improve the code after the Alpha and track down what's causing that but we might have to keep thing simpler in the future (unless it's some stupid bottleneck like last time).

Oh, and I found another bug, girls list screen doesn't work with 400 girls even on a gaming rig, I'll have to change the way it looks or delimit that screen to display 20 - 30 girls at a time or maybe some combination of both.

In any case, another busy week so I doubt that there'll be any updates before the weekend.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1461 on: January 20, 2014, 07:13:58 AM »
Our 'classes- jobs' files were too different for mercurials auto merge to work with, well, for me anyway. So I scrapped my old file and done some quick spelling error fixes and attempted to merge...
Did I break everything?

Also I seem to be getting minus gold in tips from my terrible service girls and strippers.
 eg - 'Moeblob earned -33 gold in tips, you take it all. '

also ' she expects to be compensated for her services( -35 gold). You've payed her more than that (0 gold)!

And dev note>>> i missed something <<< charisma = 5, strip = -5

might as well throw in the error report here too - trying to clean my pigstall of a brothel, clean all brothels clicked.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - brothelmanagement.rpy", line 18, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - brothelmanagement.rpy", line 116, in python
NameError: name 'self' is not defined

and - label clean does not exist. Then you get stuck on a blank wood background screen with nothing to click.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:44:47 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1462 on: January 20, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
Our 'classes- jobs' files were too different for mercurials auto merge to work with, well, for me anyway. So I scrapped my old file and done some quick spelling error fixes and attempted to merge...
Did I break everything?

Everything works great, I've downloaded your spellchecks :)

Also I seem to be getting minus gold in tips from my terrible service girls and strippers.
 eg - 'Moeblob earned -33 gold in tips, you take it all. '

also ' she expects to be compensated for her services( -35 gold). You've payed her more than that (0 gold)!

And dev note>>> i missed something <<< charisma = 5, strip = -5

I am aware of all of that, just didn't get around to fixing that yet.

might as well throw in the error report here too - trying to clean my pigstall of a brothel, clean all brothels clicked.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - brothelmanagement.rpy", line 18, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - brothelmanagement.rpy", line 116, in python
NameError: name 'self' is not defined

Fixed, copy/pasted code from a wrong place.

and - label clean does not exist. Then you get stuck on a blank wood background screen with nothing to click.

If this happened after the previous error, it should be gone as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1463 on: January 20, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
Can I use some established characters as NPCs in PytFall? Under their true names and making references to the original works they come from?
(for example, supplement our Tailor shop with Tailor from Enbizaka (The Evillious Chronicles) or using Hououin Kyouma (Steins;Gate) as mad scientist...)
Or would you rather have only original characters?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:59:34 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1464 on: January 20, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
Can I use some established characters as NPCs in PytFall? Under their true names and making references to the original works they come from?
(for example, supplement our Tailor shop with Tailor from Enbizaka (The Evillious Chronicles) or using Hououin Kyouma (Steins;Gate) as mad scientist...)
Or would you rather have only original characters?

Go right ahead :) I actually thought about using many of the fitting "established" characters as NPCs, that would mean more and better interactions in the end.

Just put something like "npc" or "tailor_store_keeper" as location in their respective xmls ("city" at least should be out of question for those characters since they'd participate in girlsmeets that way)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1465 on: January 20, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »
Went through and fixed all the typos that I could find in classes- jobs and some in classes- characters. Uploaded to sf.
 Should be done with that sort of thing for a while.
*prays for no errors*

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1466 on: January 20, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
Went through and fixed all the typos that I could find in classes- jobs and some in classes- characters. Uploaded to sf.
 Should be done with that sort of thing for a while.
*prays for no errors*

Kewl, I'll do a merger with that tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1467 on: January 20, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »
Decided to do a small update tonight. Fixed a bunch of reported bugs, improved wage methods (by no means balanced them out but BS like wages of -23 gold should disappear). >>>Dev Note<<< during jobs should be gone as well.

Wage methods were coded in little over an year ago, code made less than 0 sense...

Anyway: SF is updated with bit of new code and Jakes spelling checks.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1468 on: January 21, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »

BTW: Do we have Hinata, Sakura and TenTen tagged somewhere? I still only have the old filename based version?
I updated these girls you wanted, link is in my DB folder. All main tags in my other packs should also be corrected.
Categories that we don't use yet (group, date, nude, swimsuits, ent, exercise...) are still a mess though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:33:21 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1469 on: January 21, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
I updated these girls you wanted, link is in my DB folder. All main tags in my other packs should also be corrected.
Categories that we don't use yet (group, date, nude, swimsuits, ent, exercise...) are still a mess though.

Thanks m8. That's really appreciated, those are the once I usually use for testing. I had 0 time for the project today but I expect to put a 3 - 4 hours in tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?