Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821490 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1500 on: January 25, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
I've made that account (cherrywood, [email protected]) but I never ever did anything like that.

But DB is probably fine, most of it is in assets and skills BE files + few sprites and test girl. But the skill registration is in functions,characters and arena (don't know if it's all needed, I just look for all places with earth spell and copy paste new ones under it).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1501 on: January 25, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »
SourceForge is better than, I can see exactly what you have done that way.

Girl you have to upload to DB. You can now upload to the server. Open the workshop, commit the code and push it to the server. Learn how to keep those in sync or you'll have to maintain multiple copies at all times.
============================
I wrote some into text to the Arena today (creating content as planned), maybe more tomorrow. I am not a good writer so that usually goes rather slowly :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1502 on: January 26, 2014, 05:18:14 AM »
But DB is probably fine, most of it is in assets and skills BE files + few sprites and test girl. But the skill registration is in functions,characters and arena (don't know if it's all needed, I just look for all places with earth spell and copy paste new ones under it).

Great freaking job on new Animations!!! Congratulations :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1503 on: January 26, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »
Great freaking job on new Animations!!! Congratulations :)
Good news is, that after setting up the code for type of sprite movement (skill class), additional animations using it created from existing sprite files found on net (and there is a lot of them) ale totally easy to set up. And I found sites with lots of sounds too (http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects.asp), so creating a new one takes only like 15-30 minutes (If you don't want to draw your own, obviously). So I can probably make a lot of these when we will want it.

I'm thinking about using renpy sprite functions to make an acid rain effect someday later. But these is still much I don't understand in the BE code, for example, I'm not able to place images in upper parts of battle sprites.

BE also allows sprite states (standby, attack, on_hit...) for making characters animated, but that's a total overkill.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1504 on: January 26, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »
BE also allows sprite states (standby, attack, on_hit...) for making characters animated, but that's a total overkill.

Hgehe, see, you know more than me about the BE already :)

Actually, at some point in distant future, we could add some super spell that disarms and disrobes the fighter and than change the sprite to some nude backgroundless sprite (if such is available).

Also, it would be easy to add animation, color, glow or movement to the sprite as it attacks or preforms magic, might actually end up looking really decent.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1505 on: January 26, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »
Damn it... there are like 10001 bugs in the arena :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1506 on: January 26, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
Oki... managed to get some things done this weekend:

SF updated:

- Arena is now on the map as well.
- Added content to the Arena (intro texts and simple NPC).
- Fixed a lot of bugs in the Arena.
- Enabled normal Arena operations even for dev version.
- Fixed a number of non-arena related bugs (Bad wage pay routine included).
- Added penalties for keeping girls joy and disposition to low.
- Girls can now leave players employment and commit suicides (maybe).
- Added penalty for not paying upkeep.
- Characters in the Arena will now use CW's magic attacks.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1507 on: January 26, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
So this is what you meant by NPC...
good job

I don't think I understand the game enough to make "tutorial" ones, but I would like to make a tailor and then some others who don't have any real use in the game yet, but I have plans to use then in some quest later - a corrupted judge, young landlady and a mad scientists and his bodyguard. (I could make some small introduction event perhaps)

EDIT: And a church assistant!
If I ever get to it... I still have soooooo much images to tag  :( And I just can't bring myself to reduce the girlpack images to some reasonable quantities... why they draw them so cute??  :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:02:32 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1508 on: January 26, 2014, 04:44:52 PM »
I don't think I understand the game enough to make "tutorial" ones, but I would like to make a tailor and then some others who don't have any real use in the game yet, but I have plans to use then in some quest later - a corrupted judge, young landlady and a mad scientists and his bodyguard. (I could make some small introduction event perhaps)

Go right ahead, you wanted to use a real character as an NPC right? I mean, for advanced NPC, it's actually a much better bet because you'd have lots of pic categories.

You can even add simple quests, like bring me three of some item and get a money or random girl reward :)

Stuff like that is what makes the game in the end...

PS: I am trying to play a round of game without dev mode, found a bug during jobs, girls don't go resting on high fatigue. I've  already fixed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1509 on: January 27, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »

Yeap, but the trick is figuring out how integrate BE into PyTFall or/if add rows. Preferably without breaking other schemes. Question now is to decide when to start messing with BE, I'll have couple of hour free tonight, I was planning on taking a look at girlsmeets and maybe put in a new location (like beach) but if we can make a final decision to stick with FF styled BE, I'd love to start digging into that code :)

I've had some plans for creating beach date, but because I wasn't able to figure out even the simplest lines like - what the girl should say if you take her swimming + I had a little difficulties with setting screen, I ended before I actually start.
I was visioning it like this:
beach have three main parts - main beach, best place for swimming and there is a beach cafe
north beach - that end with a cliff that you can climb up or take a stroll and reach a outlook
south beach - with a restaurant/hotel where you can eat or rent a room for a while and a small harbor (maybe rent a ship for a small trip?)
maybe changing it a bit depending on how the bg will actually looks (sadly the ones that fit best are only 800p or smaller)

and a system that you can do 2 activities and one extra it all goes well, or something along these lines.

...what's your plan?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:31:16 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1510 on: January 27, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »
I actually started reading the BE code for the first time (ever).

You plan sounds great, did you manage to find pictures for those locations? I would also like some "play beach volleyball" action showing some pic with chance of increasing agility + constitution... maybe something more along those lines.

Jake seems like a very good programmer but still does stuff that could have been easy avoided, took me good 10 mins to figure out what this does:

Code: [Select]
    class NestingClass(object):

def __init__(self, child):
            self._child = child

def __getattr__(self, name):
            if name in self.__dict__.keys():
                return object.__getattribute__(self, name)
            else:
                if "_child" in self.__dict__.keys():
                    return getattr(self._child, name)
            return None

def __setattr__(self, name, value):
            if hasattr(object, name):
                object.__setattr__(self, name, value)
                return
            elif hasattr(self._child, name):
                setattr(self._child, name, value)
            object.__setattr__(self, name, value)

def getClass(self):
            return self._child.__class__
        __class__ = property(getClass)

So far the BE seems really well structured and thought through, but I've just started...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1511 on: January 27, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
You plan sounds great, did you manage to find pictures for those locations? I would also like some "play beach volleyball" action showing some pic with chance of increasing agility + constitution... maybe something more along those lines.
All BG I found are in my DB under the link I placed in our shared DB, or in Roman's BG folder you once posted.
--------------!
EDIT: ups, the link for Roman's BG is not working. Luckily I have the whole thing saved, so I merge that into mine. --------------!!
EDIT2: I ran out of DB space again... 1GB background gallery is not something DB like, obviously.  :)  Ok, I just place the beach ones in shared folder.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:02:02 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1512 on: January 27, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »
All BG I found are in my DB under the link I placed in our shared DB, or in Roman's BG folder you once posted.

I'll take a look when I get to adding the location. I thought that maybe you've already picked out backgrounds for all of those places.

Jake seem to have a good sense of humor as well:

# Facings must cover all angles between 0 and 360 or the world ends in a cataclysm of fire, brimstone and over-cooked broccoli.

:D

============
PS: I have Romans whole collection from RuTracker (Torrent site)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:09:36 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1513 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
 Ok, then I don't have to do that.
 http://img24.eu/images/ypi4zmq2.jpg this one I like for hotel, but other I didn't decide yet. (but there are some that could fit)

It's kind of hard to find good animeish backgrounds on picture sites. It may be easier to screenshot them from some HD anime.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1514 on: January 27, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »
Didn't you post links to all pics an hour go??? Let me know when you decide on the rest.
Like what we're doing?