Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821679 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1590 on: January 31, 2014, 04:58:27 PM »
It cannot work like that but you'll simply be getting new sound every time you start and maybe load the game. You need to modify the Skill it self, if you want, I can quickly do it right now and push.
Ok, I still need to learn I lot I see  :)
I've actually pushed it like this. Because I started new game over and over, I didn't notice before.
I don't know how to do it, so if you would be so kind... but it surely doesn't have to be right now

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1591 on: January 31, 2014, 05:10:41 PM »
Ok, I still need to learn I lot I see  :)
I've actually pushed it like this. Because I started new game over and over, I didn't notice before.
I don't know how to do it, so if you would be so kind... but it surely doesn't have to be right now

Oki. By the way, we'll be equipping Attack skillz with items so we now need a cannon item... (Dark)? :P
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1592 on: January 31, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »
Oki. By the way, we'll be equipping Attack skillz with items so we now need a cannon item... (Dark)? :P
This is for Maria's Tulip, I added some Rance girls into arena. Do arena girls need items too? If not, then we don't need one...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1593 on: January 31, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
This is for Maria's Tulip, I added some Rance girls into arena. Do arena girls need items too? If not, then we don't need one...

Nope, Arena girls don't :)

Wait, it's not only if you meant Arena characters, not actual girls set to fight in the arena.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1594 on: January 31, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
I have to admit I really like the interface, despite it being a similar principal to wm's at the moment somehow it just looks miles better.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1595 on: January 31, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »
I have to admit I really like the interface, despite it being a similar principal to wm's at the moment somehow it just looks miles better.

Finally got it working? Truth is there has been almost no effort put into the interface graphics, we just used whatever we could scrap. Noone here knows how to Gimp/Photoshop like in WMAC.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1596 on: January 31, 2014, 06:04:52 PM »
Well that just lets us focus on the more important stuff for now, BTW do any of you have an example meetscript I could use as a framework, would make things a hell of a lot quicker.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1597 on: January 31, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »
After you got everything set up and played our pre-alpha version a little bit and actually took a look at what girlsmeets look like in PyTFall (SimBro 1x clone and very different from WM), take a look at labels - girlsmeets.rpy (or something similar) in the library/screen folder. Don't be overwhelmed by the code, it's actually VERY simple and after you glanced through it, I'll explain what's what.

Play the game a little bit first, you'll see how they work. Then read the code, you'll prolly have some question (unless you know how to program in any PL). It's actually a lot simpler than it looks at first.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1598 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »
Will do, looking through that file now, would meetscripts for specific characters be the same or lain out differently?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1599 on: January 31, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
Will do, looking through that file now, would meetscripts for specific characters be the same or lain out differently?

Exactly the same. Only here you must use stuff like "[chr.name]" in strings and use trait checks to determine personality. Since personality and name of any unique character is known, there is no need for checking those. (So unique characters are basically simpler).

We need to get girlsmeets done first... unique characters afterwards <-- this shouldn't even be handled by dev team, it's for modders. We'll never get this to Alpha if we try to cover everyone.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:22:42 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1600 on: January 31, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
this shouldn't even be handled by dev team, it's for modders. We'll never get this to Alpha if we try to cover everyone.
Good point, my bad i'll get to work on improving the meetscript asap then.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1601 on: February 01, 2014, 02:47:28 AM »
I'm thinking about releasing an optional hi-tech pack after the release at some point, with cannons, plasma weapons and stuff  ;)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1602 on: February 01, 2014, 05:47:16 AM »
I'm thinking about releasing an optional hi-tech pack after the release at some point, with cannons, plasma weapons and stuff  ;)

Kewl :)

I went on way into the night yesterday, event system seems to be coming along nicely :) Just couple more tweaks and place it in the game and we're golden. Will prolly have to be improved and expanded at some point, I recoded simplified beggar event as well.

PS: In MyCuteSlave, if MC doesn't shag something for a couple of days, he dies. We could do something similar, like he'd get stat penalties or less AP etc...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1603 on: February 01, 2014, 06:07:59 AM »
Lol, how cruel  :)
Guess we could add penalty effect, maybe for both MC and girls, if they have max libido for several days in a row.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1604 on: February 01, 2014, 06:33:03 AM »
Doesn't make any sense to me... If someone have a nymphomaniac trait, then ok, but why should normal person get a penalty?