devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821285 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1605 on: February 01, 2014, 06:38:56 AM »
Lol, how cruel  :)
Guess we could add penalty effect, maybe for both MC and girls, if they have max libido for several days in a row.

Doesn't make any sense to me... If someone have a nymphomaniac trait, then ok, but why should normal person get a penalty?

Agreed, MC has a condition called HornPerv, very dangerous but not contagious, this would make less sense for the girls, fancy girls might be given the similar effect, low libido=poor job performance.

This is just throwing ideas around to make game interesting (seem like a game, not just code)...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1606 on: February 01, 2014, 07:00:18 AM »
First of all, girls shouldn't have max libido for several days under normal circumstances, because every pack has mast pics, if you know what I mean.
It's either drugs of some kind, nymphomaniac trait or maybe prohibition on self-pleasure during slave training (like in slave maker).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1607 on: February 01, 2014, 07:19:25 AM »
First of all, girls shouldn't have max libido for several days under normal circumstances, because every pack has mast pics, if you know what I mean.
It's either drugs of some kind, nymphomaniac trait

Yeah, I should add something like this before the Alpha...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1608 on: February 01, 2014, 07:37:10 AM »
I personally don't really favor this "hunger for sex" libido concept...
I would prefer if libido meant the amount of customers a girl can service, before she becomes "oversexed" and unhappy. (a normal solid stat)
But whatever....

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1609 on: February 01, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »
I personally don't really favor this "hunger for sex" libido concept...
I would prefer if libido meant the amount of customers a girl can service, before she becomes "oversexed" and unhappy. (a normal solid stat)
But whatever....

And for non prostitute types?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1610 on: February 01, 2014, 08:30:34 AM »
And for non prostitute types?
Libido is currently listed under prof stats, so it could be just useless for a warrior as other skills there, like striptease. (at least unless we add something like "teasing fighter show" as a job  :) )
========EDIT======
But Ok, I gave it a serious thought and this is my option:I think that Libido could work little like fatigue stat. It should increase over time (at the end of a day), but not over it's maximum. But this maximum will be different for each girl (like 0=frigid, 40=normal, 100=total nympho). Each sex act will decrease it's momentary value, and if that would cause lovering libido under zero, a girl will get a performance/happines hit. If libido is at it's maximum for few days (unsatisfied girl) then something like you described should happen, but depending on how hight the maximum is. Normal girl with max. libido 40 may be more willing to have sex, but nothing else will visibly happen, with max. 70 may waste her AP masturbating and with 100 she'll jump the first thing she sees. 
Why: libido is in some games, and I just found it annoying that your sweet innocent (or noble and refined) girl turned into a sex maniac just because her libido increased over time. It's fun if you caused that (training or drugs) or if she is like that from the begining, but not if it's just happening to everyone because of the system.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:09:11 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1611 on: February 01, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »
Libido is currently listed under prof stats, so it could be just useless for a warrior as other skills there, like striptease. (at least unless we add something like "teasing fighter show" as a job  :) )
========EDIT======
But Ok, I gave it a serious thought and this is my option:
I think that Libido could work little like fatigue stat. It should increase over time (at the end of a day), but not over it's maximum. But this maximum will be different for each girl (like 0=frigid, 40=normal, 100=total nympho). Each sex act will decrease it's momentary value, and if that would cause lovering libido under zero, a girl will get a performance/happines hit. If libido is at it's maximum for few days (unsatisfied girl) then something like you described should happen, but depending on how hight the maximum is. Normal girl with max. libido 40 may be more willing to have sex, but nothing else will visibly happen, with max. 70 may waste her AP masturbating and with 100 she'll jump the first thing she sees. 

Why: libido is in some games, and I just found it annoying that your sweet innocent (or noble and refined) girl turned into a sex maniac just because her libido increased over time. It's fun if you caused that (training or drugs) or if she is like that from the begining, but not if it's just happening to everyone because of the system.

Ok, I'll think about how that can be implemented. For now, still working the last kinks out of the events system, I'll get your updates and push after that's done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1612 on: February 01, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
Normal girl with max. libido 40 may be more willing to have sex, but nothing else will visibly happen, with max. 70 may waste her AP masturbating and with 100 she'll jump the first thing she sees.
I like the idea, actually. The more max libido is, the less is self-control.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1613 on: February 01, 2014, 09:38:08 AM »
I like the idea, actually. The more max libido is, the less is self-control.
But I'm wondering if it not too complicated and unintuitive to do it all within libido stat. Something else may be better...

----------
If a girl have a high disposition towards MC she should probably seek his "help" first.
And also because most les pic are happening between girl from same series, someday later if we decide to have relationships, maybe use some help from a friendly co-worker  :) 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1614 on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »
But I'm wondering if it not too complicated and unintuitive to do it all within libido stat. Something else may be better...

----------
If a girl have a high disposition towards MC she should probably seek his "help" first.
And also because most les pic are happening between girl from same series, someday later if we decide to have relationships, maybe use some help from a friendly co-worker  :)

Both the amounts of traits and stats that we have today are a nightmare to work with...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1615 on: February 01, 2014, 09:57:14 AM »
And pushed:

- Set Firearrow to kill almost any opponent for testing winning conditions in BE.
- Added an option to specify multiple attack sounds in Attack skill of BE.
single string = one sound
list of pathnames = randomly chozen sound
- Added Execute class to be used in screen language to call callables.
- Added event manager with lots of simple and complex options.
- Rescaled Arena post-combat screen and set stats animaion to fade as well as move.

Not sure what to do next... simple Hero setup screen or some events or the beach... or anything left in TODO lists or the libido thing :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1616 on: February 01, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »
I looked at the new girlmeets hiring - seems good.
I was actually thinking about setting the required disposition in girl data files, because one of the ideas we talked about earlier was to allow changing occupations and for that we would probably need to set up what is allowed and what isn't (=no good pics for that) here anyway.
But that probably wouldn't be compatible with the "girls life" system you have planned post alpha.

but wow, so many changes  :) I'll need a while to look at that...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:15:03 AM by CherryWood »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1617 on: February 01, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »
Hey all. In regards to the whole libido thing, I could have a look at writing up something after meetscripts if you want me to give that a go?
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1618 on: February 01, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »
I looked at the new girlmeets hiring - seems good.
I was actually thinking about setting the required disposition in girl data files, because one of the ideas we talked about earlier was to allow changing occupations and for that we would probably need to set up what is allowed and what isn't (=no good pics for that) here anyway.
But that probably wouldn't be compatible with the "girls life" system you have planned post alpha.

but wow, so many changes  :) I'll need a while to look at that...

I think you'll find the new Events system simpler to use as it doesn't require messing with python classes while offering an insane amount of options, needs a lot of testing obviously.

It will be compatible. We'll add changing occupation even for the Alpha, it's very easy since it's basically just a string.

Hey all. In regards to the whole libido thing, I could have a look at writing up something after meetscripts if you want me to give that a go?

Meetscripts will take a while, also, there are interaction scripts that are more important. Libido is basically code, it only requires some responses during the next day and maybe some events.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1619 on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »
Meetscripts will take a while, also, there are interaction scripts that are more important. Libido is basically code, it only requires some responses during the next day and maybe some events.
Okay, just running a quick spellcheck through the girlsmeet script first
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.