devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821600 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1620 on: February 01, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »
@Xela: You deleted me this:
Code: [Select]
-        if kayo_music_on:
-            stop music fadeout 1.5
-            $kayo_music_on = False
We didn't talked about music yet, but I believe that if there will be background music in the city, It shouldn't stop and change every time you enter or left a shop.  So the purpose of this was to stop the music only if I started it, and not if something else is played.

I will comment my stuff better, I promise  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1621 on: February 01, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »
@Xela: You deleted me this:
-        if kayo_music_on:
-            stop music fadeout 1.5
-            $kayo_music_on = False
We didn't talked about music yet, but I believe that if there will be background music in the city, It shouldn't stop and change every time you enter or left a shop.  So the purpose of this was to stop the music only if I started it, and not if something else is played.

I will comment my stuff better, I promise  :)

I doubt that anyone will linger in the city for long, if an event starts, it can add it's own music. Game shouldn't be changing music all the time. It would make more sense to add sound effect to a different channel, like a bell on entry to any shop or crowd on entry to main street or brids/some random sounds on entry to citymap but music should play whereever people linger, so in shops, during girlsmeets (maybe in the future with sounds again), in the arena and so on.

I'm gonna stretch my legs and then see if I can add a beach today, also we need a proper pic for main square (or whereever tifas quest used to start), if anyone can find better pics for other locations as well, post some thumbnails please.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1622 on: February 01, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
I'm gonna stretch my legs and then see if I can add a beach today, also we need a proper pic for main square (or whereever tifas quest used to start), if anyone can find better pics for other locations as well, post some thumbnails please.
Have you looked into My/DarkTl's/(that one on torrent) BG folders? If we should post from there too, or just new ones from the net.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1623 on: February 01, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
like a bell on entry to any shop or crowd on entry to main street or brids/some random sounds on entry to citymap but music should play whereever people linger
That reminds me, I have many such sounds in my db already.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1624 on: February 01, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
I wonder, would it be more practical to seperate meetscripts into different locations seeing as we have control over that, or should I try and keep it as one file?
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1625 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
I wonder, would it be more practical to seperate meetscripts into different locations seeing as we have control over that, or should I try and keep it as one file?

Whatever makes work easier, but none of the labels that I recall were that big. File is still of an acceptable size.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1626 on: February 01, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Have you looked into My/DarkTl's/(that one on torrent) BG folders? If we should post from there too, or just new ones from the net.

I meant to ask if you guys had any ideas, not where I could find a couple of thousand pics to go through :) If not, we'll stick with what we have until an option that is obviously better presents itself.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1627 on: February 01, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
Whatever makes work easier, but none of the labels that I recall were that big. File is still of an acceptable size.
True, but it does have some of the option missing, plus it will only get larger in future so it will probably be more practical to split it now, also it would make adding meetscripts to new areas easier I guess.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1628 on: February 01, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
True, but it does have some of the option missing, plus it will only get larger in future so it will probably be more practical to split it now, also it would make adding meetscripts to new areas easier I guess.

It'll be a while until we actually start making girlsmeets based on the area and even then, it should not be more than one specific menu, not the whole thing.

It might make some sense to add greeting based on locations, but even that is an overkill for an Alpha. Right now the objective is to fill all the options that we can fill and I'll disabled date/gift menu until we come with a concept and have more time. For now: Traits/Occupations/Disposition checks and texts will be enough.

PS: Do you manage to find your way around the code?
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1629 on: February 01, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
More or less yeah, fortunatly its not my first time looking through python so I can atleast understand it.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1630 on: February 01, 2014, 12:05:59 PM »
I've noticed that every instance of optimistic checks for lolita as well as in "elif "Optimist" in  chr.traits and "Lolita" in chr.traits", which implies that all optimists are also lolitas or vice versa.
So should I change these to "or" instead so that their used with one or the other and not just both in conjunction?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1631 on: February 01, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »
I've noticed that every instance of optimistic checks for lolita as well as in "elif "Optimist" in  chr.traits and "Lolita" in chr.traits", which implies that all optimists are also lolitas or vice versa.
So should I change these to "or" instead so that their used with one or the other and not just both in conjunction?
I wrote condition 
elif "Optimist" in  chr.traits and "Lolita" in chr.traits:that means that these lines will be shown only if the character have both Optimist and Lolita. (=something close to cheerful little sis archetype)
If you want to add lines for Optimist or Lolita characters, these should be put under this one, so Optimist+Lolita combination is checked first.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1632 on: February 01, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »

It's CWs work so I would just leave it along unless you want to add more options or see mistakes.

Note:

- The language you see there is Ren'Py script, only:

$ ...

and

python:

is actually python code.

Since than I've added some new option as described in the beginning of the file, such as:

ct("Optimist", "Lolita") will check if the girl has either of those traits. rc("", "", "") will cause a girl to randomly pick one of the replies, co() will check if girl has any of the occupations and d(100) will check if a girl has disposition above 100.

All of that is python so you'll have to put $ in-front unless it's after if (like if ct("Optimist", "Lolita"): bla bla bla)

You do not have to concider all girls with Lolita trait optimists and vice-versa, just go with your gut. You'll get notification if label you want to work with off the menu doesn't exist, you can just create that label. That's more or less it, just ifs, dices, texts and so on :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:22:57 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1633 on: February 01, 2014, 12:36:15 PM »
@Xela Right, thanks for clearing everything up, so its alright to shorten the old lines with your new command option for them?

@CW Gotcha, I'll add seperate lines for them.
===
Are there any traits in particular I should focus  on adding lines for in either of your opinions?

Edit: I forgot to add that the example I used had a # before it and no actual text so I wondered if it was a WIP
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:39:34 PM by Bowman Vii »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1634 on: February 01, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
 Don't know about the added ones, but in what I wrote, there are two systems:

More advanced one in "about her" question that select answer randomly from all conditions that fits (it's creating a list)
and simple "if" order of traits for everything else that goes as:
mind fuck>shy>impersonal>well-manered>egocentric>optimist+lolita>mature>strict morals>tomboy>famous

The idea behind it was that girl who has more "personality" traits will use the more expressive one, and not the others (so if a girl has good manners, she will not use any "buddy" lines, even if she's tomboyish by nature). It's not very good, but didn't come with a better way to do that at that time.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:57:49 PM by CherryWood »