devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821663 times)

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1650 on: February 01, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
Ok thanks, I'll get on modifying all the instances to make everything easier to read

Edit -
In regards to rc and ct functions, I assume that the variables (lines/traits) go within the brackets correct?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:15:15 PM by Bowman Vii »
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1651 on: February 01, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »
Edit -
In regards to rc and ct functions, I assume that the variables (lines/traits) go within the brackets correct?

Yeah, there are plenty of example in the file.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1652 on: February 01, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
Sorry for throwing so many questions at you :( , I just prefer getting rid of problems by not having them to start of with.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1653 on: February 01, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
Sorry for throwing so many questions at you :( , I just prefer getting rid of problems by not having them to start of with.

That's the correct approach :)

Beach is ready, I've also temporarily enabled arena girls showing up in girlsmeets to get more original characters. I want to improve the look of frames surrounding names of locations on city map now and than push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1654 on: February 01, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
Sounds good to me, so how does the beach work atm. Is it just one section or can you move up and down it?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1655 on: February 01, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Sounds good to me, so how does the beach work atm. Is it just one section or can you move up and down it?

I just pushed. CW got us some pics for the main beach, rocky beach to the right and beach with cafe to the left. Cafe is also there. Other... it's all rather empty but most girls in girlsmeets will be wearing bikinis :)

- Added resize argument to maps.xml
- Added Beach location
- Refactored Girlsmeets logic code
- Temporarily enabled arena girls to take part in girlsmeets
- Girlsmeets will now use imagecache, it was wierd when girls in bikinis switched to armor or coat while talking to MC
- Slightly improved frames over location text in main street and city
- Added some convinient imports
- Updated all girlsmeets screens to new logic
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1656 on: February 01, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »
Awesome, shall I keep going with what i'm doing or do you want the grammar checked version?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1657 on: February 01, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »
Awesome, shall I keep going with what i'm doing or do you want the grammar checked version?

Just keep at, I'll take a look once you add something new.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1658 on: February 02, 2014, 01:38:36 AM »
Added new effects, fixed typos in traits xml.

While testing beach, I randomly met slime rmg there. So now I wonder if girls with not human trait should dwell in remote, natural locations, like forest or beach, while human girls should be in the park or at central street.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1659 on: February 02, 2014, 02:46:02 AM »
Added new effects, fixed typos in traits xml.

While testing beach, I randomly met slime rmg there. So now I wonder if girls with not human trait should dwell in remote, natural locations, like forest or beach, while human girls should be in the park or at central street.

I agree, just tell me what to do (Beach = exclude traits: ..., preferred traits: ...). With my re-factored sorting, it'll be easy to fix up.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1660 on: February 02, 2014, 04:58:24 AM »
Let's see, Beach is good for Athletic, Tomboy, Not Human; bad for Shy, Sensitive, both scars traits.

Dark Forest (I believe we should use it for meetings too, not just for the Hut) is good for Not Human, Adventurer, Alien, bad for Kleptomaniac, Edgy, Noble.

Arena is good for Hyperactive, Combat Training, Aggressive, bad for Meek, Kind, Edgy.

Main street is good for Professional Maid, Kleptomaniac, Noble, bad for Not Human, Alien, Cat Girl, Artificial Body.

Park is good for Psychic, Impersonal, Cat Girl, bad for Hyperactive, Aggressive.

Curious should negate all traits, so you can meet curious characters anywhere no matter other traits.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1661 on: February 02, 2014, 05:13:29 AM »
Let's see, Beach is good for Athletic, Tomboy, Not Human; bad for Shy, Sensitive, both scars traits.

Dark Forest (I believe we should use it for meetings too, not just for the Hut) is good for Not Human, Adventurer, Alien, bad for Kleptomaniac, Edgy, Noble.

Arena is good for Hyperactive, Combat Training, Aggressive, bad for Meek, Kind, Edgy.

Main street is good for Professional Maid, Kleptomaniac, Noble, bad for Not Human, Alien, Cat Girl, Artificial Body.

Park is good for Psychic, Impersonal, Cat Girl, bad for Hyperactive, Aggressive.

Curious should negate all traits, so you can meet curious characters anywhere no matter other traits.

I don't remember Curious trait at all :(

Anyway, I just pushed two supersimple events for the beach (just random pics and texts are being displayed), fixed two huge errors in events manager and added a prototype for fire graphics (fade + rotate transformations apply). Only mars has it as it is forced by game but you can add it to anyone (add element field to girls xml and set it to "Fire 1")).

Arena is good for Warriors, screw traits, to much typing :)

I didn't add girlsmeets or events to the forest because it was to much code over three files, since yesterday it's one line in one file and copypasta of buttons, so it'll be no problem.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1662 on: February 02, 2014, 05:17:43 AM »
It's one of Cherry's traits. You probably should check traits xml, or at least traits list.txt in my db as a short version. So far this trait didn't do anything special, guess it's a good start.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1663 on: February 02, 2014, 05:44:33 AM »
I assume that rules for sorting girls on traits are not absolute? If girls with traits cannot be found, any available girls are used?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1664 on: February 02, 2014, 05:56:31 AM »
Yup. Maybe except the arena, it's rather specific place.