devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821768 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1695 on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »
Found some icons for characters without elemental affinity, pics starting with neutral in my db\icons for everything\Elements.

Ripped/wrote basic general descriptions for 6 elements, my db\Descriptions.txt.

Changed occupations in unique girls xmls (my db\Girls\unique's xmls), now we have much more non warriors, and many warriors do not participate in arena fights.

Continue to work little by little at Blazblue pack.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1696 on: February 03, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »
Now we need elemental affinity for mobs, unique and random girls. It probably should be random for random girls as well, like traits.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1697 on: February 03, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »
Now we need elemental affinity for mobs, unique and random girls. It probably should be random for random girls as well, like traits.

For Unique girls, arena fighters and mobs just use element = Fire 1 with xml or json syntac depending on the file.

For random girls use:

"elements": [
     ["Fire 1", 20],
     ["Water 1", 20],
     ["Earth 1", 20]
     ]

or

"elements": {"Water 1": 20,
                    "Fire 1": 20,
                    "Earth 1": 20}

Doesn't matter which one, dict is prolly faster but it's  nanoseconds we'd be counting... It will not work until I enable it in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1698 on: February 03, 2014, 12:17:04 PM »
Alright. We do have 3 levels, right? Like darkness 3 for undead.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1699 on: February 03, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »
Alright. We do have 3 levels, right? Like darkness 3 for undead.

I'll sort it out, as long as it begins with Darkness .

Just pushed, removed a bug from events system and unique girls from wm/wm crazy mod can be used in pytfall.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1700 on: February 04, 2014, 07:25:20 AM »
About disposition, our traits only change min and current value, but we do have some non consumable items (various shackles) that decrease max value. I wonder if I should change it to mod, or leave it as it is. After all, you always can remove them (maybe we'll have scripts in the future preventing it in some cases). And if you don't want to remove them (or cannot remove them yet in the future), well, no high disposition scenes for you (yet).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1701 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »
About disposition, our traits only change min and current value, but we do have some non consumable items (various shackles) that decrease max value. I wonder if I should change it to mod, or leave it as it is. After all, you always can remove them (maybe we'll have scripts in the future preventing it in some cases). And if you don't want to remove them (or cannot remove them yet in the future), well, no high disposition scenes for you (yet).

I still find balancing confusing, especially before slave training and capture. Until all of those systems work in unison, there is no chance in hell the game can be balanced by me. I say leave it as it is and would also prefer if items like that left lasting effect if used for a random number of days in the future. I'll try to hardcode the item you had, that raised health but completely depleted magic for a day, thinking that was awesome and with new leveling system, it is obviously broken. I'll either add "raise absolute maximum" to temporary consumables only or do so just for that one item.

PS: Just got pwned in the arena, it never occurred to me that someone would shoot my modified fire arrow back in my ass :D 1k+ damage.

================
Ok, I've added a couple new spells, including out first light spell (pushed yesterday, just didn't post). With crazy packs crossed of the TODO list, I'll prolly take a look at BE or Brothels next, both would require a good amount of time but especially if Bowman comes through with girlsmeets and interactions, we're getting close to an Alpha :)

Edit: Decided to go with BE for now.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:27:58 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1702 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »
The text font used in girl description and in slavemarket is weird... doesn't fit in with the other screens at all. Do you really like it?
--------
I added a few animations do my DB folder.
and I'm creating a super-short unique girl meetscript now, to test out the gm option for that you created (thanks again!)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:21:53 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1703 on: February 04, 2014, 09:15:27 AM »
The text font used in girl description and in slavemarket is weird... doesn't fit in with the other screens at all. Do you really like it?

Yeah, it took effort to get it done since that font doesn't have / | \ signs we use for stat value / maximum value. If it really bugs you we can go with something else... :(

I added a few animations do my DB folder.
and I'm creating a super-short unique girl meetscript now, to test out the gm option for that you created (thanks again!)

Good luck :) I have 30 mins so I'll add neutral alignment and have it default for all characters unless specified otherwise in data files.

@ Dark. You said something about going over mobs, it's prolly not the last time but could you add charisma and luck stats to them as well? (Remember that luck goes from -50 to 50). I'll see if I can cook up critical hits in the engine based on agility and luck this weekend.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1704 on: February 04, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
Yup, back then when I created shackles items (some of them are ports from wm), I thought we could use it somehow for slaves. They are completely useless in wm, and that's quite a shame. We should try to introduce them properly within slave training/rmg capturing systems in the future.

I've added elemental affinities to unique and random girls data files. Those who don't have any should be neutral, obviously.

Just got pwned in the arena, it never occurred to me that someone would shoot my modified fire arrow back in my ass :D 1k+ damage.
So, does game over screen work properly?  :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1705 on: February 04, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »
You said something about going over mobs, it's prolly not the last time but could you add charisma and luck stats to them as well? (Remember that luck goes from -50 to 50). I'll see if I can cook up critical hits in the engine based on agility and luck this weekend.
Yup, I'll add elements, charisma and luck to mobs tomorrow. Not attacks though, I think it's too early for that now, when we have new attacks almost every day.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1706 on: February 04, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
Yeah, it took effort to get it done since that font doesn't have / | \ signs we use for stat value / maximum value. If it really bugs you we can go with something else... :(
Seriously? ...

It looks kinda computerish, reminding me of pipboy  :) not bad, but also not like something to combine with wood frame...

--------
 Images in new girlmeet screen are too pixelated, as if the small image in meetgirls was resized instead of original one.

--------
and another thing: how I can remove a girl from the meetgirl screen if I ran an unique label instead?
I tried   $pytfall.gm.remove_girl(chr)
but that giving me this error:
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 271, in python
TypeError: 'in <string>' requires string as left operand, not Girl

---------------
and how to use exclude tags?
I tried:
show('bikini', "beach", "swimsuit","summer", exclude=main_sex_tags, type="any")
and I get a beach sex image

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:11:10 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1707 on: February 04, 2014, 10:36:53 AM »
Yup, back then when I created shackles items (some of them are ports from wm), I thought we could use it somehow for slaves. They are completely useless in wm, and that's quite a shame. We should try to introduce them properly within slave training/rmg capturing systems in the future.

Yeap, we'd need more advanced items system then as well, would be a good reason to revisit and update both concept and system.

I've added elemental affinities to unique and random girls data files. Those who don't have any should be neutral, obviously.
So, does game over screen work properly?  :D

We don't have a game over screen unless I coded one and forgot. Loosing in the arena leaves you with 1 health.

I've added neutral pics, going to make sure everyone is neutral unless stated otherwise in their files tonight.

Seriously? ...

It looks kinda computerish, reminding me of pipboy  :) not bad, but also not like something to combine with wood frame...

Yeah... but where did you find woodframe in the market???

Images in new girlmeet screen are too pixelated, as if the small image in meetgirls was resized instead of original one.

... It's actually exactly what happens, I'll recode that bit as well.

and another thing: how I can remove a girl from the meetgirl screen if I ran an unique label instead?
I tried   $pytfall.gm.remove_girl(chr)
but that giving me this error:
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 271, in python
TypeError: 'in <string>' requires string as left operand, not Girl

I'll take a look as well, didn't expect this to break, code there should be really simple.

and how to use exclude tags?
I tried:
show('bikini', "beach", "swimsuit","summer", exclude=main_sex_tags, type="any")
and I get a beach sex image

? Never happened before. Maybe I did something wrong with the any type.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1708 on: February 04, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
Ok, so the poor image quality during girlsmeets and not being able to remove girls should all be patched with a quickfix (just pushed). I do not like the current system as it's messy but it would seem that I am to stupid today/this week to come up with a better plan. In any case, it should all be working just fine for now.

On the show method... I couldn't find a flaw in this code:

Code: [Select]
            elif type == "any":
                    tags_backup = tags * 1
                    tags.remove(self.id)
                    random.shuffle(tags)
                    while tags and not imgpath:
                        tag = tags.pop()
                        imgpath = self.select_image(tag, self.id, exclude=exclude)
                    tags = tags_backup

So either a method that excludes the tags is flawed (but we should be getting sex pics all over the place in that case) or main_sex_tags list does not actually include all sex tags or there is a fault in the pack during tagging. Can you find an image that game is displaying for the girl instead of what is requested by your tags in the gallery (you can add her by hero.add_girl(char["Hinata"]) command in the console) and tell me all of the tags she carries. If I cannot figure out what's wrong then, I'll go over the whole show --> select_image --> access database routine.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1709 on: February 04, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
I'm not able to find it at all....
This is my code that don't work: (I tried to display more type of clothes than one, so I put this in city beach cafe)
            for entry in pytfall.gm.display_girls():
                    use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show("bikini", "beach", "swimsuit", "summer", exclude=main_sex_tags, type="any", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
and I get Slime's beach+sex, Leafa's bikini+les, Maid elf's summer+sex etc. (nothing wrong with tags)

and this is one yours that is just fine:
for entry in pytfall.gm.display_girls():
                    use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show('profile', "generic outside", "forest", exclude=main_sex_tags, type="any", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
because I never saw tenten's forest+sex pic. and I visited her at least 30 times.
Also jobs are fine (I have Maid+sex pic in Rei and you never see that in service job or class)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:08:15 PM by CherryWood »