devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821197 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1740 on: February 07, 2014, 06:19:14 AM »
I'll test it then. It's just I wonder what will happen if a girl doesn't have description (probably nothing, but who knows)

Nothing will.

or occupation (pretty sure we need it)

Will be randomly assigned to her, everything except the Warrior.

or location (where she will be then?)

Slavemarket.

or status (will hse be slave or free?)

Slave.

or stats (will they be 0 then?).

0 - 15 at random.

While our girls obviously will have these fields, it's kinda useful information for a guide.

I guess we need default settings for all fields, so if any major field is missing, it won't be a problem.

We should. That's what I called girl normalization. I've crossed that off the list already but there are still couple of things to be done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1741 on: February 07, 2014, 08:15:40 AM »
I am going to block all traits and items from modifying minimums of any stat. We should remove that from xml files as well. Programming accounting for a possibility of negative stat values requires to much effort with almost 0 reward. Any items/traits that were based around the concept of modding minimum values, should be rewritten or removed from the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1742 on: February 07, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »
Wow, wow, wait a sec. If some trait/item increases min value of stats, it has nothing to do with negative values.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1743 on: February 07, 2014, 09:55:14 AM »
Wow, wow, wait a sec. If some trait/item increases min value of stats, it has nothing to do with negative values.

Fair enough, I'll just block them decreasing mins then, but stuff like that is still pretty dangerous as some events may not trigger if girl's joy cannot go low enough for example and modders may expect them to...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1744 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
Then we need failproof checks that can determine if it possible at all to have low enough value, and if not, then these events will trigger with the current min value. But it won't be a problem until the release, I think.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1745 on: February 07, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
Then we need failproof checks that can determine if it possible at all to have low enough value, and if not, then these events will trigger with the current min value. But it won't be a problem until the release, I think.

Yeap, something like that might work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1746 on: February 07, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Just pushed alignments and critical hits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1747 on: February 07, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
Rotating alignment icons look great, although looks like we have too many neutral random girls. On the other hand, I expect items and events that can change alignment at some point, so maybe it's for the best.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1748 on: February 07, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
Rotating alignment icons look great, although looks like we have too many neutral random girls. On the other hand, I expect items and events that can change alignment at some point, so maybe it's for the best.

I would prefer alignments to be fixed. Maybe changed only by quests or through training.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1749 on: February 07, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »
Oh, that's not me, it's a bug. For priest rg I have now "elements": {"Light 1": 80, "Water 1": 100}, so they are either light or water anyway, but in the game they are neutral.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1750 on: February 07, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
Oh, that's not me, it's a bug. For priest rg I have now "elements": {"Light 1": 80, "Water 1": 100}, so they are either light or water anyway, but in the game they are neutral.

Maybe I've not enabled the code yet.

Olympics opening ceremony is pretty amazing btw.

Just pushed a fix, should work now, code wasn't even there, not just disabled :(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:23:51 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1751 on: February 08, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »
Nope, either you didn't fix it or didn't push it, still neutrals everywhere.
Also I noticed that the game doesn't show traits effects in Effects field. Is it a bug?

Olympics opening ceremony is pretty amazing btw.
Olympics even have snoubordizm now  ???
Pretty imressive, rotation in the air at high speed and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:59:35 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1752 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »
Nope, either you didn't fix it or didn't push it, still neutrals everywhere.
Also I noticed that the game doesn't show traits effects in Effects field. Is it a bug?

1) I thought that I pushed it... but I've tested it and the code seems to be sound in itself.

2) No idea about effect, I'll take a look.

Try pulling again, I've blocked traits/items from pushing minimums below 0 as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1753 on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »
Ok, seems to work now. Still strange to see several neutral girls with 70%/90% element affinity chances though, but at least those who have 100 are not neutral anymore  :)

About effects, for example, Sophie from "tales of" pack has retarded trait, so she has slow learner effect as well. Yet her effects list is empty.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1754 on: February 08, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »
Ok, seems to work now. Still strange to see several neutral girls with 70%/90% element affinity chances though, but at least those who have 100 are not neutral anymore  :)

About effects, for example, Sophie from "tales of" pack has retarded trait, so she has slow learner effect as well. Yet her effects list is empty.

The code for the alignments is sound, I don't have any explanations for there being to few girls with alignments @ 90%. Maybe just bad luck during testing.

Try in the console:
Code: [Select]
[girl.element for girl in char.values() if girl.__class__ == rGirl]To get a better picture.

Fixed effects and pushed. Unless more bugs are found, I am going to take a look at brothel/reports next. Maybe next day screen as well.

Do we have any ideas on a subsystem for gifts during girlsmeets? Seems like establishing some form of universal system is premature and might work worse than something simple like in SimBro 1x at this point.
Like what we're doing?