devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821282 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1785 on: February 12, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »
Holy crap... the new on click sound is annoying... I didn't notice it yesterday, gonna get rid of it asap...
it really is  :)

What did you guys think about the SM intro and club event?
Sorry, but I'm not into slaves at all, so I will not comment or contribute to this part of the game.
But generally, I must say that sound effects are improving the feel of events a lot, and that NPC guy is really good  8)   (but they have Patchouli, WHY!  :'( )

Are you working on the screens? Because they are really strange atm...

also there is "beauty" tag used in SM screen, I don't think it fits there. (at least I didn't used that tag like that, can't speak for Dark's girls)
---------------------------------------

I'm sorry, but I can't help with anything this week, too much RL stuff.  :(   (I only managed to tag few more images)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:25:01 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1786 on: February 12, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »
Sorry, but I'm not into slaves at all, so I will not comment or contribute to this part of the game.

Keep finding out the strangest things about core members of dev team after nearly an year of working on this together (before this it was Dark and BE) :) I guess it's a good thing that game is designed to be playable without any slaves at all.

But generally, I must say that sound effects are improving the feel of events a lot, and that NPC guy is really good  8)

That's what I was hoping for, as we build up on content, quality and speed of creation of events will hopefully increase.

Are you working on the screens? Because they are really strange atm...

You'd have to be more specific, if you have any (especially simple) ideas on how to improve screens, tell me. I would not say that I am working on them, rather I am  trying to get rid of the stuff that really bugs me (like Arena reports on the main page dimming the main picture, shitty outdated slavemarket we used to have, etc.).

also there is "beauty" tag used in SM screen, I don't think it fits there. (at least I didn't used that tag like that, can't speak for Dark's girls)
---------------------------------------

Might not be very thought through... you can just change stuff like that and push if you get a decent idea for a better tag/sound/music/picture for any location/screen etc.

At some point, pictures should reflect how a girl feels, how well is she trained, recent events and so on. Right now, it would be too time consuming and we'd have to change it later anyway. Some things would only make sense to address after game took some form and shape.

I'm sorry, but I can't help with anything this week, too much RL stuff.  :(   (I only managed to tag few more images)

Ah, that's ok. We've all agreed to work at our own pace.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1787 on: February 13, 2014, 12:25:25 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems out of place for many characters.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1788 on: February 13, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seems out of place for many characters.

Oki, if I get a chance to mess with the code tonight, I'll start with getting rid of on click sound from text-picture buttons (maybe find a replacement), make sure main screen is hidden during the next day report and slightly realign the new main screen and removing beauty tag from SM (only nude tag will remain, until we come up with something better).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1789 on: February 13, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »
I have a question, I think.
That event is fun and all. But why do you use Irma from my Queen's Blade pack as that mistress Blue?  ::)

Also, let's not tread in the steps of early Alkion and use illegible fonts. While stats are more or less ok (still not perfect), descriptions of slaves are a big no.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1790 on: February 13, 2014, 10:44:33 AM »
That event is fun and all. But why do you use Irma from my Queen's Blade pack as that mistress Blue?  ::)

!@#$%^ Didn't know... Maybe in this case, we could make her first fully intractable NPC out of her or something. Those two pics I got from Elionts Alkion's resources, not your pack (I am not 100% sure I have that pack loaded into the game). Finding NPCs without drawing from some characters will be more trouble than it's worth...

Also, let's not tread in the steps of early Alkion and use illegible fonts. While stats are more or less ok (still not perfect), descriptions of slaves are a big no.

Early? Isn't that font still one of the most used in Alkion..? I need to look into the whole fonts thing, we currently only have fonts from Alkion and our current "default font" is to plain.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1791 on: February 13, 2014, 11:03:33 AM »
!@#$%^ Didn't know... Maybe in this case, we could make her first fully intractable NPC out of her or something. Those two pics I got from Elionts Alkion's resources, not your pack (I am not 100% sure I have that pack loaded into the game). Finding NPCs without drawing from some characters will be more trouble than it's worth...
Not really. You need to search with tag "original" at gelbooru or danbooru for example, plenty of independent chars there. I do not mind making her npc, she has only 32 pics (even though they cover all categories). But it should be dateable npc, if those pics will be unused, that would be a shame.

Early? Isn't that font still one of the most used in Alkion..? I need to look into the whole fonts thing, we currently only have fonts from Alkion and our current "default font" is to plain.
At least they are bigger now after I pointed it out  :)

Keep finding out the strangest things about core members of dev team after nearly an year of working on this together (before this it was Dark and BE)
You don't expect from average people to work for years on indie hentai game, do you?  8)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1792 on: February 13, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »
Not really. You need to search with tag "original" at gelbooru or danbooru for example, plenty of independent chars there. I do not mind making her npc, she has only 32 pics (even though they cover all categories). But it should be dateable npc, if those pics will be unused, that would be a shame.

Ah ok, I'll take a look at the original filter, maybe I can find some character to replace her. It'll be weird to use high profile characters for NPCs, especially once that NPC/Event dev knows nothing about. As for dateable /f*ckble/recruit-able: in order to get that working, universal tracking system should be implemented for such NPCs or a mess of flags would have to be created all over the game. I had an idea to use Random/Unique girls at locations instead of NPCs,. allow reqruiting, replacing with other and so on. But that's not something I want to get into now.

You don't expect from average people to work for years on indie hentai game, do you?  8)

Guess not ;)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1793 on: February 13, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
Super small update, just the stuff from the post above.

- Slightly reduced noise on sm track
- Added new font for testing
- Removed old on click sound and replaced it with on hover one
- Removed beauty tag from SM
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1794 on: February 14, 2014, 01:08:23 PM »
Oki... I'll start in an hour and try to clear some of the bugs Jaeke reported. Tomorrow should be a good day for the development unless something comes up... Almost nothing got done this week so I need to catch up :)

Edit: Just remembered when DB crapped out on me. Back when I was releasing pre-Alphas as proofs of concept, I got "This file has been downloaded to many times" Error... Might not be applicable for purchased accounts or issue that no longer exists at all (speed was a lot better on DB back than as well).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:10:56 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline assburger321

« Reply #1795 on: February 14, 2014, 01:48:11 PM »
Looking forward to this project.

It might just be me but every time i click the images on the first post to get an enlarged version i keep getting the standard server not found message. But it works just fine if i go do the exact same thing on the futanaripalace thread.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1796 on: February 14, 2014, 01:49:30 PM »
Back when I was releasing pre-Alphas as proofs of concept, I got "This file has been downloaded to many times" Error...
Yup, it's 200 GB per day for paid accounts. Thus, only 50 people can download all my packs from db per day (0 people from Mega though).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1797 on: February 14, 2014, 02:16:29 PM »
Looking forward to this project.

It might just be me but every time i click the images on the first post to get an enlarged version i keep getting the standard server not found message. But it works just fine if i go do the exact same thing on the futanaripalace thread.

Nah, I copypastad it from FP and something got broken in the process. I'll rather fix girls not going back to work on autorest than fix the links ;)

Yup, it's 200 GB per day for paid accounts. Thus, only 50 people can download all my packs from db per day (0 people from Mega though).

Oh well... I am still hoping mega will get back to normal. It might work better with browser plugins, I've seen that happen.

Edit: I lied in both posts btw, we seem to have over 15k images already... (I only have 7 crazy packs from Lurker and Hhcbn and not all native packs) :)

INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: Mobs
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.0090000629425 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: Exploration
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.0739998817444 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: Tag Database
INFO     PytFall 0.38.tags loaded 14574 images from tags.json files
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 1.07999992371 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: Generating Random girls
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.381999969482 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: testing mode
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.0439999103546 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: GirlsMeets
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.0 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: Populating SlaveMarket
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.0 secs to execute!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    Loading: Arena!
INFO     PytFall 0.38    It took 0.365000009537 secs to execute!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:24:00 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1798 on: February 15, 2014, 05:15:05 AM »
Don't mention images to me now, I just spend more than hour trying to make a usable sprite from bad quality picture and after that I looked at google and found better source pics in seconds  :-[ (with look by image)
-----------
I spend few hours looking for better city pic again, but without any luck. I can probably improve the current one a bit (cutting mountains out and making it more colored) but I don't like it much and I'm still wondering if it wouldn't be better to use a map instead.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1799 on: February 15, 2014, 05:26:30 AM »
I spend few hours looking for better city pic again, but without any luck. I can probably improve the current one a bit (cutting mountains out and making it more colored) but I don't like it much and I'm still wondering if it wouldn't be better to use a map instead.

It's grim but I am liking it a little better than the old one :)

Decent map would be awesome, but one to top that pic would not be easy to build. We all knew that we'll be limited by whatever resources we can find on the net and even some of our development efforts will be decided by those resources. I once tried making a map using Cartographer and Photoshop but it took to long and didn't look all that awesome... I did watch a number of Tutorials before trying it obviously.

In any case: Took down the AutoRest bug, fixed the Brothel Report text, disabled Right/Middle mouse buttons doing strange things to the game and now I am looking into enabling right mouse button equipping items!
Like what we're doing?