Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821738 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1800 on: February 15, 2014, 05:40:51 AM »
Don't know about you, I always use mouse with 5 or more buttons. More than enough for most of actions if RenPy supports it.
At very least we could use middle button for tooltips in the future. Or even allow players to customise mouse buttons functions.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1801 on: February 15, 2014, 05:45:04 AM »
It's grim but I am liking it a little better than the old one :)
Ok... then I'll wait for a while and If we don't find something better until then I look into it.

Problem is that almost every picture that looks good is from a game that is too well known to use  :(
like:

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1802 on: February 15, 2014, 05:59:21 AM »
and now I am looking into enabling right mouse button equipping items!

Don't know about you, I always use mouse with 5 or more buttons. More than enough for most of actions if RenPy supports it.
At very least we could use middle button for tooltips in the future. Or even allow players to customise mouse buttons functions.

I am not 100% certain that Ren'Py knows about the extra mouse buttons... gonna use middle-mouse button for now, right one seems to be reserved for use on image buttons like the once we use for items.

Tooltips system is not really a priority, we'll implement better one only after screen redesign (if ever) since it's very likely that it'll be based on hotspots and it'll be to consumption to change it all the time without a dedicated screen designer.

Problem is that almost every picture that looks good is from a game that is too well known to use  :(
like:

Not a very big city... more like a town. I don't think that to well known is a problem, so are most of the characters in the game. We might even make it a part of the story. That pic is a good candidate, I might try to load it into the game when I get a chance.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1803 on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:59 AM »
I'm personally not familiar with the game from which you took that map  :)

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1804 on: February 15, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
I should probably apologize for being so quiet on my end, been out of town visiting the gp's and only got back yesterday evening.
I'll see were I left off and get back to work.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1805 on: February 15, 2014, 07:46:41 AM »
I should probably apologize for being so quiet on my end, been out of town visiting the gp's and only got back yesterday evening.
I'll see were I left off and get back to work.

Kewl, tell me if you need anything.

=======================================
Done with the equipping with middle-button, fixed screenshots (Error is really odd so I just turned off reporting screenshot name, shots themselves will work).

That's all I can do on Jaeke's bughunt, next is hero normalization, I will also try to turn locations into a property for proper reporting. This will prolly take a while.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:58:04 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1806 on: February 15, 2014, 08:18:04 AM »
Done with uploading packs to db. I still use password-protected archives with meaningless names for security reasons. All links in db links.txt file.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1807 on: February 15, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »
Done with uploading packs to db. I still use password-protected archives with meaningless names for security reasons. All links in db links.txt file.

Great, Mega is still half-dead.

I finally figured out why properties weren't working in PyTFall's character classes!

Default for new style classes for __setattr__ is:

Code: [Select]
                super(PytCharacter, self).__setattr__(key, value)
I've been using the old:

Code: [Select]
                self.__dict__[key] = value
This will make a lot of things easier in the future :) Going to take a look at MC now, maybe cook up some new screens...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1808 on: February 15, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
Buuuuugs fixinn :)

- Vastly improved normal image cache on show (This will prevent pics jumping all over the place like when exiting from girls equipment for example)
- Fixed property setters in all Character classes
- Fixed girl going back to work after AutoRest
- Fixed "getting gold" report in adverts
- Fixed second girl for girlsmeets not being picked from unique chars
- Improved girlsmeets start method
- Finally fixed stupid error when game shut down on exit from multiple entries label (like H-profile or Items transfer) after entry into game options before entrying than label...
Yeah... I know, that crap can actually happen...
- Added game options to top-stripe in mainscreen
- Fixed screenshots (press s)
- Killed right and middle mouse buttons messing with the game
- Improved (at least IMHO) transitions in multiple places
- Items can now be equipped using middle mouse button instead of pressing equip button
- Paging in girlslist can now be done with mousewheel (fecking useful with 100+ girls)
- Memory will now be freed every in game day
- Prevented error when return button in the park actually teleported you to cityview instead of going through park gates
- Nami will now start with 300 fatigue for testing purposes

Also, I did another battery of tests with 1000+ girls and FINALLY managed to crash Ren'Py with out-of-memory error (without actually writing a script intended to cause a crash :) ) It took a while and I was unable to replicated it, only get the game to slow down a lot but game will now clear memory every next day (for now only there, we may use it in other places at some point as well). The issue as I understand it is that Ren'Py natively a VN engine expects game to flow through labels and screens using clearing caches as it proceeds. We on the other hand, pretty much keep jumping around the same labels most of the time...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1809 on: February 15, 2014, 06:54:33 PM »

- Improved (at least IMHO) transitions in multiple places
I like it!

EDIT: you have small typo in main street

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1810 on: February 15, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
I like it!

EDIT: you have small typo in main street

Thanks, quickfixed it :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1811 on: February 16, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
I couldn't agree more about the whole mousewheel thing, no-one wants to spend 3 years going through a damned list :D
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Artemx

« Reply #1812 on: February 16, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 854: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{color=[purple]}{size=30}{b}{font=fonts/Parka36.ttf}%s"%chr.element.split(" ")[0] align(0.1, 0.1)
                                                                 ^

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - heroprofile.rpy", line 230: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{color=[purple]}{size=30}{b}{font=fonts/Parka36.ttf}%s"%hero.element.split(" ")[0] align(0.1, 0.1)
                                                                 ^

File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - mainscreen.rpy", line 66: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    text "{font=fonts/rubius.ttf}{size=25}%s"%calendar.weekday() pos (100, 45)
                                             ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.16.5.525

How i can fix that??

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1813 on: February 16, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »
RenPy options --> Update channel --> PreRelease and click on Update in the main menu. (You need Ren'Py 6.17.xxx for parser to accept that code)

WTF is with those lines???? They WERE working in Ren'Py 16.xxx before... similar errors have been reported with Ren'Py 16.5 only :(

Edit: I think:

("{font=fonts/rubius.ttf}{size=25}%s"%calendar.weekday())

that extra brackets might fix this for all versions since like 12.xxx.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:41:45 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1814 on: February 17, 2014, 08:53:35 AM »
No, that would make them almost impossible to defeat. Like we've agreed, all mobs were constructed based on relative strength, like a Troll might have strength of 80 and magic of 0 and Wraith magic of 90 and strength of 5 so it just takes their base stats and multiplies those preserving their strengths and weaknesses in relative proportions.
Dammit, stop evading my questions  :D
What I mean is I have no idea what 2x multiplayer means. Or 1x multiplayer.
 Is it strong, weak, etc?