Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821322 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1830 on: February 18, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
What is the formula for critical hits?

Code: [Select]
                if dice(10):
                    if (attacker.Stats.Luck >= target.Stats.Luck and dice(max(50, attacker.Stats.Luck*2))) or dice(50):
                        multiplier = 2.5
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1831 on: February 18, 2014, 09:14:12 AM »
^I wonder if we should do something about multiplier as well in the future. I mean dependency on stats/RNG/element affinities.

Uploaded to my db new xmls for traits and items, no more negative stats there, except luck.
Gifts are done for now, 15 types should be enough for alpha. It's my db\items\gift for sprites and my db\items xmls\gifts.json for data.

Started to make Guilty Gear pack today. Will start to work with mobs sets/rewards json for arena tomorrow.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1832 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
^I wonder if we should do something about multiplier as well in the future. I mean dependency on stats/RNG/element affinities.

Uploaded to my db new xmls for traits and items, no more negative stats there, except luck.
Gifts are done for now, 15 types should be enough for alpha. It's my db\items\gift for sprites and my db\items xmls\gifts.json for data.

Started to make Guilty Gear pack today. Will start to work with mobs sets/rewards json for arena tomorrow.

We'll keep improving BE as we go and do something major post beta/release.

Would really appreciate if you just updated SF with items/traits... not threw them in DB folder.

I'll take a look at the gift when I get back to girlsmeets.

Mrrr0re bugfixin:
- Bad use of setattr builtin fixed in two places, was causing insane stat increases is now fixed
- Fixed old code in SM displaying wrong max stats
- Fixed paging in girls list screen
- Added an extra check when leaving girl equipment screen in case item kills the girl
- Added a check to prevent items like Potion of ultimate health from killing the girl on reverse, now her health will be set to 1
- Fixed a crash on missing an arena match
- Fixed a bug where hero was auto-assigned to fight in the arena causing a variation of bug above
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1833 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:47 AM »
3 consumables and 1 amulet became gifts, I'm afraid I'll broke something by pushing it.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:35:10 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1834 on: February 19, 2014, 04:37:34 AM »
3 consumables and 1 amulet became gifts, I'm afraid I'll broke something by pushing it.

Items are a closed system, so no, you won't break anything + if it works for you, it'll work for everybody since we're all working of the same repo.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1835 on: February 19, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
Pushed everything.
Today I created arena_rewards.json. The idea is that we have several sets of items with different probability for every single item.
Just like rmg traits/elementals. So, theoretically, you beat 100 elves at arena and got access to

"id": "Elven_gear",
    "items": {"Elven Sage Armor": 20, "Elven Sage Boots": 24, "Elven Sage Armbands": 25, "Elven Ranger Armor": 30, "Elven Ranger Boots": 34, "Elven Ranger Armbands": 35, "Elven Armor": 60, "Elven Boots": 64, "Elven Gloves": 65, "Elven Rapier": 75, "Elven Bow": 80, "Elven Cape": 100}
Not necessarily 1 item, the number of rng rolls should depend on the number of rounds that you survived.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:16:28 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1836 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:57 PM »
Pushed everything.
Today I created arena_rewards.json. The idea is that we have several sets of items with different probability for every single item.
Just like rmg traits/elementals. So, theoretically, you beat 100 elves at arena and got access to
Not necessarily 1 item, the number of rng rolls should depend on the number of rounds that you survived.

I meant for the CHAINFIGHTS when I requested this.

What you suggest is awesome and not very difficult to code in BUT at this very moment, there is no way for a game to know if an elf was defeated since there is nothing in girls JSON/XML girl files to specify that a girl is an elf. We do not have that as traits and don't have any "race" field unless I am mistaken.

So in order for this to work... you'll have to put even more effort into this until I can put in a counter in the Arena and code in an Event to present player with the gift as a sign of admiration from the elven folk for example (just appearing out of nowhere would be to impersonal).

=============================================
I am still looking at the schools code, looks messy but fairly sound. Did anyone EVER had a girl actually complete a course? Logic is there but I don't think I've seen that happen in a long time. This is another thing for be to be on a lookout for I guess...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1837 on: February 19, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »
No-no-no. Tomorrow I'll create another json where we'll have chainfights. However, that json will be for fights only.
When I will set rewards for them, I'll use id from this json. Something like "reward": {"Elven_gear": 20}, that should mean 1 roll per 20 rounds.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:34:09 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1838 on: February 19, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
No-no-no. Tomorrow I'll create another json where we'll have chainfights. However, that json will be for fights only.
When I will set rewards for them, I'll use id from this json. Something like "reward: {"Elven_gear": 20}, that should mean 1 roll per 20 rounds.

Ah I see, you'd handpick elves from mobs?

PS: Chainfight (and current codename) is old name for Survival btw. There are currently only 7 rounds (maybe 8 if I messed up the counter). Rewards should be awarded at the end of every round. Alternately, you can simply setup the amount of rounds you'd like to see in Json as well.

Just remember that hero fights along AND cannot heal himself during or between the fights.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1839 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »
What is a round then? 1 fight?

I guess I can use rgirls ids on a par with mobs ids for chainfights?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1840 on: February 19, 2014, 01:00:35 PM »
What is a round then? 1 fight?

I guess I can use rgirls ids on a par with mobs ids for chainfights?

You do have a copy of a game. right?  :D

There is a Survival in the Arena. That's how this all got started and what Jaeke was talking about. Basically, you start a survival chainfight - game randomly pics an opponent for you from the mobs - if you win you're offered to try again vs stronger mob or quit.

If you win 7 times in a row without quitting, you get an Item as a price.

Every time you win ANY round, you get a bit of gold, rep and chance to increase your stats.

Now... the small problem was that I simply coded the game to give player ANY items priced above xxx Gold, but Jaeke thought it was weird getting an item like Fairy Gown as a price for beating the leaving sh!t out of monsters in a difficult fight. So I've asked you to make a list of items you'd think were better suited... Afterwards we've expanded towards you setting up a number of these fights by handpicking monsters for a game to choose from instead of a total pool of mobs, difficulty levels based on mobs and multiplier AND correct pool of items and maybe other rewards like gold to be awards at the completion of an event.

Maybe something got lost in the communication. The above would really spice the chainfights up!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1841 on: February 19, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
You do have a copy of a game. right?  :D
Yup, but I have no idea what is a placeholder and what is a more or less ready content when we talking about arena  :)

Also, you didn't answer the second question. I can use rgirls ids on a par with mobs ids for chainfights? There are slimes and elves, they could be used as mobs, I guess.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1842 on: February 19, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »
Also, you didn't answer the second question. I can use rgirls ids on a par with mobs ids for chainfights? There are slimes and elves, they could be used as mobs, I guess.

You could... but maybe save it for later, when we have more info on girls file like race and codebase is more mature. If you decide to go through with this, it's not going to be an issue, just remember that random girls stats are not constructed in the same way as mobs stats and multiplier is not applicable so you'd have to specify their exact stats instead of relative stats with multiplier like we do for mobs. Maybe they can be bosses or something along those lines...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1843 on: February 19, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
- Fixed bad experience adjustments formulas
- Removed girls getting tired from courses
- Fixed adds prices not being displayed correctly
- Increased max Teacher Knowledge to 300 instead of 100
- Restored code that enables girls to complete a course for extra bonuses and maybe even reall small max stats increase
- Added employment info to  the items transfer screen
- Fixed the bug where game would freeze on entry into an empty slave shop

+ Merged with all of the Dark's updates!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1844 on: February 19, 2014, 11:43:38 PM »
Race for girls, huh? I wonder about it.

Maybe just as a string, like origin field, to group them during some events or to use with relationships system between girls. There are dozens of races, we won't be able to properly code them all.