Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821182 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1920 on: February 22, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »
I haven't played the game in months (if ever) so I have no idea about the balance  :) . I've just copied the values for "Randalf" and adjusted them a little.
also I didn't pay attention to it, because without more skill types, new teams are just different pictures atm...

Already quite a bit.

May I suggest creating a possibility to add customized pre-match and aftermatch events for teams? Something like adding a field in arena_teams.json with name of label the game will jump to? (Or automatic team name label like in GM) For stuff like different taunt line, team pic, different music, first introduction event or to set flags for quests (=team XY defeated).

Lets do the Arena enchantments post Alpha, we have a lot of working systems that still are very low on content, why add another.

Also, it is possible to set affinities for NPC arena fighters?

Yes, use element field in the main dictionary and it should work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1921 on: February 22, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »
Sure, why not. Will make more sense to add even more MC sprites to the game.

I'll see if I can do this tonight, it may get tricky. Should we simply specify folders for the ArenaFighter like for MC sprites and use the same filenames? It'll make my job easier and improve future modding... yeap we should do this :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1922 on: February 22, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
Lets do the Arena enchantments post Alpha, we have a lot of working systems that still are very low on content, why add another.
I actually just planned to place one pre-match image  :) So it can definitely wait.

I'll see if I can do this tonight, it may get tricky. Should we simply specify folders for the ArenaFighter like for MC sprites and use the same filenames? It'll make my job easier and improve future modding... yeap we should do this :)
I just pushed few sprites, so if you are doing this now, I hope they won't cause troubles.

That will also mean that there we will be able to use more images, right? Then I'm all for it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:13:12 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1923 on: February 22, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
That will also mean that there we will be able to use more images, right? Then I'm all for it.

Yeap. This will work just like our old filename based system did for girls.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1924 on: February 22, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
I hope they won't cause troubles.

No trouble. Note that Name in the json file and Folder you put the girl in MUST be named the same. Arena looks a bit more lively. I'll reduce number of random girls a bit so AFs get a chance. Also I've killed my Z and Rudolf (forgetting that Z served as an example of random arena fighter...). It can be found in mercurials history I think.

Coded the whole thing without one typo/crude mistake  8)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1925 on: February 22, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »
No trouble. Note that Name in the json file and Folder you put the girl in MUST be named the same. Arena looks a bit more lively. I'll reduce number of random girls a bit so AFs get a chance. Also I've killed my Z and Rudolf (forgetting that Z served as an example of random arena fighter...). It can be found in mercurials history I think.
I don't really understand how Z was supposed to work. If I set unique: false, then that warrior is participating outside of the team on his own, but there is still only 1 of him. So they can't make arena work without Rgirls.

I managed to find portrait for our brave starting warrior, but there doesn't seems to be any usable battle images for his red outfit  :( 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1926 on: February 23, 2014, 02:50:05 AM »
I don't really understand how Z was supposed to work. If I set unique: false, then that warrior is participating outside of the team on his own, but there is still only 1 of him. So they can't make arena work without Rgirls.

They in theory could, they just don't. If you set unique to false, there will be two of them, one in the teams and another one free to do as he/she likes (so could join a team, go solo or both.)

Actually you were the one who asked me to add that saying that you'd like to see bleach girl supported by two shinigami for example. If you set shinigamis to false, you can use them unlimited amount of times. If you set them to true and try to use them twice, game will throw an error.

I managed to find portrait for our brave starting warrior, but there doesn't seems to be any usable battle images for his red outfit  :(

As long as that's him...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1927 on: February 23, 2014, 03:26:23 AM »
They in theory could, they just don't. If you set unique to false, there will be two of them, one in the teams and another one free to do as he/she likes (so could join a team, go solo or both.)

Actually you were the one who asked me to add that saying that you'd like to see bleach girl supported by two shinigami for example. If you set shinigamis to false, you can use them unlimited amount of times. If you set them to true and try to use them twice, game will throw an error.
Thanks for clearing that out.
Yes, I did, but I decided not to make a Bleach pack in the end... but most importantly, using girlpack girls in teams is giving errors when you don't have that girlpack present in game.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1928 on: February 23, 2014, 03:30:32 AM »
Thanks for clearing that out.
Yes, I did, but I decided not to make a Bleach pack in the end... but most importantly, using girlpack girls in teams is giving errors when you don't have that girlpack present in game.

You thinks it would be better to prevent team build-up and write to log? I thought about that when making the Arena... Seemed like Errors would make debugging easier.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1929 on: February 23, 2014, 03:55:37 AM »
You thinks it would be better to prevent team build-up and write to log? I thought about that when making the Arena... Seemed like Errors would make debugging easier.
I don't think I understand...
I just know that there already was someone who couldn't run the arena because of missing Tsunade, so we should probably do something with that for alpha to prevent confusions like that... probably just remove these teams for now, because you already answered me that improving modeabillity of arena is something for post-alpha or further.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1930 on: February 23, 2014, 04:05:20 AM »
I don't think I understand...
I just know that there already was someone who couldn't run the arena because of missing Tsunade, so we should probably do something with that for alpha to prevent confusions like that... probably just remove these teams for now, because you already answered me that improving modeabillity of arena is something for post-alpha or further.

I intend to ship the game with full Naruto pack and all random girls. Rest of packs could be downloaded separately. Tsunade's team should serve as an example...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1931 on: February 23, 2014, 07:11:25 AM »
Btw, how did you code multiplier? Do you figured out that that "multiplier": [1, 0.2, 0.7] means 1x for the first mob, +0.2x more to every following one and +0.7x more to the boss?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1932 on: February 23, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
Btw, how did you code multiplier? Do you figured out that that "multiplier": [1, 0.2, 0.7] means 1x for the first mob, +0.2x more to every following one and +0.7x more to the boss?

Ofcourse, we've discussed that before you created the file.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1933 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »

:P :P :P     Gonna exploit CW      ;) ;) ;)

I love what you did with the Arena background pics! Any chance your could do the same for:

http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=2160.msg22719#msg22719

so I can add it as an animated background for Survival? They all need to be added about 200 pixels ground space to the bottom  ::)

=================================
Just pushed a fix for the last bugs reported. Jaeke's need to confirm the Arena payment = unhappy bug.

I'll take a look at the TODO list to figure out what to do tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1934 on: February 23, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
Not sure if I understand - you just simply want 200 more pixels of sand? If yes, then it's on DB but... not sure what you want strange size like this for.