devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821196 times)

Offline Jaeke

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1995 on: February 26, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
Which part of the pushing process are you having trouble with?
I had some trouble because I was using the wrong address to push to. On SF, in the pytfall code read/write(RW) part remove the extra sb-pytfall-code at the end and use that.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1996 on: February 26, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
I had some trouble because I was using the wrong address to push to. On SF, in the pytfall code read/write(RW) part remove the extra sb-pytfall-code at the end and use that.

Good luck figuring it out. I am to tired to code again tonight I am afraid :( Hoping for better days tomorrow and the day thereafter or next update from me is gonna be this weekend.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #1997 on: February 26, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »

Well, currently successfully pulling the code with:
http://hg.code.sf.net/p/sb-pytfall/code

If I were, to say, make changes to a file. go to workbench and click commit, it'll open a 'new' version. Then I can say detect outgoing changes, it'll show the one I'm doing.

Then I'll click push, and it'll say http: error 403 (forbidden)

So, I then roll back to the previous version so I don't have to re-obtain everything like I did earlier.

some have said they're using an ssh with a user name and stuff. But the only links I have under my sf account is the one I'm using. And it doesn't ever ask for a username/password.

and as you said, I don't have a read/write(RW) button or code anywhere. just a RO (read only) one.

edit:

Hey, thanks for the reply jaeke. Here's some screens to show you guys what I see.

@xela, does the ID you put in match? or maybe there's a checkbox somewhere for RW, not completely sure. It still may very well be my fault. And yes, I am logged in in the first 2 screen shots. (though it doesn't show)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:22:22 PM by Armegetton »
This could be the end ...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1998 on: February 26, 2014, 11:43:38 PM »
Ok, I did change it to ssh://[email protected]/p/sb-pytfall/code
then it'll ask for my password, and then I get permission denied lol.
That's not right. I took a look at your profile, your actual login is 4540034, while Armegetton is just user name.
Maybe either you or Xela did a mistake of some kind after all during registration, since you are the only one who have a numeric login. Maybe not though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:46:47 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #1999 on: February 26, 2014, 11:57:28 PM »
That's not right. I took a look at your profile, your actual login is 4540034, while Armegetton is just user name.
Maybe either you or Xela did a mistake of some kind after all during registration, since you are the only one who have a numeric login. Maybe not though.

Erm, I log into the site with armegetton not the user ID. so, no worries.
xela said he needed the user id to add me to the listing. or did he need the other login? I'm confused.

Language barrier. whyyyyyyyyyy?! lol

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2000 on: February 27, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »
My login = my user name, so I'm not sure.
As far as I can tell, you always will have 403 error using those RO and HTTP strings just because they do not content your login. Without login you cannot enter password.  And without login/password sourceforge will never allow you to push.

You could try ssh://[email protected]/p/sb-pytfall/code string to push.

Then again, something could be wrong with your registration due to language barrier  :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:00:26 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2001 on: February 27, 2014, 12:20:03 AM »
This is my profile

This is our permissions

Feel the difference  ::)

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #2002 on: February 27, 2014, 12:41:50 AM »

OMG, lol.  Xela, I messed up. can you change my login to my actual login?
LOL. that's funny. and explains everything.

Please change that number to 'armegetton'. That number is not a valid login.

Hahahahaha. well, hopefully this solves the problem and the mystery that was my pushing issues. Oh man. that's rich.

@Dark, you rock, bro.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2003 on: February 27, 2014, 12:58:15 AM »
I added you as armegetton, looks better now

You should try to get RW access later (probably not now, it may take some time for sourceforge to update database). Maybe I should delete the old permission, but it probably won't hurt for now anyway.

I also figured how to set an avatar on sourceforge. You have to create an account on gravatar.com with the same e-mail that you use for sourceforge.
  8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:18:24 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2004 on: February 27, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »
@Xela: How should I code a proper fatigue check in girlinteraction.rpy that takes girls max values into account? I wanted to add that girl will fall asleep during conversation it if she is too exhausted

also, I used $chr.disposition += 1 and not $chr.mod (disposition, 1) everywhere in girlmeets, what is the difference and shoul i correct it?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:01:35 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2005 on: February 27, 2014, 04:14:39 AM »
@Xela: How should I code a proper fatigue check in girlinteraction.rpy that takes girls max values into account? I wanted to add that girl will fall asleep during conversation it if she is too exhausted

if chr.fatigue > chr.get_max("fatigue") - 30:
    # do something

You can use any value instead of 30 if you feel it's to large or to small.

also, I used $chr.disposition += 1 and not $chr.mod (disposition, 1) everywhere in girlmeets, what is the difference and shoul i correct it?

$ chr.disposition would be the correct one for this case. There is no reason to correct this other than making the code look better. I believe that interactions code is so old that chr.disposition += 1 wasn't even possible back then...

Difference is that one allows you to change only one stats and the other any amount of stats with a single line during the iteration, for example during the jobs where 10 - 15 stats could have been changed (we apply them only once at the end of the job):

for stat in some_dict:
    chr.mod(stat, some_dict[stat])

And you're basically done. otherwise you'd have to write it out 15 times. There are other ways of doing this but they're all longer to type out and harder to maintain.

Edit:
There is no reason to correct this other than making the code look better.

By this I mean correcting chr.mod("disposition", 1) to chr.disposition+= 1 not the other way around, you've used the correct code.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:17:58 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2006 on: February 27, 2014, 05:44:07 AM »
Hahahahaha. well, hopefully this solves the problem and the mystery that was my pushing issues. Oh man. that's rich.

Well, if it does, it's a SF bug. What would be the bloody point in adding anyone using their ids if they cannot use their rights, either block adding people through ID or properly add them based on correct IDs.

Why f#ck with people instead?  :-[
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2007 on: February 27, 2014, 08:51:24 AM »
thanks
 now another question: how to use this
Code: [Select]
if chr.has_image("deepthroat") to look for one image with more tags?
 what i want to do is for example display (profile + sad) image but if there is not one (profile + uncertain) image instead

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2008 on: February 27, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
thanks
 now another question: how to use this
Code: [Select]
if chr.has_image("deepthroat") to look for one image with more tags?
 what i want to do is for example display (profile + sad) image but if there is not one (profile + uncertain) image instead

if chr.has_image("profile", "sad"):
   # Do something

Maybe I should code something like this into show() method instead... for now use has_image, it'll always work.

=============
Just tested new version of Alkion, dungeon is a bit better, it's now possible to create maps in txt files (bit confusing) and there are some tile properties (like water passable only for those who can swim). Eliont has a couple of bugs to fix before throwing it on the blog. I think I also got a couple of ideas of how to make jobs better on code review from there.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #2009 on: February 27, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
Well, if it does, it's a SF bug. What would be the bloody point in adding anyone using their ids if they cannot use their rights, either block adding people through ID or properly add them based on correct IDs.

Why f#ck with people instead?  :-[

I just checked SF, I have a RW code now. I'm gonna try to push something, it only has one line changed. It's just a test. Let's see if this works now.

_____

Well, it seemed to go through this time. Let me know if it didn't.

Kinda dumb that sf is being retarded like that though.... so .... what's the point of the user ID then? .... lol. whatever
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:08:42 PM by Armegetton »