Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821631 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2025 on: March 01, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »
Looks like so far we only have projective and instant magic. I've been thinking about rays of some kind, when the continuous beam shoots to the enemy.

Should be doable but animations for that will not be easy to find and while making one is simple, we don't have any graphical designers on the team. It's prolly best to work with what we've got before the @.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2026 on: March 01, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
SF Updated:

- Better music handling
- Location music will now play while gilsmeets and not reset on return to the location label
- Some sfx files have been relocated
- RenPy default screens have been restyled

As usual I've done all I could to build a prototype in absence of graphics designer, it's far from perfect but it's not awful either...

Pics (some of this stuff is animated so it's a frozen frame on the pic):

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:55:23 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #2027 on: March 01, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »
SF Updated:...

much nice. many ambiance. very mood
wowe
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2028 on: March 01, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
much nice. many ambiance. very mood
wowe

Luckily Ren'Py allows to do quite a bit with just code even if this doesn't approach designs made by artists.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2029 on: March 02, 2014, 04:52:37 AM »
"Tab characters are not alowed in renpy scripts". Since when proper code formatting is forbidden?  :(

How to add magic skills to mc?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2030 on: March 02, 2014, 05:03:14 AM »
"Tab characters are not alowed in renpy scripts". Since when proper code formatting is forbidden?  :(

Spaces are not good enough for you? :)

Actually unless I am mistaken, Python allows using tab... maybe it was a bitch to write parser for so PyTom decided not to.

How to add magic skills to mc?

Either in classes - characters.rpy (Player class, some are defined there already so just copy/paste) or prolly simpler:

in console or in script.rpy after hero has been defined:

hero.magic_skills["skill"] = 2 # Or any number, hero is always player controlled so priority doesn't matter.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2031 on: March 02, 2014, 06:17:33 AM »
I have strange results. I pushed darkness spell, mc already has it, but I have no idea what is wrong with animation.
I read about anim.filmstrip function, it supposed to work this way, but it doesn't.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2032 on: March 02, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »
I have strange results. I pushed darkness spell, mc already has it, but I have no idea what is wrong with animation.
I read about anim.filmstrip function, it supposed to work this way, but it doesn't.

image dark_skull = anim.Filmstrip('content/gfx/be/dark_skull.png', (250, 500), (4, 3), 0.0, loop=false)

image dark_skull = anim.Filmstrip('content/gfx/be/dark_skull.png', (375, 500), (4, 3), 0.1, loop=false)

Just pushed a fix for the screen issue you've reported and your animation, you got 1500/4 (prolly thought image was 1000/1500) a bit wrong and didn't put any time between the animations. I've also changed anchor a little bit so it's above the enemy but it might not be your intent (I suggest not to try and anchor it in between the characters because that will look a bit weird on battlefield where they can move around). Also this animation seems to big... but that's an opinion.

Edit: Evil laughing sound would go well with that :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2033 on: March 02, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »
Huh, I resized it to 1000/1500, but instead it became 1500x1500, and I didn't notice it  ::)

I also like how it formed in the air and then attacks an enemy while disappearing. I'll find another sound, sure, this was a test one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2034 on: March 02, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »
Huh, I resized it to 1000/1500, but instead it became 1500x1500, and I didn't notice it  ::)

I've spent over an hour trying to figure out why my AlphaBlend didn't work. Apparently I had "fit to scale" option turned on while resizing the fire animation so instead of PyTFall it kept showing PyTF :D

Never working with AlphaBlend before, I believed fault was with me not understanding what it does and there are 0 examples on how to use it since it's a bit tricky.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2035 on: March 02, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
Where did you take that "good luck" sound from? When I hear it brings to mind the expression "go full retarded" from some gaming community  ::)

Why MC cannot sell items back to merchants? Or rather, why do they refuse to buy it back?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2036 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
Where did you take that "good luck" sound from? When I hear it brings to mind the expression "go full retarded" from some gaming community  ::)

LoL If you can find something better suited, be my guest. I think it was called something like Ironic Cartoon Voice on SD.

Why MC cannot sell items back to merchants? Or rather, why do they refuse to buy it back?

Merchants should only buy items they sell themselves. General Shop buys everything. If it works differently, it's a bug.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2037 on: March 02, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »
Fixed a small number of things:

- Fixed a bug where shops would buy everything except what they themselves sell (wrong bool).
- Disposition can no longer be changed by traits and will not mess with girlsmeets.
- Original order will be maintained for chainfights after saves. Now reversed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2038 on: March 02, 2014, 11:48:41 PM »
New prototype, map is loaded from Tiled (this actually is being cropped from tiles, not an image like before).

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2039 on: March 03, 2014, 03:42:47 AM »
I'm not sure about the idea that party members should move and act independently. And I'm not sure about several exploring parties at the same time as well.