Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821549 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2085 on: March 07, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »
Ok, I uploaded there more neutral tracks for city (city (1) and (2)). You could use depressing ones for slave market, I guess  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2086 on: March 07, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »
Ok, I uploaded there more neutral tracks for city (city (1) and (2)). You could use depressing ones for slave market, I guess  :)

Wtf with the "hip-hop" battle track after all of your fourth wall talk? I don't even know which one it is...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2087 on: March 07, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »
Fight (1) probably. It uses short version without vocals in the source game, didn't notice that.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2088 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »
Fight (1) probably. It uses short version without vocals in the source game, didn't notice that.

Question: Do we actually want unique tracks for the city or is it better to stick with the current setup of same music playing in the city as in the main menu of the game and during next day/brothel screens? It would not serve us to switch between music tracks to often. I am trying to write a script that will automatically load tracks into the game based on filenames where that is appropriate.

Edit: How should we handle shops? Random choice from a pool of shop tracks or per shop choices? Or just keep playing whatever music is playing at the moment unless specified otherwise?

PS: Tomorrow a writer might be joining us :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:45:08 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2089 on: March 07, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Yeah, we shouldn't change tracks too often. But space adventures track in the main menu is a mockery on the game, please change it to city/general city at least.

Added "small events" folder to music, there are short tracks that could be used in some cases, for example Good night track sounds good for next day or rest.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2090 on: March 07, 2014, 03:52:38 PM »
In the future we might assign unique tracks to the shops. For now they don't even have NPCs and quests, so random pool is enough.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2091 on: March 07, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »
Yeah, we shouldn't change tracks too often. But space adventures track in the main menu is a mockery on the game, please change it to city/general city at least.

:( I really like that one...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2092 on: March 07, 2014, 04:14:15 PM »
We also might assign some of battle tracks to boss fights only, but it could wait for now.

:( I really like that one...
It's not too late to change setting to something like this or that. Sci-fi music = sci-fi plot  8)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2093 on: March 07, 2014, 04:20:37 PM »
It's not too late to change setting to something like this or that. Sci-fi music = sci-fi plot  8)

That might be cool... there are no space settings in our type of sim games :)

But resources for that will be harder to find... maybe we'll add a space-city at some point...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2094 on: March 07, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »
Nah, in Phantasy Star 3 they live in giant ships that perfectly mimic a planet as long as you stay inside them  :)

Not to mention Shadow Raiders, where they use World Engines to fly on the very planet.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:30:47 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2095 on: March 07, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
Oki, done with the music (didn't know what to do with the short event stuff, but that will be very useful later).

Some battle-tracks are not really good, new arena inside is awesome... we'll adjust, game will pick up the files automatically now.

- New music found by Dark
- Semi-Automated music handling where appropriate (based on file-names)
- Auto-convertion from percetages to be specified in girls data files to values besed of max (100%)
- (luck stat is excluded from the above)
- Music added to victory screen (took some tinkering, I think there is a bug in Ren'Py)

Uploading...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Sysreq

« Reply #2096 on: March 08, 2014, 07:42:18 AM »
Uh, so I guess I'm the new writer for this game.  I got the game up and working and played around a bit and dang it's an ambitious project.  However, I'm not exactly sure what you all would like me to work on and how to do so lol.  I mean, I saw some grammar stuff in the game that needs fixing but what else and how do I go about editing the text?   

Edit:  Never mind, I looked around in Ren'Py a bit and found the edit files thing and saw the "edit all files" option so now I see all the scripts for all the events and stuff.  So yeah what do ya guys want me to do?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:54:45 AM by Sysreq »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2097 on: March 08, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »
Xela will explain it better, but anyway. Right now we need texts for girlsmeets/interactions depending on characters traits/occupations/stats/whatever you want.
You could take a look at pyt - labels - girlsmeets.rpy for examples (with notepad+ or something similar).

Offline Sysreq

« Reply #2098 on: March 08, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »
Ah yeah I see the "placeholder for interactions with being asked to be a friend blah blah" stuff.  I found the traits xhtml file; do most traits need a text?  Or only more major traits like personality traits (ex. mind fucked, tsundere, tomboy, mature, etc.).

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2099 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
It depends on your imagination and free time. More the better, but if you won't be able to write texts for some traits, nothing bad will happen  :)

Another thing is dialogues for gifts. There is gifts.json file, some gifts could be good or bad for some characters depending on traits mostly.
We don't have any lines for gifts right now, even general ones, while ideally there should be lines for all major traits. I guess three levels of reaction should be enough (great gift, meh gift, terrible gift).