devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821823 times)

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2220 on: March 15, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »
So... with the witch teaching air/fire for the Alpha, we just need one more/two more NPCs for Light/Dark. Then something for hero training (I could use some ideas here):

Options:

1) AP/Training on the next day setup in the hero menu screen

2) NPC training (Like Xeona could train weapons skills/witch magic skills and so on, maybe with limits to what they are capable of teaching like in Elder Scrolls)

3 - x) Anything you guys can come up with.

(with training I mean the daily stat mining, obviously stats will be gained during events/interactions and so on as well)

=======
Past that... some generic location events, maybe one or two girls events, maybe some Blue-related cloning easter-egg, I would love to have some deep events as well (like enabling purchase of new building or different slavemarket or something at least slightly game-changing) but that takes time and thought and maybe game is not even ready for something like that at Alpha stage.

What else? Some simple dungeon I wanted to plant in as an easter egg as well but that might take a while to create a decent one unless we use sewers/desert or similar a tilemap...

Well, I don't know why you have to have 1 npc for both light and dark. If it were me, I'd have a church with an npc that teaches light. And then you could either use a warlock/necromancer hiding somewhere in the city who teaches dark (maybe in Main Street in a basement, just a thought) . OR dark could be taught by a mage who's studying ancient arcane magics .... but I feel like a person like that could probably teach all magic types.

This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2221 on: March 15, 2014, 01:11:59 PM »
You could use the leprechaun's sister, peevish.png in my db, for light/darkness. You were right about the other picture, it's a nightmare when you try to delete background there.

I agree with Xeona training and Skyrim-like limits.
We also have a lot of misc items that increase stats. If you make sure that they will work properly on MC, we won't need selftrainig.

Thanks, I thinks that might be a solid bet for the @, we can have Peevish teach Earth and her teaching Water in the future or something like that. BTW: Do you still have an image with background of our which somewhere? Maybe I an find a better tolerance setting for clearing the background for her?

Well, I don't know why you have to have 1 npc for both light and dark. If it were me, I'd have a church with an npc that teaches light. And then you could either use a warlock/necromancer hiding somewhere in the city who teaches dark (maybe in Main Street in a basement, just a thought) . OR dark could be taught by a mage who's studying ancient arcane magics .... but I feel like a person like that could probably teach all magic types.

Because it takes time and at least some effort (more in case of peevish, less in case of a witch). Somehow I am having a lot more difficulty with events that I HAVE to code in order to make the game playable than with events that I WANT to code to make it more fun to play... somehow that never transfers to writing code for logic.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2222 on: March 15, 2014, 01:23:37 PM »
Here it is. I found her with witch+original tags back then, and with pumpkin+broom now  :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:26:14 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2223 on: March 15, 2014, 01:32:58 PM »
Here it is. I found her with witch+original tags back then, and with pumpkin+broom now  :)

Awesome! I think this can be cleared with a lot less artifacts on contour, I'll try that tonight as well.

Edit:

It'll get better with the next push. I'll try to find some energy to at least start with the light/dark magic event tonight.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:07:55 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2224 on: March 15, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
I wanna call her:

Aoibheann    “eve + een”    Eavan    

aoibhinn ”pleasant, beautiful sheen, of radiant beauty.” Often interpreted as “little Eve.” One Aoibheann was the mother of St. Enda of Aran who died c. 530 AD.

It might sound odd to Russians (like Иван), but it should make sense for English speakers :D

Awesome that the image is already perfectly cleaned from background btw, it took me some time messing with (prolly) subpixels to get the witch pic to artifact-less level.

I'll try to finish at least the logic for her tonight...

Edit:
Another option:

Aine    “awn + ye”    Anya, Anna, Hannah    

Ancient Irish name from the noun aine that means “splendor, radiance, brilliance.” Aine is connected with fruitfulness and prosperity. The queen of the Munster fairies was called Aine as was one of the wives of Fionn Mac Cool (read the legend). Aine appears in folktales as “the best-hearted woman who ever lived – lucky in love and in money.”
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2225 on: March 15, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
Aine would explain why there are leprikons in the forest in the first place.
Although, she doesn't seem powerful and imposing enough for a queen of fairies...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2226 on: March 15, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »
Aine would explain why there are leprikons in the forest in the first place.
Although, she doesn't seem powerful and imposing enough for a queen of fairies...

Aine it is, I got distracted with reading articles about graphics/image formats... Event will have to wait until tomorrow  :-[ Still going to try at least code 50 lines tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2227 on: March 16, 2014, 05:36:09 AM »
Aaand pushed magic for mobs. Back to rg packs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2228 on: March 16, 2014, 09:37:21 AM »
Aaand pushed magic for mobs. Back to rg packs.

Awesome, I'll get rid of auto-assigning spells in the next push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2229 on: March 17, 2014, 06:38:25 AM »
I forgot to post that I've combined my updates with Dark's and pushed yesterday... I am not sure if I get the chance to work on the game tonight but I'll think about what to do new before then :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2230 on: March 17, 2014, 06:48:42 AM »
At least kill those bots and remove their remains.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2231 on: March 17, 2014, 06:53:09 AM »
At least kill those bots and remove their remains.

I've disabled them from posting anything and further polluting the forums. Admins can delete all their posts with couple of mouse clicks. I have to do it post by post. They've already been reported some time ago so I expect they'll be gone soon.

Edit: We should prolly also make a rule against using sites like http://emoticoner.com (aimed at Arm, mostly :D ). I am getting password pop-ups every time I visit my own thread...

A username and password are being requested by http://emoticoner.com. The site says: "Access Restricted (pwrestrict)"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:58:44 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2232 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:13 AM »
I would like some girlpack girls to start with some special items equipped.   

It looks that I can probably write a silent event that will do that - check if girls are in game and equip items, using custom event and item files. But I'm not sure where I should run it from as main screen doesn't run events at the very start of the game and I would like to avoid any possibility of player acquiring and equipping these girls before it happens.

Or Is there already a some more convenient way to do that? (like writing something in girls .xml) 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:04:11 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2233 on: March 17, 2014, 08:03:12 AM »
I would like some girlpack girls to start with items equipped.   

I was thinking that I can probably write a silent event that will do that. But I'm not sure where I should run it from as main screen doesn't run events at the very start of the game and I would like to avoid any possibility of player acquiring and equipping these girls before it happens.

Or Is there already a some more convenient way to do that? (like writing something in girls .xml)

Yeah well... we should really transfer girls files to JSON after the Alpha (preserving backwards compatibility with XML obviously).

I think the best way to do what you want is to create another label, like start_id and have it always run on game start (if such a label exists obviously). Modders might wish to do more than just adding items in the future and constantly modding XML loading function is tedious.

Just make the labels and be sure to end each label with a

Code: [Select]
return
statement. I'll try to make the rest work.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2234 on: March 17, 2014, 08:13:54 AM »
Do you mean existing or unique item? Cause if unique, with a new icon and stuff, then we need to load items from multiple jsons.

Also we'll need a flag of some kind for items that cannot be thrown or transferred, cannot be unequipped, and cannot be equipped by anyone but the girl.