devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821597 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2250 on: March 17, 2014, 12:05:53 PM »
And where exactly should I add these lines?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2251 on: March 17, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
And where exactly should I add these lines?

Like I've told CW, start_rildid.rpy file. I'll enable calling those files tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2252 on: March 17, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »
And this file should be where?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2253 on: March 17, 2014, 12:36:07 PM »
And this file should be where?

Doesn't really matter that much, I'd make a suggestion to put it in girls folder with pictures.

My previous post was a bit misleading, I meant a label called "start_girlid" bot the file, files name is unimportant (CW knows that).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2254 on: March 17, 2014, 12:38:40 PM »
@ CW

I just pushed a small addon to the script that should do what is required. Please test it and tell me if it works!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2255 on: March 17, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »
Ah, ok then. As long as it's possible to use more than 1 modding file, it's not a problem.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:19:45 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2256 on: March 17, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
Pushed another cool music for main street. Working on Angel rg these days, will be ready before the alpha for sure, unlike huge hair_colour+original packs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2257 on: March 17, 2014, 04:50:13 PM »
Pushed another cool music for main street. Working on Angel rg these days, will be ready before the alpha for sure, unlike huge hair_colour+original packs.

I got the track :)

Got about an hour tonight, I'll see if I can start adding to interactions a bit and see where that leads.

Edit:
Decided to skip that... head is completely empty for some reason. Going to rest up a bit and start with interactions tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:22:20 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2258 on: March 17, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
aaaaa... I need help again  :( I'm trying to figure it out for hours and I simply cannot find it anywhere :'(
I want to select one specific item, like in:
equip_item(item, chr)
what to write in the "item" field? Like, instead of "chr" I need to use "char["Hinata"]" to select specific girl, but how to call item by it's id?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2259 on: March 17, 2014, 05:33:28 PM »
aaaaa... I need help again  :( I'm trying to figure it out for hours and I simply cannot find it anywhere :'(
I want to select one specific item, like in:
equip_item(item, chr)
what to write in the "item" field? Like, instead of "chr" I need to use "char["Hinata"]" to select specific girl, but how to call item by it's id?

Code: [Select]
items["id"] ?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2260 on: March 17, 2014, 05:51:56 PM »
Code: [Select]
items["id"] ?
YES! That's it, thanks!
I was using a overly long description to be sure that you'll understand that my question is really that stupid  :)

@ CW

I just pushed a small addon to the script that should do what is required. Please test it and tell me if it works!
Just run in and it works. Labels for girls start one after another without problems. I managed to have item from items.xml equipped on a girl from the start - which is just what I wanted. Thanks a lot.   I didn't have time yet to try advanced stuff, like that creating items in code you suggested or adding unique battle skills from there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:56:52 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2261 on: March 17, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
I'll look into creating items of addind arena skills later.

Yeap, stuff like MarsFlameSniper should be moved to girl's personal rpy files as well :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2262 on: March 18, 2014, 04:12:56 AM »
I have a question though: Can you make a girl that will only make her appearance as your daughter? As in: she can't be found in the slave market, nor wandering the town, nor the catacombs etc. BUT, there IS a chance one of your daughters will be her.
I wonder if we should add something like that at some point. Providing that we'll use pregnancy at all (I'm not sure if we should, it's not like we don't have enough sources for random characters, not to mention clonning).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2263 on: March 18, 2014, 04:48:09 AM »
I wonder if we should add something like that at some point. Providing that we'll use pregnancy at all (I'm not sure if we should, it's not like we don't have enough sources for random characters, not to mention clonning).

Enough sources is not really a valid counter argument in this case because pregnancy is a fetish/feature more than just a logical source. What we do with it depends on what happens after Alpha (new people joining dev team, modders, writers etc.).

I think that there are far more interesting features that we can immediately develop than pregnancy like training, capture, exploration, more buildings, more jobs, deeper communications, economics, territory control, BE features and so on.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2264 on: March 18, 2014, 05:15:49 AM »
Ok... so if I can focus today and not repeat yesterdays evenings bs, I can put quite a bit of time into the project.

If you have some stuff that requires coding, let me know, otherwise I'll start with replacing wooden buttons in the main menu, switch to interactions afterwards and see where that leads me.

For interactions (and girlsmeets), I want to look into creating a smart function to award disposition based on stats/classes and write a new routine for finding pics based on tags that will do something like this:

"tag1", "tag2" ==> will be used as default under default lookup logic.

first=[tags] ==> will look for exact match of all tags
second=[tags] ==> will look for exact match of all tags
fifth=[tags] ==> maximum 5 stages
all=[tags] ==> tags that will be added to all stages except the default so there is no need to repeat oneself.
Like what we're doing?