Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821212 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2265 on: March 18, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »
That reminds me, did you change neutral tag to indifferent everywhere in the code?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2266 on: March 18, 2014, 06:41:04 AM »
That reminds me, did you change neutral tag to indifferent everywhere in the code?

Yeap, I think it was Arm that did that, not me though... but they're all gone.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2267 on: March 18, 2014, 07:30:23 AM »
I know where we can use those sad tracks that you didn't want for the city. We could use a cemetery (near the temple if we'll have one), both for dead characters and for meetings with strange girls.

Also you wanted to add race field to girls data files.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2268 on: March 18, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
I know where we can use those sad tracks that you didn't want for the city. We could use a cemetery (near the temple if we'll have one), both for dead characters and for meetings with strange girls.

Funeral march for the cemetery pls  ???

Also you wanted to add race field to girls data files.

No, I wanted you and CW to add that... I don't have any packs of my own at the moment.

(I've added new styles and removed unstyled wooden buttons from main menu, about to start on girlsmeets.)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2269 on: March 18, 2014, 07:58:52 AM »
Funeral march for the cemetery pls  ???
I don't know why they seem too depressing for you, but since they are, cemetery is the way to go  :D
Besides, how and where else could you keep dead characters if you don't have enough money to ressurect/clone them?

No, I wanted you and CW to add that... I don't have any packs of my own at the moment.
I mean you should add it to the game interface, it will be useless otherwise.
Also, by default it should be "human", unless otherwise stated.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2270 on: March 18, 2014, 08:02:36 AM »
I mean you should add it to the game interface, it will be useless otherwise.
Also, by default it should be "human", unless otherwise stated.

That's two lines of code for me and one line per girl for you guys :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2271 on: March 18, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
I must have missed that - Race means that we will remove all this catgirl, alien, artificial body etc. traits and write it as a string in xmls? Like human, youkai, data integration thought entity and such?
Or something else...?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2272 on: March 18, 2014, 08:10:02 AM »
I must have missed that - Race means that we will remove all this catgirl, alien, artificial body etc. traits and write it as a string in xmls? Like human, youkai, data integration thought entity and such?
Or something else...?

Something like that. It's not immediately useful, but will become so after girls-capture/slave-training.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2273 on: March 18, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »
Well, it's impossible to write events for every possible race, since there are dozens, if not hundreds, of them. Only four traits (not human, AB, alien, catgirl) mean much less work.
I expect them to be used for some systems like girls relationships. And they will look well on stats screen.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2274 on: March 18, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
Well, it's impossible to write events for every possible race, since there are dozens, if not hundreds, of them. Only four traits (not human, AB, alien, catgirl) mean much less work.
I expect them to be used for some systems like girls relationships. And they will look well on stats screen.

Yeap, for explanation/capture as well. I'm on a break, brb in an hour.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2275 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »
Ok.. it was more than an hour but back to work :)

I've decided to rewrite all interactions completely as nothing could really be salvaged. Main problem is that post training, most of this stuff will have to be rewritten or at least adjusted once again... maybe we should keep it to the bare minimum for now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2276 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:34 PM »
Would it make sense to show girls portrait in the say window at all times?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2277 on: March 18, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »
Would it make sense to show girls portrait in the say window at all times?
Maybe... I think it can look very good if we also use tags=more expressions for portraits (and these are easy to create) on most standard screens and it shouldn't be that weird on others.
Only place where it's no good is on events that use novel pics, but these are manually written anyway, so that's ok.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:00:40 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2278 on: March 18, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
Maybe... I think it can look very good if we also use tags=more expressions for portraits (and these are easy to create) on most standard screens and it shouldn't be that weird on others.
Only place where it's no good is on events that use novel pics, but these are manually written anyway, so that's ok.

Yeap, we could do something like that as well. I was thinking about assigning h and g variables to hero.say and chr.say for automatic setups...

===
Didn't manage to get much done again. Interactions are very difficult to find a good approach to, will prolly take a few days just to build a code skeleton. I need some time for all the ideas and approaches to take some form in my head.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2279 on: March 18, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
I actually like it more and more... I'm personally removing background from portraits because I believe it looks better, but this is not required, so making a set of portraits can be just cropping the heads of pics that would have to be tagged anyway = almost zero additional work from modders for something that will surely look good.

And portraits don't suffer from issues that profile pics often have - different outfits or body proportions - so they are much more suited for situations where the girl mood can change a lot.

----------------------------

I'm finishing a girl for which I want to make another attack animation. I'll try to use that new start_id laber for it. But because I have a lot school, it could take few days.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:08:40 PM by CherryWood »