devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821214 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2460 on: March 26, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
I tried to put rGirls from alpha to repo version, and it gives me this:
Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 85, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 193, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 3675, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 2039, in python
AttributeError: 'battle_skill' is neither a gamestat nor an attribute of rGirl.

Is there a fix?

----------------------------
Also:
About 5 - 6 more GB of native packs will be available soon.

Do you want to have separate modder pages, like there are for WM to upload and update girlpack/event stuff, or keep it hidden and upload it only once in a while in main posts (like SM3) ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2461 on: March 26, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
I tried to put rGirls from alpha to repo version, and it gives me this:
Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 85, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 193, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 3675, in python
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 2039, in python
AttributeError: 'battle_skill' is neither a gamestat nor an attribute of rGirl.

Is there a fix?

Sorry, I've made a number of last minute changes to code and haven't pushed that yet. Will do so momentary.

----------------------------
Also:

Do you want to have separate modder pages, like there are for WM to upload and update girlpack/event stuff, or keep it hidden and upload it only once in a while in main posts (like SM3) ?

Yeap, might be useful. I am also thinking about a single thread where one modder is allowed to make only one post in a generalized format.

Edit:

Oki, just pushed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:19:39 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2462 on: March 26, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
Oki, just pushed.
Thanks!
Yeap, might be useful. I am also thinking about a single thread where one modder is allowed to make only one post in a generalized format.
Maybe a link in main thread that goes to simple txt file shared in DB where the actual updated links are?
[size=78%]https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrv92wy1vhxnchj/dummy%20file.txt[/size]
(just trying to find a way that allows me to keep stuff updated without bothering you with it each time)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:27:09 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2463 on: March 26, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »
Thanks!Maybe a link in main thread that goes to simple txt file shared in DB where the actual updated links are?
[size=78%]https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrv92wy1vhxnchj/dummy%20file.txt[/size]
(just trying to find a way that allows me to keep stuff updated without bothering you with it each time)

Feel free to start a new thread and maintain it as you like! I'll sticky it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2464 on: March 26, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »
Feel free to start a new thread and maintain it as you like! I'll sticky it.
ok... but I wait until I actually have something worth it.

Right now I only have Shoukaku (Kantai Collection) updated, so you can add this link to her:
https://mega.co.nz/#!CdADVJRT!sejpqltsiHqnF3SsC8VnthyaHVA_0PzFQMMCa7OxGng

[/size]But I noticed that you used my Airi inside DarkTl's pack instead of his and linked it like that - but I never intended to do so! - I would never touch anyone's else work like that... (*feels bad*)
But most importantly, now there are two Airi data entries inside... you should just keep link to his pack (it's already there), and I explain my alternative somewhere later...[/font]

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2465 on: March 26, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »
Right now I only have Shoukaku (Kantai Collection) updated, so you can add this link to her:
https://mega.co.nz/#!CdADVJRT!sejpqltsiHqnF3SsC8VnthyaHVA_0PzFQMMCa7OxGng

Is this the one with the bomber plain? You can post this yourself to the release thread if you like.

[/size]But I noticed that you used my Airi inside DarkTl's pack instead of his and linked it like that - but I never intended to do so! - I would never touch anyone's else work like that... (*feels bad*)
But most importantly, now there are two Airi data entries inside... you should just keep link to his pack (it's already there), and I explain my alternative somewhere later...[/font]

You didn't touch anything, I did. It's not a good idea to have mupliple versions of the same girl at @ release day, will confuse the hell out of people. She is commented out in data.xml in case you haven't noticed so she's loaded from your file. Also, generally, your packs integrate into the game better than Darks (which is understandable since he's tagging them 4 times faster than you).

You can figure this stuff out after your packs threads are setup.

* I've removed his QB link cause it has an older datafile than my upload. Was never my intent to post both. Also there are a bunch of packs that Dark hasn't uploaded to Mega it would seem... I don't have any energy left to figure out what's what tonight. I also have no clue as to why there are two SOA packs, they are not the same link/size so it's not a clone.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:31:39 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2466 on: March 26, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »
I didn't notice the commenting out, sorry. It's just feel "not right" because I posted her second (I actually didn't notice there was a QB pack somehow, but I was not planning to do the other girls anyway, I just wanted Airi for some event) and I didn't even ask about it.

Yes, she is that girl with Air Strike attack. KanColle is all about girls that are personification of real ships and Shoukaku was an aircraft carrier, so I thought it would be fun to add some attacking RC models in. It took me a long time to figure out that "fly out" part of animation that you also helped me with... sorry to hear that you don't like it  :( 

(Actually, a "Real" skill should be launching planes that would be attacking targets each turn independently, which in game terms actually means it would just be a different look of poison attack, but current BE is not prepared for that)
(her normal attack is using bow to shoot arrows with a plane attached instead of arrow head, which can be interpreted like "kamikaze" attack - these girls are fun!)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:08:44 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2467 on: March 27, 2014, 01:09:37 AM »
* I've removed his QB link cause it has an older datafile than my upload. Was never my intent to post both. Also there are a bunch of packs that Dark hasn't uploaded to Mega it would seem... I don't have any energy left to figure out what's what tonight. I also have no clue as to why there are two SOA packs, they are not the same link/size so it's not a clone.
I use db mostly. All existing packs are there (even not tagged), and new data files for them are in db too, in a separate folder.
I'll deal with double SAO and other mega stuff when I get home. Providing that mega will be in the mood for uploading.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:12:38 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2468 on: March 27, 2014, 02:18:56 AM »
I use db mostly. All existing packs are there (even not tagged), and new data files for them are in db too, in a separate folder.
I'll deal with double SAO and other mega stuff when I get home. Providing that mega will be in the mood for uploading.

Oki, can you test that everything works as well? Jaeke already got an error with one of the packs, I have no idea what the circumstances of that are, just that Timid trait was used somewhere that doesn't exist in the current game version.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2469 on: March 27, 2014, 02:34:58 AM »
Ah yes, found it. We decided to rename Edgy to Timid back then. Aaaand then forgot about it  :D
Well, we have to either leave Edgy for now or change it to Timid everywhere.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #2470 on: March 27, 2014, 05:19:38 AM »
Game size
Has anyone considered lowering game file size by batch processing these ~500kb jpegs into under 100 kb jpegs? I just set some to 20% quality in photoshop and could barely notice a difference, considering most of these images are not displayed at full size in game, could be worth looking into. Can always have low quality and full quality packs up for d/l. 100mb pack down to 20mb, and if the girls arent your style, try other packs. Find one you really like, get full quality.

Info for writers
Do we have a thread somewhere with information and resources for writers? You know like laws, races(and all their info), faction/country/race relations, religions and gods, current affairs/wars, people/groups in power/of high importance, important history, farmboy to hero prophecies?
Are there male slaves? Child/elderly ones? What does a slave generally do? How does one become a slave/gain their freedom? Are they born into it?
What are the laws on treatment of slaves? What if they die in your care/you kill them intentionally? What if someone else kills one of yours/you kill one of theirs?
Can a non-slave marry a slave? Multiple people? Can slaves marry?
Are all the humanoid races compatible for reproduction?
What about daily life of the super poor, low income, high income, super wealthy, nobles. What about super poor nobles? Does everyone speak the same language? What's the weapon/medicine/science level? Gunpowder a no? Electricity? Steampunk not allowed?? Any magic that is a no-no? Time travel not allowed?
What does the surrounding area/map look like?
Mythological/fantastic/sci-fi creatures? Dragons? Aliens? Orcs(considering I have fought them in the arena...)? Mermaids? Robots/cyborgs/androids?

I believe I read somewhere that Pytfall was a trade port/city/hub. What's the relation with crossgate/other games towns/realms?

Sorry if this is already documented somewhere but you should make it super visible (and inspiring) to attract writers.

Might be nice to have an avoidable short(and most importantly interesting) intro of the city at the beginning of the game, or in the game somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:40:13 AM by Jaeke »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2471 on: March 27, 2014, 05:46:18 AM »
Lol, if we could write all of this, we wouldn't need a writer anymore :-P    

and the packs are already optimised, the original size was much larger than this.

I'm personaly against reducing quality (I actually increased if in between the first (NGE) and newer packs, because of the artifacts) but It may be worth making a "lite" pack versions with just few best pics and without all these categories that are not used right now (bdsm...)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:29:36 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #2472 on: March 27, 2014, 06:28:45 AM »
Yea, making some packs that cut out the things not used would work, can always make character update packs later if you add them.
I just think the size of the game will put many people off.
And I don't mean forcing lower quality packs, I mean for them to be an option for those looking into the game but have problems with the size.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:30:23 AM by Jaeke »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2473 on: March 27, 2014, 06:40:19 AM »
World setting is not really set in stone, we've agreed to keep as many avenues open as we possibly can.

When I made packs for WM, I usually had a compact and a large versions. It's not a bad idea as only slide show in the gallery really uses high quality pics.

That said... I can usually notice difference between low/high quality pic in the game, but it does byte.
Like what we're doing?

Offline NEXEON

« Reply #2474 on: March 27, 2014, 08:20:16 AM »
where can i find configuration file which contain player gold ?
in the current alpha
thankx