Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821520 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2520 on: March 31, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
SF Updated:

- Arena combat is now more lucrative
- Arena Mob-Choice crash is fixed
- Erroneous taxes reporting is fixed
- Game should no longer crash on missing traits
- Missing traits will report a warning to devlog
- General shop will have more gold and reset the amount of gold on daily basis
- AutoRest should now be a lot smarter and not waste any valuable AP
- Number of spell/grammar mistakes is fixed
- Hotkeys tryout:
* a = Arena
* c = Beach Cafe
* g = General Store
* m = Mainscreen
- When loading girls from their respective folders, game will now check for foreign OS files such as DStore,
that may not fix the issue everywhere but at least this should get rid of the reported one (Mac OS fail after player has looked into girls folders)
- Temporary fix for gamecrash on one of the high level mobs on misnamed attack should now be intercepted in code until we fix it in json
- Increased image cache is for now disabled, may have been causing some issues
- Next day button added to next day screen
- RMB has been activated at more places
- MC will next day recovery is now tied into remaining AP. Will go a LOT faster if enough AP remain at the end of the day.

I'll make a patch in few minutes.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2521 on: April 01, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »
Oki, I think that I'll start with a code review tonight...

If anyone got any immediate requests/ideas, let me know right now.

I'll start with:

- Unifying characters classes.
- Turning Customer into a proper PyTFall character
- Rescaling and improving all logic
- Improving Inventory class
- Improving equipment/traits and stats application logic
- Prolly moving stats to a separate class cause code is getting too messy
- Maybe moving finances to a separate class for the same reason
- Rescaling Brothel classes and creating a proper buildings Master class for it

- mrrre laterz.

* Also I will reread the article on how to increase calculating speed in Python and try to use as many ways as possible especially during the Next Day relevant calculations.
** Another thing, obviously is to add as much new functionality during the review as possible! Hence the above-standing question on any requests again...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:34:06 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2522 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:22 AM »
I have a couple, yes.

* We should use type field in addition to the current system to determine which items can be sold in shops. Thus, the witch should buy all potion type items, while cafe should buy all food type items.
* We probably have no choice but to use levels, stats caps and so on for mobs. Right now they are either too easy or too hard during one fight.
* Normalization should be removed. Except those parts that don't allow negative stats . Min 40 constitution is ridiculous anyway. If you have a weak girl, train her or get rid of her, that's it.
* Someone mentioned somewhere that during girlsmeets you could repeat the same line over and over, getting disposition. The success of such tactics should depend on MC stats, for example, 1 attempt per 100 charisma.
* mrrre laterz  :)

Offline RitschRatsch

« Reply #2523 on: April 01, 2014, 05:55:08 AM »
you can pretty much exploit the romantic thing during girl meet it has 100% success chance and gives more or less 20-25 dispo each time you push dat button so its at least 60 dispo each  day just saying

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2524 on: April 01, 2014, 06:11:19 AM »
^Yup, that's what I'm talking about.
For example, in Artificial Academy you only can use the same line 2 times, after that the probability of success is rapidly falling (depending on disposition).

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2525 on: April 01, 2014, 06:12:48 AM »
- GM gift option doesn't show any items if you don't have corresponding item category selected in hero screen (All or Gift)

don't think the romance option will have any meaning until (if ever) we add a dating...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:21:24 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2526 on: April 01, 2014, 06:33:18 AM »
don't think the romance option will have any meaning until (if ever) we add a dating...
Proper dating will require insane amount of writings. It is pretty much impossible without a hard working writer. Well, maybe closer to 2.0 version my English will be good enough to write it  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2527 on: April 01, 2014, 07:06:06 AM »
Well, most of the writing was done by us and noone really complained about that so far. Writing at that level I can do relatively fast myself. Girlsmeets require a plan... that is very clear to me, also they must correspond to interactions and slavetraining.

That was the hardest part when I was working on iterations... I kept thinking that I'd have to rewrite texts and conditioning for after the slavetraining and if added too many texts and options, it would require a lot of repetitive work.

=========
Basically by the ideas I meant logic, obviously noone except myself knows how the logic works exactly (neither do I really, some of the code is old and doesn't scale very well) but everyone prolly got a feeling for it during gameplay. That part I'll be working a lot during the code review.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2528 on: April 01, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »
Those are not ideas then, but requests  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2529 on: April 01, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
Those are not ideas then, but requests  :)

Both...

Request = Taxes should be lower!
Idea = Lets tax profit instead of income!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2530 on: April 01, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »
That part I'll be working a lot during the code review.
Did you see another report about anal stat and booty lube in alpha release thread? I suspect this is the part you'll be working a lot during the code review  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2531 on: April 01, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »
Did you see another report about anal stat and booty lube in alpha release thread? I suspect this is the part you'll be working a lot during the code review  :D

:D Nope, actually I haven't...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2532 on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:07 AM »
- MC gift option doesn't show any items if you don't have corresponding item category selected in hero screen (All or Gift)

That's a bug, didn't expect it to act that way.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2533 on: April 01, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
Another strange item: Manual of the Dancer is disappearing after entering shops!

So Manual of the Dancer disappeared from my inventory, but when I bought a second copy, I'ts listing that I have two (so it's not physically gone, just invisible). I can give both to a girl, and she keeps them just fine. I can transfer one manual of the two back to MC. Now both the girl and I have one and it appears correctly both on MC inventory and item transfer screens. But when I enter any shop, manual that was in MC's inventory is visually gone from sell selection and MC inventory again. I can make it reappear with taking the second one from that girl - it shows two again so I can give one back to that girl after mine is "renewed".

Another two books I have, manual of sex and manual of health do not have this issue (they're here all the time)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:06:25 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2534 on: April 01, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »
Another strange item: Manual of the Dancer is disappearing after entering shops!

So Manual of the Dancer disappeared from my inventory, but when I bought a second copy, I'ts listing that I have two (so it's not physically gone, just invisible). I can give both to a girl, and she keeps them just fine. I can transfer one manual of the two back to MC. Now both the girl and I have one and it appears correctly both on MC inventory and item transfer screens. But when I enter any shop, manual that was in MC's inventory is visually gone from sell selection and MC inventory again. I can make it reappear with taking the second one from that girl - it shows two again so I can give one back to that girl after mine is "renewed".

Another two books I have, manual of sex and manual of health do not have this issue

This has been reported but I've concluded that it was filters being reset and not items disappearing. Try setting a filter to all right after the item in question is gone.

I'll be back in a couple of hours and start with the code review.
Like what we're doing?