devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821279 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2550 on: April 02, 2014, 03:26:53 AM »
I hope you removed stats normalization as well. We shouldn't make every girl ready for anything, it's player's work.

Everything should be the same... I will/cannot remove normalization completely, modder already can do quite a bit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2551 on: April 02, 2014, 03:36:00 AM »
Rescaling takes too long, I think I'll be doing it in bits. Next thing on the list are items/equiment, code is absolutely awful and if truth be told, under the current system, I am not sure that I can make it a lot better :(

There are simply to many if/buts in the system...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2552 on: April 02, 2014, 04:22:05 AM »
Pushed another small QF fixing a similar error.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2553 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:01 AM »
I will/cannot remove normalization completely, modder already can do quite a bit.
You cannot reduce initial min stats? How about, I don't know, 1-5 instead of 40?
I doubt there even will be characters with that low stats, but right now they are impossible at all. Basically, if I want to create a character with very low stats, I cannot do it with the current normalization. It's one more side of modability.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:09:57 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2554 on: April 02, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »
You cannot reduce initial min stats? How about, I don't know, 1-5 instead of 40?
I doubt there even will be characters with that low stats, but right now they are impossible at all. Basically, if I want to create a character with very low stats, I cannot do it with the current normalization. It's one more side of modability.

I need a practicle example, that's not how the code should behave, goes for both, old and the new one. If you set the stat to a percentage and it results at least with 1, it should not be touched by the game.

===================
I am done with equipping as well I think. I'll prolly do the buildings tonight. It's to early to review some other parts of the game because it'll be better to do that as those are updated.

We need to decide what we work on next... discussion and building concept will take a while anyway so we can do that while the code is being reviewed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2555 on: April 02, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
I recall you mentioned somewhere that initial min constitution is 40...

Anyway, I removed all traits from Nico (you have her from the start in dev version) and set every stat to 1 in xml.
Every new game she has random stats around 15-22, except reputation (always 1), health (always 100) and libido (1 too). Now I simply don't understand what is going on  :D
Why they are random?

We need to decide what we work on next...
* We should use type field in addition to the current system to determine which items can be sold in shops. Thus, the witch should buy all potion type items, while cafe should buy all food type items.
* We probably have no choice but to use levels, stats caps and so on for mobs. Right now they are either too easy or too hard during one fight.
* Someone mentioned somewhere that during girlsmeets you could repeat the same line over and over, getting disposition. The success of such tactics should depend on MC stats, for example, 1 attempt per 100 charisma.

Aside from that, I wanna clones and slavetraining  :)
Slavetraining is self-contained system, but clones probably require life imitation system for all "free" girls.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:03:46 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2556 on: April 02, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
I recall you mentioned somewhere that initial min constitution is 40...

Anyway, I removed all traits from Nico (you have her from the start in dev version) and set every stat to 1 in xml.
Every new game she has random stats around 15-22, except reputation (always 1), health (always 100) and libido (1 too). Now I simply don't understand what is going on  :D
Why they are random?

They should be random only after they resulted in 0, you've set them to 1% of 40 - 60 (max) and that resulted in 0 after a round up. Randomness is required for Crazy girls until we have enough packs of our own as they do not have all the stats. Health should be max, not 100. .

* Shops (types)
** Mobs (not entirely sure how to convert the system yet)
*** The girlsmeets thing would prolly result in awkward code if automatized, I'll leave that for later.

Aside from that, I wanna clones and slavetraining  :)
Slavetraining is self-contained system, but clones probably require life imitation system for all "free" girls.

Cloning is easy, I don't expect it to require much effort or need imitation system. Slavetraining module next then? Any ideas on that one?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2557 on: April 02, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »
I looked at the gm code a bit, added a virgin check and sex stat increase, moved some stuff around... I changed impersonal lines to kuudere as it's a better match, but it's still not right. Seriously, how do I managed to write so many lines for a personality that doesn't fit to any trait in game?
Nothing new yet, but I probably add something soon, as alpha players doesn't seems to mind our writing  :)
...or I try to create some unique girl gm lines, It could be fun and we don't have example of that yet.

But to tell the truth, I'm not sure about gms. They're just not interesting as they are now. In alpha, it felt to me like it's just 1. Hey, I need another girl, 2. Find one I like, 3. Spam everything until she's mine, with optional 4. spam a bit more if I want to change her profession.

I started to thing that it may be better to not have gms for recruiting at all, instead have some another job offer/hiring process, and leave disposition stuff separated, but merge all interactions/gms/dates into one, because it's just too wasteful to have two or three different parts of code and texts that actually do the same. (to access one system from both city and brothel)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:56:44 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2558 on: April 02, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »
But to tell the truth, I'm not sure about gms. They're just not interesting as they are now. In alpha, it felt to me like it's just 1. Hey, I need another girl, 2. Find one I like, 3. Spam everything until she's mine, with optional 4. spam a bit more if I want to change her profession.

I started to thing that it could be better to not have gms for recruiting at all, instead have some another job offer/hiring process, and leave disposition stuff separated, but merge all interactions/gms/dates into one, because it's just too wasteful to have two or three different parts of code and texts that actually do the same. (to access one system from both city and brothel)

I don't know, they have a nice feel to them and it's already possible to change all of them or even launch customs scripts instead of GM. I'd prefer if they stayed unless there is a better system available as a concept.

PS: When you're making items in script, you cannot use stuff like "false", it will always mean True in code (any non empty string will). Use False instead and avoid using false with a small letter in the future, it's a sh!tty practice inherited from Alkion that slightly slows down the game.

=================
Updating SF:

- Replaced false with False
- Replaced true with True
- Got rid of some BS code
- Moved GM resets to Next Day, might have a better feel to it
- Shops will now buy other items from relevant categories
- Shops should have all filter by default
- Equipment code is completely rescaled
- Character classes are now a lot more compact
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2559 on: April 02, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »
Ok... I don't mind that either. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:29:12 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2560 on: April 02, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »
I correct the items in DB. I suppose I should keep the old version in thread for alpha?

Oki, I don't think it's broken. I am off, g'night!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2561 on: April 03, 2014, 04:23:51 AM »
Cloning is easy, I don't expect it to require much effort or need imitation system.
Well, if you fire a clone, she still should try to earn enough money somewhere to stay alive. Thus, we need some kind of life for girls, where they work, earn money, spend them, etc.
Or if she is unable to do it, then she dies eventually.

Moreover, there probably should be a chance to meet a clone during girlsmeetings. They could be hired very easily, since they need money desperately.
Of course, they also require a large sum every month to keep them alive. Thus, they can bring any profit only at very high levels with very good stats.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:18:39 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2562 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »
As for ideas for slavetraining, well, you could just  port everything you like from Валет Плетей for a start. There are tons of ideas and options.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2563 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
As for ideas for slavetraining, well, you could just  port everything you like from Валет Плетей for a start. There are tons of ideas and options.

I'd rather not import cannibalism or growing maggots for alchemy ingredients inside of slaves bodies but yeah, training ideas are super easy to mimic, stats system might be a bit harder to mimic cause I have no idea how that's designed...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:38:06 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2564 on: April 03, 2014, 11:36:51 AM »
I guess slaves could have more stats than free girls. The problem is, what should happen to those stats if you free them.