devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821737 times)

Offline Algernon

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2730 on: June 08, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
There is/will be combat, just shouldn't be in a brothel. I am not disregarding the guard job since there is always a chance of unruly customers in borohel/stripclub/bar. I simply don't want to make something crazy out of it. I don't like the idea with the different ranks not attacking one another, seems a bit out there.
Not as out there as you might think.  With any society, there is corruption in the upper levels and with the justice system.  What I was thinking is that, the lower class citizens would fear reprisal if they tried to hurt everyone's favorite courtesan.  However, they wouldn't be so afraid when it's a low class slave.  In contrast, the upper class citizens wouldn't expect to be punished, or would expect to get off with a light sentence, no matter how they acted.

However, now that I think about it, it is rather pointless to try and implement.  For one, it adds a degree of realism that the player won't even notice.  Second, from what I've read on here, the higher ranked girls won't even be seeing the lower class guys, so this calculation would become pointless.

Although, applying some difference with the free girls vs the slave girls might be good.  But, a different way to implement it would be a decrease in the bribe money (for a failed customer assault) if the girl is a slave.  The reasoning behind this is that it is, technically, a different crime.  Instead of assault, it would be viewed as property damage, thus the lower bribe.  This would also add another benefit to having free girls, instead of just slaves.

It's a decent idea... BDSM similar to SimBro 1X where a specialized upgrade was required and it meant a great deal of money at once. This at cost of disposition (unless traits are applied), joy (same) and fatigue...

Yeap, this could be a way to go...
Yay! I finally came up with a good idea!  I gotta mark this on the calendar!  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2731 on: June 12, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
Small SF update:

- Fixed the Shop male filter bug.
- Updated Service Job stat checks.
- Fixed wages being logged in as tips.
- Added actual tips to the job.

Edit:

I guess noone really tries to get a decent club operation going cause this tips thing was not notice and it could mean that girls would keep all the cash to themselves. We could have made those jobs 20 lines of code instead of 250 and noone would notice :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:41:43 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2732 on: June 13, 2014, 07:38:55 PM »
It could be that I am a bit out of practice but this screen is ridiculously hard to build while it looks fairly simple... I hope I can finish this tomorrow:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:42:37 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2733 on: June 14, 2014, 04:36:09 AM »
LoL

It's amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you, fixed two biggest issues with the screen in like 5 minutes while wasting 3 hours on them yesterday :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2734 on: June 14, 2014, 05:40:33 AM »
Any progress with the dev mode?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2735 on: June 14, 2014, 05:46:53 AM »
Any progress with the dev mode?

I can do that in 5 mins but I fear fecking up the depo because I still cannot push the ND screen. I think I can wrap up some stuff and get the summary screen to an incomplete but playable state so I can finish it while you can test the new formulas. Give me 15 - 30 mins.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2736 on: June 14, 2014, 06:24:10 AM »
It's done:

- Added screen to review all fonts to the dev mode, accessible from the top stripe.
- Added red/green flags to many events
- 3 Bugs fixed and some code improved
- May have fixed experience overflows
- Added colors to a lot of special event texts
- Half finished the ND summary screen
- Taxes disabled in the dev mode
- At least 6 Service Girls on games start in the devmode

Many hundreds lines of new code, even if the screen looks innocent :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2737 on: June 14, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »
Somehow Nico has -5 upkeep. Probably too many good traits, but it's ridiculous anyway, she shouldn't pay you for her own upkeep. Should be no less than 0.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2738 on: June 14, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »
Somehow Nico has -5 upkeep. Probably too many good traits, but it's ridiculous anyway, she shouldn't pay you for her own upkeep. Should be no less than 0.

I think you were actually one to suggest that certain girls might need that (girls so well put that they are actually "moneysavers" around the house). I can turn upkeep into a property I guess but much later. If I can find strenght/time to finish the ND Summary today, it would be awesome. I still need to arrange sorting by red/green flagged reports, add exclamation marks/+ whereever they're required as now they only appear on job events and redesign the actual reports screen since they no longer require any filters. Also add the fin window/toolbar but that's luckily mostly copypasta from elsewhere.

Edit:
*** I do not believe that she does pay you for her own upkeep by the way, she just saves you the money.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:15:54 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2739 on: June 14, 2014, 12:29:51 PM »
The whole message looks strange. If upkeep is 0 or less, there should be another one that she does not need it, or maybe no message about upkeep at all.

Slaves or free ones that will live in MC house or something could actually pay the negative upkeep value, but not salaried workers.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2740 on: June 14, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
The whole message looks strange. If upkeep is 0 or less, there should be another one that she does not need it, or maybe no message about upkeep at all.

Slaves or free ones that will live in MC house or something could actually pay the negative upkeep value, but not salaried workers.

I think we had this discussion before but you were on the other end of it :)

Anyway, it's not so strange, lets say a girl on salary is a neat freak and will tidy the place up or is so pretty that she'll require less makeup or prefers to eat elsewhere and doesn't eat food from you so it goes to other girls. I don't really mind either way, upkeep will be easy to set at 0 min, no matter how we get negative values.

I think putting a couple more hours into the screen will do for now, I haven't done anything since the push but finding a semi-serious bug where clients come to the starting brothel even without the sign and all stats at 0. I was sure that couldn't happen but the summary screen told me otherwise...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2741 on: June 14, 2014, 01:06:26 PM »
Ok, that's how it should work: we summarize all upkeeps, both positive and negative, and then MC pays it. If after summation upkeep will be negative or zero, he doesn't pay anything and doesn't get gold too.

From the viewpoint of gui the message should be something like "she helped you save N gold on upkeep" or something like that, not "you pay -5 gold", because it gives the impression that MC just got pure gold out of nowhere.

Of course there should be another message for 0 upkeep.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:08:11 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2742 on: June 14, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
Ok, that's how it should work: we summarize all upkeeps, both positive and negative, and then MC pays it. If after summation upkeep will be negative or zero, he doesn't pay anything and doesn't get gold too.

From the viewpoint of gui the message should be something like "she helped you save N gold on upkeep" or something like that, not "you pay -5 gold", because it gives the impression that MC just got pure gold out of nowhere.

It can never work like that. Finances are settled per girl and I am not going to recode that. We'll lock at 0 or come up with a different solution.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2743 on: June 14, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »

Actually this we can achieve rather easily but it's still more effort than if we were just to set upkeep to min 0.

It's getting late and I am starting to make mistakes again. If this continues, I'll finish the screen tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2744 on: June 14, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
You cannot just summarize all their upkeeps and normalize them before actual payment, despite the fact that the game calculates and stores them every turn? How is it even possible?