Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821303 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2775 on: June 18, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
Because she learns how to use her breast to increase charisma and how to not lose agility thanks to it at the same time.
But you probably right, I'm not sure how to balance it in the beginning too.

I'm going to create a json for races. It will be something like
In case of mixed race we probably should allow two or more races at the same time, with bonuses and penalties
reduced twice of more. So in gui in case of half elf it should be something like "Elven Blood/Human", with const -5, agil +5 and for example reputation +5 providing that a pure human will have reputation +10.

This cannot be achieved via traits system, obviously.

Ok.. I still think races should be fields thought and not be amongst the traits. Dark Skin/Tall/Strong Magic are traits, race doesn't sound like a trait, at leas to me.

Anyway, I think half/half should be precoded with their own bonuses because we should only allow one race, mixes will likely to cause more problem in code than their worth. Even Elder Scrolls don't mix. If you want half-races, create separate sheets for them.

"Elven Blood/Human" we better call this half-elf. In any case, it's not very important, I doubt we'll ever get far enough with this to have half-race storylines events. I already have more ideas for character stories/events than I'll ever be able to code in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2776 on: June 19, 2014, 03:44:32 AM »
Hm, races are not traits, race features are. Demon is a race, infernal origin is a trait common to all demonic creatures, no matter how their race is called (oni, succubus, devil, demon, half demon, etc).
They also will solve half races problem. If you have a half demon, half angel, you just give this character both traits.

We actually could use the race field to separate for example elves from half elves during events checks. But make them more unique is easier with traits, since you don't want mixed races.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2777 on: June 19, 2014, 05:23:44 AM »
Since json does not support commentaries, I'll separate traits into several files to make navigation easier.

Offline NEXEON

« Reply #2778 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:08 AM »
is there a function to buy in bulk from the shop ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2779 on: June 20, 2014, 05:00:10 AM »
is there a function to buy in bulk from the shop ?

There are blue buttons that can change a quantity of items you sell/buy. Other than that, no.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2780 on: June 20, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
Either you should explain it to me, or something is not right in the code.
What is the difference between bar_task(self) and club_task(self)? They use very similar code AND no matter what I change there it has no effect whatsoever on service girls income.
It wasn't like that with other jobs, they were coded much clearer  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2781 on: June 20, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
Either you should explain it to me, or something is not right in the code.
What is the difference between bar_task(self) and club_task(self)? They use very similar code AND no matter what I change there it has no effect whatsoever on service girls income.
It wasn't like that with other jobs, they were coded much clearer  :D

They are very similar in a sense of their relationship to one another and they're very different from other jobs, yes. I didn't want all jobs to be linear as in other games.

Bar = Bar
Club = Club

Different upgrades (3 tears for each). Otherwise Club gets more clients from striptease job as well as brings in more money. You can leave those jobs for a while. if they mess the game up, I'll take care of them myself. I've explain in great detail two times already how they're working and if that didn't help, third time isn't going to make a difference. We can always take a simpler way, like other game and keep sh!t linear making it easier to balance but I am not going to recode them now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2782 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:45 PM »
I know the theory. I don't understand the code. I just multiplied both clubfees and barfees by 10000 for testing and it didn't change anything in the report. At all.
With other jobs it was clear what to change to have different income/wage, but not here. Maybe you have some kind of normalization there?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:23:30 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2783 on: June 20, 2014, 12:22:21 PM »
I know the theory. I don't understand the code. I just multiplied both clubfees and barfees by 10000 for testing and it didn't change anything in the report. At all.
With other jobs it was clear what to change to have different income/wage, but not here.

???

They should have went up by 10000 times... what did you do exactly?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2784 on: June 20, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »
clubfees = int((clientsserved * 0.6) * self.APr * int(self.girl.agility * 0.2 + self.girl.charisma * 0.2 + self.girl.service * 0.2))*10000
barfees = int((clientsserved * 0.5) * self.APr * int(self.girl.refinement * 0.1 + self.girl.charisma * 0.1 + self.girl.service * 0.25))*10000

My usual testing to determine the right formula  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2785 on: June 20, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
clubfees = int((clientsserved * 0.6) * self.APr * int(self.girl.agility * 0.2 + self.girl.charisma * 0.2 + self.girl.service * 0.2))*10000
barfees = int((clientsserved * 0.5) * self.APr * int(self.girl.refinement * 0.1 + self.girl.charisma * 0.1 + self.girl.service * 0.25))*10000

My usual testing to determine the right formula  :)

I've updated the code, formulas should no longer look like that!

Are you sure that you're not working with NDServiceJob(NDAction) class. Those are not the once used by the game, I told you that and it's in game's comments.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2786 on: June 20, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »
Ah, that explains it. I thought you deleted the old code completly, so I blindly used searching option to find def bar_task(self) string, and the first one is the old one. My bad  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2787 on: June 20, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »
Ah, that explains it. I thought you deleted the old code completly, so I blindly used searching option to find def bar_task(self) string, and the first one is the old one. My bad  :)

Yeah, I intended to but there is some decent conceptual code there as well, we'll never use those classes but we may switch to that blueprint at some very late point in the development.

I've been slacking off and talking to a writer who might do some writing for us (already did a very good bit). I'll try to finish the realtor today and put some good time into the project tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2788 on: June 21, 2014, 06:13:04 AM »
Pushed another balance update, economics should be fine for now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2789 on: June 21, 2014, 07:13:06 AM »
Pushed another balance update, economics should be fine for now.

Seems waaay too low. A good club girl would make like 8 Gold off a single customer, it's not very realistic and I have doubts that it'd pay for the 3 - 4 strippers/4 -5 service girls and 3 - 4 guards that would be required for a decent strip club operation. Normal brothel would be perfectly safe being guarded by one good warrior girl, even a large one. You could use two max. Club/Bar events can result in a brawl that is likely to require a team.

Also 8 gold per customer... it should be (a lot) more. Maybe we can work in more variables! Like quality of clients are based almost entirely on brothels reputation (0 - 1000 with delimiters per brothel). If we use that (self.brothel.rep*0.01*clientsserved) and add that to your formula, we can ensure that higher level of clientele will leave a lot more cash behind...

Another thing to consider here is that a proper club operation is a thing of the late-game... there is no reason for it to bring in such an insignificant sums.
==============================
I am starting with the realtor now and want stop until it's working. Tonight I want to do something else (maybe Fighter Guild prototype (which will prolly mean more work for you :D)).
Like what we're doing?