devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821689 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2850 on: June 26, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
Dammit, stop ignoring my question about multiple MC houses  :D

Pushed new traits files and race json.

Traits files are correct from the viewpoint of pure syntax, but we'll never know for sure until the game will load them. Some of them have better names, so expect errors anyway  :)
I consider this version of traits sufficient at least for beta (except possible errors), unless we'll add some really innovative systems, like clonning or relationships between girls.

Races json contains base races that will be used as hidden from players identifiers for all characters to determine their world outlook, habitats and probably more in the future, maybe even including effects. I also added there some bonuses/penalties for all races that should be fully implemented at any level. While we can live without it until full beta, it won't hurt to use them even now to diversify girls more.

Those races already could be used in exploration json, for example Elf rgirls should be in the forest mostly. I guess there should be a chance to find some specific race though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2851 on: June 26, 2014, 01:03:57 PM »
Dammit, stop ignoring my question about multiple MC houses  :D

Yes, but there is no point in that right now.

============================================
I'll take a look at the files when I get a chance. I am going to try and rig girls profile and equipment so they could be accessed from the guild... also I think we might need service girl/s and guards so I need to arrange for more rooms as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2852 on: June 26, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
Right.. worked well into the night again but I think that I worked around Ren'Pys Drag/Drop bugs and got the girls sorting/team assigning logic just perfect (And new interface is a lot of fun).

Going to get some sleep, tomorrow I'll start with exploration interface, logic and maybe the frog event as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline gyzbug

« Reply #2853 on: June 26, 2014, 09:04:54 PM »
Instead of other homes could you add a second set of options for upgrades to the brothels for the main characters room even maybe a bathing area for the girls.  Also make-up gets to be a hard thing to keep up with over alot of girls, would it be possible to add cosmetic slots to the inventory screen to equip makeup, perfume, and maybe add a body care slot for lotions, bath oil, hair care sutff.  These would act like normal equipment items and give thier full bonus when equiped but have a gold upkeep modifier to account for replacing used items in the kits.
I just jumped into the deep end and didn't code how to swim first.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2854 on: June 27, 2014, 01:25:51 AM »
Instead of other homes could you add a second set of options for upgrades to the brothels for the main characters room even maybe a bathing area for the girls.  Also make-up gets to be a hard thing to keep up with over alot of girls, would it be possible to add cosmetic slots to the inventory screen to equip makeup, perfume, and maybe add a body care slot for lotions, bath oil, hair care sutff.  These would act like normal equipment items and give thier full bonus when equiped but have a gold upkeep modifier to account for replacing used items in the kits.

Noted, I'll add this to the TODO list and see what can be done on the next Brothel overview.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Draonir

« Reply #2855 on: June 27, 2014, 11:50:34 AM »
Hi there,

if you think about adventures that tooks some days for the MC. Maybe you could appoint one of the free girls to be the Brothel Madame who is in charge of the Brothels.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2856 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
Hi there,

if you think about adventures that tooks some days for the MC. Maybe you could appoint one of the free girls to be the Brothel Madame who is in charge of the Brothels.

Yeah, I know, that's planned for the future, we will have matrons with bonuses.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2857 on: June 27, 2014, 05:58:08 PM »
SF Updated:

- Added sound for Arena Bonus Roll
- Added 400 code/text lines long Frog Princess event (written by Klaus and scripted by me) (new event = yey)
- The above event will start under different conditions in the dev mode
- Fixed Dark's track that replaced "Good Luck" playing over the mainscreen music track
- Fixed 3 Errors in the events code and added a much needed kill_event method
- Fixed two error in start battle function
- Fixed a stupid problem with Game Over screen (game to light as the frog kills ya :D)

================
Phew... this took a lot out of me, I'll see if I can put a couple of hours into the FG tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2858 on: June 28, 2014, 05:17:17 AM »
Pushed new income, now it depends on brothel's rep, so even a bad waitress will have more or less good income in a well known establishment.
Also changed traits names everywhere according to the newest traits jsons. Now we just need to load them into the game  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2859 on: June 28, 2014, 06:36:56 AM »
Now we just need to load them into the game  :)

It's done, very nice job on the files by the way, I usually spend hours fixing mistakes and syntax errors, this time it was just one small error calling upkeep upleep.

Girls files obviously need an update (I don't think that it's worth migrating to Json since it'd be too much work rewriting the files... same was prolly true for the traits):

Code: [Select]
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Characters
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: hino_rei!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Old Scars for girl: katsuragi_misato!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Izayoi_Sakuya!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: Kurenai_Yuhi!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Kochiya_Sanae!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: T-elos!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Egocentric for girl: Menace!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Egocentric for girl: Cloche_Leythal!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: Cloche_Leythal!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Puffy Nipples for girl: Minako_Arisato!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: Mei_Terumi!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Mature for girl: meiou_setsuna!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Egocentric for girl: Angela!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Shizune!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: Rise_Kujikawa!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Asuna!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Egocentric for girl: Nanael!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Mature for girl: Riesz!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: Mitsuru_Kirijo!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Mature for girl: Tear_Grants!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Puffy Nipples for girl: Kushina_Uzumaki!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Kushina_Uzumaki!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Mature for girl: Samui!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Puffy Nipples for girl: Samui!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Puffy Nipples for girl: Yukari_Takeba!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: horaki_hikari!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Mature for girl: Cheria_Barnes!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Ino_Yamanaka!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Old Scars for girl: Anko_Mitarashi!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Sexy Air for girl: Temari!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Cool Scars for girl: Karin!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Hyperactive for girl: Kula_Diamond!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Mature for girl: shoukaku!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Puffy Nipples for girl: Melona!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Sexy Air for girl: Melona!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Unknown trait: Charismatic for girl: Tsunade!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha It took 0.315999984741 secs to execute!

Code: [Select]
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Generating Random girls
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Cool Scars for random girl with id: Dark_Elf is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Charismatic for random girl with id: Adventurer is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Egocentric for random girl with id: Angel is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Puffy Nipples for random girl with id: Priest is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Puffy Nipples for random girl with id: Priest is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Cool Scars for random girl with id: Soldier is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Charismatic for random girl with id: Adventurer is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Egocentric for random girl with id: Angel is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Charismatic for random girl with id: Noble_Elf is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Hyperactive for random girl with id: Adventurer is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Puffy Nipples for random girl with id: Leafa is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Cool Scars for random girl with id: Dark_Elf is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Charismatic for random girl with id: Noble_Elf is not a valid trait for this game!
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Trait: Puffy Nipples for random girl with id: Leafa is not a valid trait for this game!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha It took 0.286000013351 secs to execute!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2860 on: June 28, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »
I have updated girls files in my version, but it seems that they are not under version control...
Updated girls files in my db, also there is Cherry folder near with updated xmls for his packs if you need them.

I'd say we have to redone girls files anyway at some point after we will add level field, because everyone cannot be lvl 1 form the viewpoint of lore, and to add race and base race too. So we might as well convert them along the way.

More importantly, traits are not as chaotic now as they used to be.

Edit: forgot about some removed traits in the code, another push. Hopefully, no more loose ends.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:18:47 PM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2861 on: June 28, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »

I don't mind converting girls files either.
@ CW:
You've been very quite lately?
I had too much RL stuff so I did nothing for the game... I should have time again after one week from now, I hope...

Offline gyzbug

« Reply #2862 on: June 29, 2014, 04:22:14 AM »
Not sure if it was brought up yet or not, but my service girls and strippers are getting close to 250 customers per action causing tons of dirt to build up for each action, this reaches around 1000 per action.  Seems dirt is per customer and not event, matbe have strippers generate dirt based of happy customers and service not at all since cleaning is something they are supposed to do while they work.  It can get costly quickly calling in the cleaning crews after every action they work.
I just jumped into the deep end and didn't code how to swim first.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2863 on: June 29, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »
I don't mind converting girls files either.I had too much RL stuff so I did nothing for the game... I should have time again after one week from now, I hope...

Yeah, I need to deal with some rl crap as well... good to know that you'd be getting back in soon.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2864 on: June 29, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »
Not sure if it was brought up yet or not, but my service girls and strippers are getting close to 250 customers per action causing tons of dirt to build up for each action, this reaches around 1000 per action.  Seems dirt is per customer and not event, matbe have strippers generate dirt based of happy customers and service not at all since cleaning is something they are supposed to do while they work.  It can get costly quickly calling in the cleaning crews after every action they work.

Yeah, I'll take a look at that, there should be a max there.
Like what we're doing?