Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821920 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2880 on: July 10, 2014, 05:50:24 AM »
Yup, unless stated otherwise in girl's data file or by scripted events. Like when you saved someone from bandits or for example forced a girl to work for you somehow.

This is obvious  :)
I was talking in general.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2881 on: July 10, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »
@ Klaus:

- You're right, we should obscure disposition with words vs stat ranges, especially since it's a locked stat.
- It shouldn't have such a direct effect on jobs as you suggest for reasons CW suggested.

@ CW:

- I don't really have anything to add to your post, it's how it works and how it's supposed to work.

@ Dark:

- JSON looks solid. I am not sure if it's worth converting the whole thing to JSON...

@ Klaus (Post 2):

- Disposition is not a dead stat, it is used in:

* Girls joining your service
* Girls leaving it
* Slave girls trying to/committing suicide
* Changing girls occupation
* Agreeing to interact with MC
* Being modified and effecting joy during the jobs/next day
* Some bonuses during the next day
* It can be used in all manners of events
* prolly more

==========================================
It's already a powerful stat... it'll be even more powerful in the future. I don't think it's usefulness is a problem, we need to put a muzzle on girlsmeets and interactions in order to move forward with those concepts and the game in general.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2882 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
I'll have to rework every single item. Might as well convert them.

Btw where should I look for stats min/max values in the code since I keep forgetting them? I guess it's somewhere in the classes - characters, but I cannot find it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2883 on: July 10, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
I'll have to rework every single item. Might as well convert them.

Btw where should I look for stats min/max values in the code since I keep forgetting them? I guess it's somewhere in the classes - characters, but I cannot find it.

Code: [Select]
            ### Stats:
            stats = {
                'charisma': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'refinement': [0, 0, 55, 35],
                'libido': [0, 0, 100, 100],
                'constitution': [0, 0, 60, 40],
                'joy': [0, 0, 100, 100],
                'character': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'reputation': [0, 0, 100, 100],
                'health': [100, 0, 100, 200],
                'fame': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'mood': [0, 0, 1000, 1000],
                'disposition': [0, -1000, 1000, 1000],
                'fatigue': [0, 0, 300, 300],
                'intelligence': [0, 0, 100, 60],

'luck': [0, -50, 50, 50],

'attack': [0, 0, 60, 40],
                'magic': [0, 0, 40, 30],
                'defence': [0, 0, 50, 40],
                'agility': [0, 0, 35, 25],
                'mp': [0, 0, 40, 30],

'service': [0, 0, 100, 60],

'anal': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'normalsex': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'blowjob': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'lesbian': [0, 0, 100, 60],
                'strip': [0, 0, 100, 60]
            }

In Girl class, look under def __init__ (Python constructor method). This is the order: [stat, min, max, lvl_max] (Commented in stats class).

Basically, we create a dictionary of stat names as keys and a list of integers as values. Using that list we instantiate a stats object from Stats class that handles everything.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2884 on: July 11, 2014, 03:58:37 AM »
Wait a sec, so we don't have any hardcoded absolute maxes? I mean, at least disposition probably could use it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2885 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:34 AM »
Wait a sec, so we don't have any hardcoded absolute maxes? I mean, at least disposition probably could use it.

-1000, 1000. There are no absolute maxes, only stats that are excluded from being modified with levels like disposition, luck, joy, etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2886 on: July 11, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »
Btw, for now many powerful items can be found in "Forest" only, basically a placeholder for alpha, so they were not tested by players, except those few who were able to win a thing or two at arena.
There shouldn't be any major errors, but you never know. We have to make sure that all items will be available in the next public version, probably with the help of your basic exploration system.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2887 on: July 11, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
Btw, for now many powerful items can be found in "Forest" only, basically a placeholder for alpha, so they were not tested by players, except those few who were able to win a thing or two at arena.
There shouldn't be any major errors, but you never know. We have to make sure that all items will be available in the next public version, probably with the help of your basic exploration system.

I'll try to put in some time into exploration tomorrow morning, I have it more or less mapped out in my head. The idea is to write base code and balance/enrich it later with a team.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2888 on: July 12, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »

I've did a bit of coding for the SE (Simulated exploration) module. While converting items see if you can change "Forest" location to "Exploration" so they're available at all explorable locations. Also add that to any items that you believe to be a decent bet for the exploration module (remember that it can be absolutely anything as the story line goes).

Edit: To clarify the above, any item can be set to any amount of locations so if you think items belong in multiple locs, make it so.

I'll push whatever I can get done tonight, there is however no chance that I get it to even a semi-working state (loads of stuff needs to be adjusted everywhere) :(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:39:34 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #2889 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:14 AM »
Hey Xela,

I only wanted to ask you: When do you think we can expect a new update? =)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2890 on: July 13, 2014, 07:54:26 AM »
Hey Xela,

I only wanted to ask you: When do you think we can expect a new update? =)

Hopefully in about a month, depends on how much time we can put into this. Current build is perfectly playable but the only real changes made were to the balancing and improving interface + 1 event so it's prolly not worth releasing before the SE module...
Like what we're doing?

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #2891 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »
ok .... thanks for the really fast answer =) ... oh ... and keep up this great work you were doin till now

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2892 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »
I have some decent ideas for conversations, since just converting items all the time is boring  :)

I found our lines in pyt-labels-girlsmeets, but I need some explanations.

First of all, refuse lines. What is the difference between "if ct" part and "if "X" in chr.traits"? They seem to have the same purpose, yet they use different syntax.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2893 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
I'm trying to revise interactions now and I'm seriously thinking about reducing the girlmeets a lot by striping it off most of the options and do the whole thing a bit differently. And part of that would be rewriting the whole file anew, cause it's a total mess right now.

...but lining up out even the first concept to share thoughts with you is giving me headaches...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:56:38 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2894 on: July 14, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »
Oki, I'll refrain from modifying the current file then and focus on items for now. I noticed that we don't have lines for all existing traits while I have some ideas for them, but in this case it might be pointless if you will remove whole sections.