Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821701 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3135 on: August 07, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »
Those options sound fun, but there should be a catch in the dark side, there always is.
Especially since all those items are quite cheap, while an angel most likely will demand a huge sum.

Dark side; the warning on the label that is always written in small print: “Side effect from our service: feeling hunger for flesh (zombified), getting your body possessed by demons, lost of memories (some stat/exp drop), increased lust, random changes in personality (trait change).
Light: yeah it should be expensive. Maybe percentage of a two weeks income for the MC, or some multiplayer based on the girls lvl/stats.

It's too early for light/dark sides.

We are just discussing potential revival options.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3136 on: August 07, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
Right, a button "resurrect all for free" in MC profile  ::)

Joking aside, a sum of money depending on characters stats may be all that we need.

Didn't have internet at work almost all day, so I killed time by creating loot items, including alchemy reagents.

Ok, test the inventory/items/equipment system when you get the chance, we don't have any beta-testers anymore and changes to code are massive, there should be errors/mistakes.

*Raincheck on dev tonight, I am too tired :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:33:36 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3137 on: August 07, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
Hmm.. might only be me or intended but the code to display the buy button in tailor shop got removed.. and the new code for brothel upgrades does not work.. i mean when i click yes or no, no upgrades are added.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3138 on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »
Hmm.. might only be me or intended but the code to display the buy button in tailor shop got removed.. and the new code for brothel upgrades does not work.. i mean when i click yes or no, no upgrades are added.
Added that button back... seems that it was missing for few days, thanks for noticing.

Dunno about the brothel upgrades, I failed to find anything suspicious in changes to that screen with my limited knowledge, so I suggest to wait for Xela there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:00:51 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3139 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:59 PM »

Thanks for the reports, obviously both are bugs.

Dunno about the brothel upgrades, I failed to find anything suspicious in changes to that screen with my limited knowledge, so I suggest to wait for Xela there.

Took me some time to figure it out, yes/no screen was called with renpy.call_screen not renpy.show_screen so it returns not to ui.interact but to reserved _return variable.

Basically a much better code could be written for that screen (it's ancient) but since it is working and "finished"...

Both of you missed a missing button in the cafe btw  ::)
============================
SF Updated:
- Code refactoring (massive for StripJob, it computes 5 times faster now with no functionality removed at all, other places as well)
- Fixed an error in beggar event
- Updated Timer class
- Added profiling to Next Day
- Fixed buying updates bug in brothels
- Updated Event Manager classes to better/faster code
- Updated buy/sell buttons in shops
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3140 on: August 08, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »
Possible candidate for a citymap proposed by CW some time ago:

Any thoughts?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3141 on: August 08, 2014, 02:12:11 AM »
Joking aside, a sum of money depending on characters stats may be all that we need.
Reminds me of that movie where money in the future were replaced by time of life, so rich people could live forever while poor ones could barely live at all  ::)

Possible candidate for a citymap proposed by CW some time ago:
Seems more cartoonish than our current map. And too light and peaceful as well. While our city is not nearly as dark as in Valet, it still has slaves and slaves riots, dying clones, arena, anomalous zones around it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:55:58 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3142 on: August 08, 2014, 04:47:14 AM »
If not too hard to code.. that other city screen could be a choice for ppl who got bored with the dark theme but i argee... might be too bright.. or you could make city background change with MC choice doing evil things will bring dark theme or good things light theme.. but would need neutral theme then.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3143 on: August 08, 2014, 05:51:42 AM »
If you guys are missing something important on the city screen (don't care on which one) I can try to draw that in. I can't create a whole new districts for sure, but changing colors or squeezing one or two more building in may be possible.

For example, in that bright city from Bravely Default, I think arena could fit into that southwest corner instead of that strange rock.
Or in our first darker city, the whole mountain background can be just cut out and replaced with something more warm, so the beach will not look so out of place anymore.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:10:01 AM by CherryWood »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3144 on: August 08, 2014, 06:02:41 AM »
hmm.. on MC screen after clicking equipment.. the item.. where s the button to equip it ? :p

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3145 on: August 08, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
hmm.. on MC screen after clicking equipment.. the item.. where s the button to equip it ? :p

Button's been disappearing all over the place... did someone curse the game?

If you have a mouse with a wheel, you can click on that until we restore it. There is a lot of these helpers with interface these days like mousewheel will work at a lot of places for paging (inventories, girllist, next day), in girlslist location/job have been turned into smart buttons so you never have to visit the job-assign screen ever again and so on. We also have some keybinds but that's stated somewhere in the old release thread I think.

Edit: Both were broken, just released a quick-fix.

If you guys are missing something important on the city screen (don't care on which one) I can try to draw that in. I can't create a whole new districts for sure, but changing colors or squeezing one or two more building in may be possible.

Not yet but we may in the future. Noone is working at adding locations atm.

For example, in that bright city from Bravely Default, I think arena could fit into that southwest corner instead of that strange rock.
Or in our first darker city, the whole mountain background can be just cut out and replaced with something more warm, so the beach will not look so out of place anymore.

It's pretty hard to imagine what that would look like. Those mountains are pretty too.

It wouldn't be too hard to allow users picking the map but we need some consistency in the game as well. Maybe we can do a poll or something or someone can come up with yet another option. I am going to keep the files for both for now, lets go with the bright one for a week and if that bugs us too much, revert back to the old map (I kinda prefer the old one as well, it just bugs me that it's a bit too dark).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:35:02 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3146 on: August 08, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
It's pretty hard to imagine what that would look like. Those mountains are pretty too.

It wouldn't be too hard to allow users picking the map but we need some consistency in the game as well. Maybe we can do a poll or something or someone can come up with yet another option. I am going to keep the files for both for now, lets go with the bright one for a week and if that bugs us too much, revert back to the old map (I kinda prefer the old one as well, it just bugs me that it's a bit too dark).

Another stupid/bright idea by yours truly…
Make them both PyTFall but split in time. The bright could be the beginning stage, let’s say year 10-20 after establishing the city, and the current dark city would be year 100-120 after PyTFall grew bigger. The transition period could be a prolog (or a tutorial stage) about the MC Father/Grandpa and a chain quest that would lead to some disaster that changes the surrounding (spell went wrong, bloody rebellion suppressed with magic, demon attack or some other shit hit the fan).

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3147 on: August 08, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »
May I ask what each of those numbers in fg json mean?

"mobs": {"Orc": [10, [2, 0.5, 6]], "Earth Elemental": [8, [1.5, 0.5, 6]], "Goblin Archer": [60, [3, 0.5, 10]]},
"unlocks": {"Cursed Forest lvl-1": 30},

Also, there doesn't seem to be a maximum/minimum number of mobs in group, may I ask for it? I would like for some monsters to always appear solo...

And:
Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 12, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 122, in <module>
    i.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - locations.rpy", line 317, in next_day
    self.finish_exploring()
  File "game/library/classes - locations.rpy", line 341, in finish_exploring
    for key in area.unlocks.keys():
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'keys'
This happen when I go exploring to any second location (like forest 1-1)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:30:56 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3148 on: August 08, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »
May I ask what each of those numbers in fg json mean?

"mobs": {"Orc": [10, [2, 0.5, 6]], "Earth Elemental": [8, [1.5, 0.5, 6]], "Goblin Archer": [60, [3, 0.5, 10]]},
"unlocks": {"Cursed Forest lvl-1": 30},

Also, there doesn't seem to be a maximum/minimum number of mobs in group, may I ask for it? I would like for some monsters to always appear solo...

Good questions!

"Name Of the MOB": ["Chance to encounter": ["Initial Multiplier", "Per extra day multiplier", "Maximum multiplier"]]
"Name Of the Area": "Initial chance to unlock"

About the maximum number, it would be a bit tricky to recode but possible, yes. Simply add one more condition:

"Name Of the MOB": ["Chance to encounter": ["Initial Multiplier", "Per extra day multiplier", "Maximum multiplier"], "Maximum size of a team if one of this mobs is present"]

So:
"Orc": [10, [2, 0.5, 6], 1]

it would look like this. Also note that all areas should have the same structure so if you add it to one, add it to all others (3 is the default). We can expand this system for quite a while I expect :)

Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 12, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 122, in <module>
    i.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - locations.rpy", line 317, in next_day
    self.finish_exploring()
  File "game/library/classes - locations.rpy", line 341, in finish_exploring
    for key in area.unlocks.keys():
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'keys'
This happen when I go exploring to any second location (like forest 1-1)

I'll take a look this weekend, my mistake probably because unlocks is clearly a dict by default.
Like what we're doing?

Offline hulkster27

« Reply #3149 on: August 09, 2014, 03:08:17 AM »
Hi,

When are we getting the next update?  :(