devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821626 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3225 on: August 11, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
I'll read into ST later :)

Been testing Ren'Py 6.18 prerelease. Still buggy as hell but there are some excellent improvement to screen language (in fact they are calling it Screen Language 2) that should speed things up significantly (not that it was slow in the first place).

There is also a lot of other cool stuff like auto-voicing of the entire game! It's funny as hell when a girls voice say: Poke the frog with a stick during the frog event :D Pronunciation/exclamation are very good as well, not like those ancient robotic voices...

Once they kill the massive amount of bugs, it should be excellent!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3226 on: August 11, 2014, 09:31:09 AM »
they could use pics you know from other random ones or worse know chars ( iv seen that with elves a lot )
Just so you know, all those known characters have so few pics that it's impossible to make a separate pack for them, yet it would be a waste to not use them at all. I don't care about it much, I have powerful enough imagination  :)

I wanted to ask you, what do you think about limiting the number of profile pics for random girls? One of the wm versions locked a randomly chosen profile image for each rgirl at their creations, while still using a full range of h-pics for each of them. It helped a bit to create the feeling that they are not the same girl...
The main problem here is the difference between random packs origin. While elven packs based on random elven pics I found everywhere, others (like winXP androids) based on actually existing characters that don't have a personality. Would be strange to limit them, don't you think?

Either way, like I said, I have powerful enough imagination to ignore it, so I don't care about it as long as it could be turned on/off in config, so that I could turn it off  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3227 on: August 11, 2014, 09:38:07 AM »
LoL

"Fuck this, I am going home!"

during the frog event is voiced as well :D:D:D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Waldus

« Reply #3228 on: August 11, 2014, 11:34:10 AM »
Is there a still a torrent for this?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3229 on: August 11, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »
LoL

"Fuck this, I am going home!"

during the frog event is voiced as well :D :D:D

Looks like you are having fun  :P

I’m (finally) finishing the alignments, just doing some corrections.
 quick questions:
 qq1: throw in the resurrections into the light and dark info or skip them for now?
 qq2: does the WIND alignment/element also contains lighting base spells?
 qq3: add descriptions of peoples characters to the descriptions, (hothead for FIRE, silent and strong type for EARTH), or skip this?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3230 on: August 11, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
qq1: throw in the resurrections into the light and dark info or skip them for now?
 qq2: does the WIND alignment/element also contains lighting base spells?
 qq3: add descriptions of peoples characters to the descriptions, (hothead for FIRE, silent and strong type for EARTH), or skip this?
Nope, yeap, nope  :)

- Nothing is ready for resurrection. And I am still inclined to god of time or something like that. Because that's probably the only intelligible way to resurrect any possible character.
- Yup. They are the same element in Golden Sun for example, I always liked that concept. And we don't really want too many elements.
- Nope. They are random for random girls, thus descriptions will not match reality. Also, in case of Naruto for example elements don't have such a thing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3231 on: August 11, 2014, 03:27:52 PM »
Is there a still a torrent for this?

There is a link in the Alpha release thread, I am not sure if it is still working...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3232 on: August 11, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
@Slavetraining:

I don't think character should increase on daily basis. Maybe on refusals./events.

Otherwise, it could work.

- You don't want to use flags in this?
- We could use some general formula determining the total resistance and check against that.
- There should be some combination of stats/traits that will prevent girls from accepting slavery all together (unless items + magic?)
- Process should scale to automation, maybe in simplified form.
- Assistant we should simply call trainers. Should always be a free girl I think.
- Some relevant updates to the training guild?
*There should be escape/suicide mechanic as well.
=========================================

@Ren'Py 6.18:
Looks very promising, it will prolly take a while to kill all bugs but this will an epic release. I don't recall this many changes in any of the versions since I've started working with it. Some screens are MUCH more fluent with it. Next day screen transition is almost unrecognizable...

Anyway, I didn't get much done except testing the hell out of .18 and I am falling asleep. Going to take a look at proposed tagging concept and call it a day.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3233 on: August 11, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
I don't think character should increase on daily basis. Maybe on refusals./events.

Sure i just wanted wanted something to spice to dificulty if you didnt take care of the girl daily ( but if girls has some traits ex: strong will maybe for that type of girl we could ad the daily char regen ) would make that type more unique to break but it up to dev team to decide

- You don't want to use flags in this?
- We could use some general formula determining the total resistance and check against that.
- Process should scale to automation, maybe in simplified form.
- Assistant we should simply call trainers. Should always be a free girl I think.
- Some relevant updates to the training guild?

Im up for all the modifications you think that would work best after all its a base of ST Concept that need lots of refining but has to start at some point

*There should be escape/suicide mechanic as well.

yes i think so too i was planning to base that on her mood factor but decided to not suggest mood right away so i forgot about escape/suicide in that concept

- There should be some combination of stats/traits that will prevent girls from accepting slavery all together (unless items + magic?)
if she refuse a obedience training because her obedience isnt high enough or tait goes against it or her arch type goes against it she should be punished else her char could increase by x.. punishing her could increase her obed by x

well that was the idea.. combining her actual obedience witch could be 0 or X then refusal trait check then archetype trait check ( need dark to explain them in detail .. maybe tsundere would go against training.. i really dunno lol )

as for items i proposed some with char resist reduction in % that would help break the char/trait/type of girl for breaking training and obedience increase in % to make obedience training go faster and specific stat/job % gain for last training part.. didnt type the name of some of those items but did explain what they should generaly do
also drugs you could give her to either reduce her char resist in % or increase obed but could break her if abused or she could become addicted then gain temporary trait addiction that would give a big penalty to her vit resist ( with would mean her vit while training will drop mutch faster )

wasnt thinking about magic but sure we already have that trainer option in game right ?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:18:03 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3234 on: August 11, 2014, 06:59:51 PM »
wasnt thinking about magic but sure we already have that trainer option in game right ?

Yeap. Suicides/runaways should be flag based I think.

The concept is going well so far :)

Feel free to start a new thread btw, reserving a few front posts for writing all the concrete stuff out.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3235 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:10 PM »
Omg.. just checked forum on a upper lvl and found out there was a Pytfall: game design -> Slave training (ST) concept thread lol

well its the first ever forum where i posted and wanst even thinking of checking for updates on other topics/threads

i didnt even read any of the stuff there to base my concept on.. and there are many useful idea there i should iv added in my concept.. maybe too many to get clear picture on where to start..

after a few post here you comments oriented me to a concept using the minimum actual game change adding only 1 stat ( obedience ) and possible ( job traits for service ) then make the rest that was in game usefull..

where should i post in the future ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3236 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:43 PM »
where should i post in the future ?

Start a new thread, I'll archive that one. I believe it all ended with CW saying that he doesn't like salves in the game and we just refocused on other stuff.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3237 on: August 12, 2014, 01:41:16 AM »
Compiling a ST concept covering more detailed information atm.. unlike the less than 30min brainstorm previous 1

i have a question related to refinement.. is it the opposite of corruption stat or could refinement if on the -xxx stat flips to +xxx corruption stat ? ( just renaming skill ) like a dark version to the stat or dont use minus just positive values like under 0 refinement it becomes positives corruption

It could be usefull for ST since slaves in general compared to free girls shoulnd use refinement so mutch if any.. and the slave training should remove any trace of it or even go into minus refinement or positive corruption ( this would separate slaves from free girls for the whore job(s) in current system but might not be a bad idea )

also about joy.. woulnd slaves use opposite like fear/terror or turn it into obedience.. i mean their slaves the do what you ask of em and comply depending of their training.. should joy remain as stat ?

well now comes the rationality issue.. what would make slave run or suicide.. i would say mood factor.. well after reviewing old huntsman code.. it could be adapted to pytfall but would take time so better use joy as mood parameter even for slaves
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:47:24 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3238 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:56 AM »
------------------------------------------Stats related-------------------------------------------------------------

Health: ( defines how much physical punishment the slave could take )

- will lose temporarily resist if : over use of drugs ( addiction temp trait ) underfed ( starving temp trait ) physical dmg ( abused/with scar/bruised temp traits )
     - may lose permanently portions of it if: enduring long periods of temp addiction/starving/abused/with scar/bruised
     - may be gained with: MC personal training, trainers, well fed or using special foods, good sleeping conditions, free time/self training

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her hp resistance gain to either training or job
       should regen daily for a certain amount ( bad traits like addiction/underfed/abuse/with scar/bruised could reduce that daily amount ) maybe penalty there is over kill need to test it
       consumable items or gear could help increase the vit resistance factor by x
       i dont know if this stat use con to grow up but it should if its not
       for ST part it should use x% of con stat so slave could take more punishment as her con goes up ( since con is the slave physical resist )
       could use bad sleeping conditions ( temp/perm trait ) but maybe overkill too add to much at start

Vitality: ( defines training energy of the slave )

- will lose temporarily resist if : over use of drugs ( addiction temp trait ) over trained using AP to train while not enough vit left ( exhausted temp trait )
                                                       physical dmg ( abused/with scar/bruised temp traits )
     - may lose permanently portions of it if: enduring long periods of temp addiction/exhausted/abused/with scar/bruised
     - may be gained with: MC personal training, trainers, well fed or using special foods, good sleeping conditions, free time/self training

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her vit resistance gain to either training or job
       should regen daily for a certain amount ( bad traits like addiction/underfed/abuse/with scar/bruised could reduce that daily amount ) maybe penalty there is over kill need to test it
       consumable items or gear could help increase the vit resistance factor by x
       x% of con stat adds vitality resistance so slave could take more training sessions as her con goes up ( since con is the slave physical resist )
       could use bad sleeping conditions ( temp/perm trait ) but maybe overkill too add to much at start

Charisma: ( defines slave beauty and some of her market value )

- may lose temporarily if : bruised or whipped from training/punishment ( would heal by itself over time bu it could go faster if MC/trainer use *healing item or has healing type trait
                                              ( needs to define self healing time period ) also need temporary traits to reduce cha like abused/bruised/with scars.. and ranks to indicate severity
     - may lose permanently portions of it if: over abused physically/bruised/punished within self healing period or on the highest temp related trait
                                                                    ( add permanent trait like overly abused to reduce cha .. could use different ranks with cha penalty )
     - may be gained with: MC personal training, trainers, slave in training jobs ( need to be accompanied else could run... well obedience should lower the run factor but it should
                                         always exist.. also could use specially trained staff for it ), free time/self training(speech gesture practice in front of a mirror)

*healing item should have a max number of uses / day.. or cause poisoning effect or woulnd heal more than a number of times if over used
       having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her charisma gain to either training or job
      non fully bruised/scared healed girls would lose some market values

Refinement: ( not sure slaves should use that ) sounds like morale or pride and if so could be broken to get another training result or turn in into corruption and gain stats in that

Character: ( defines how much mental resistance the slave has )

- may lose if: following rules, success in training event, punished while having sined, bad sleeping conditions ( for her current obedience )
     - may gain if: breaking rules, failed training event on either(break/obed/job/stat) punish her without reason, failed to punish her, too good sleeping conditions ( for her current obedience ), free time

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her char resistance gain to either training or job
       on breaking/obed training her sleeping condition should be reversed to teach her her place then on stat/trait she should use good sleeping condition for mood ( joy )
       may need the sin/virtue system to know if you can punish for good or bad effect
       consumable items or gear could help reduce the char resistance factor by x
       maybe mood ( or joy ) could affect that resistance aswell
       x% of char stat adds character resistance so slave would take less time to train as her char goes down ( since char is the slave mental resist )
       could use good sleeping conditions ( temp/perm trait ) but maybe overkill too add to much at start

Reputation: ( used to unlock certain slave city jobs/activity )

- may lose if: failed to meet minimum req of that kind of  job, ran in bad event, her luck didnt save the day, bad mood ( or joy stat )
     - may gain if: did meet min req of that kind of job, had a good event outcome, her luck did save the day, in good mood ( or joy stat )

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her reputation gain to either training or job
     ( need to be accompanied else could run... well obedience should lower the run factor but it should always exist.. also could use specially trained staff for it )
     could get bonus to success if dispo with MC is high enough and hes personally supervising her or penalty to success if her dispo is too low.. supervising guard types could have that effect aswell but will depend on their training

course ( job trait they earned from it )
     event success ( dice based or other factor used? )
     maybe luck could be a factor here to increase/decrease success rate ( to test if not too over kill )
     stats relevant for that kind of job could contribute to success/fail of that job
     mood could work as factor on success rate ( checking if she had impairing temp/perm impairing mood traits ) well or use joy system not sure yet

Constitution: ( defines how much physical resistance the slave has )

- may lose temporarily if : over use of drugs ( addiction temp trait ) over trained using AP to train while not enough vit left ( exhausted temp trait )
                                              physical dmg ( abused/with scar/bruised temp traits )
     - may lose permanently portions of it if: enduring long periods of temp addiction/exhausted/abused/with scar/bruised

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her con resistance gain to either training or job
      each x points in con will add resistance to the slave vitality/hp drop making her able to endure more punishment and more training

Joy: ( defines how much mental punishment the slave could take )

- may lose if: rules forbiding her to do.. x, harsh training or training going against her traits/arch type/current obediece lvl ( too low ), bad sleeping conditions
     - may gain if: climaxed in training or job, virtue rewarding ( good deeds, job/training results ), free time

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her joy gain to either training or job
     main problem is its stuck at 100 while hp could go up so need to scale down the effect on mental punishment compared to physical punishment
     if ill follow the con=>vit/hp system i used char could have a impact on joy stat drop resist.. but being low as it is at start im not gona use that unless revised.. possble reason why use moods as temp traits

Intelligence: ( defines how much experience the slave would gain training a skill )

- will lose xp modifier if: having a temp/perm trait like ( addiction/abuse/exhaustion )
     - may gain if: MC personal training, trainers, free time/self study

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her xp gain to either training or job
     mental abuse trait could be from harsh punishment giving the girl a concussion or passing out on over trained

Disposition: ( defines how much she like/hate the MC )

hmm possible gain if your reward her virtue ( aka performed well ) or talk options,free time,taking a walk with her ( chained or unchained depending or her obedience )
      no need to explain how to lose it...

having traits/arch types could either increase/decrease her love for MC
      i would say chained all the time as she could run at any time :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free time/self study should apply on the stat/job training part
not sure yet if hp/vit will use x% or x points of con same goes for char/char
the may lose permanently portions of it if: ... could total break the slave training process but i think its good to have that.. you want to over train your slave..fine but there is a penalty then..
looking at all that made me think about mood.. it could be based on temp/perm traits like ex: exhausted+other bad traits that would make her depressed then either run or suicide..

expanding each category right now but need to know if basic definition of skill is right for a slave then moving to next section
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:18:03 AM by lamoli »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3239 on: August 12, 2014, 06:09:06 AM »
Start a new thread, I'll archive that one. I believe it all ended with CW saying that he doesn't like salves in the game and we just refocused on other stuff.
lol, now I'm the bad one there  :D  But it is true I suppose... But I changed my mind a bit, I tried some less buggy version of Otherworld and I must say that I like that game (much more than SM3 as general concept goes).
I still not that fond of breaking slaves and explicit stuff, so don't expect much help from me there, but I at least like the part of training maids.  And governing the girls lives in general, as I'm a fan of princess maker and raising project games.

=================
a note for BE: I think we need some modifier value to the sprite size of mobs in the mobs.json. Some monsters are supposed to be bigger then others, so it would look better if their sprite is enlarged.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:28:31 AM by CherryWood »