Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821673 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3240 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:45 AM »
lol, now I'm the bad one there  :D  But it is true I suppose...

We got a lot of other stuff done!

- I do not like the bit where stats can be permanently and especially temporarily lost/gained (keeping track of new dicts). Seems like that's going to be a bit messy to work with.
- Some traits you mentioned should be counting flags (but that's details to be worked out in the future)
- Refinement should be a prerequisite for some clients (noblemen and etc.)
- Items should work just like they do in the rest of the game and shouldn't add new restrictions unless absolutely necessary.

*You've mentioned fear stat. I believe we should start using alignment stat for the MC at some point and use dark alignments as fear inducing factor. No need for that extra stat.
*You've mentioned mood stat. I've commented on that before, we have joy, mood might be an overkill.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3241 on: August 12, 2014, 06:40:32 AM »
Quickly returning to girlsmeets:
- shopping topic is not used currently, and I kinda dislike the idea of girls describing AE system to MC. What could we write here, something like "I like weapons and armor" for warriors for example? It seems way too straightforward.
I propose either remove it or add an option to invite her to go shopping, where you for example select a shop, and then she selects an item that she wants depending on our already existing AB and/or AE system, and MC could either pay for it, try to convince her to choose another item or refuse, with obvious consequences.
- another thing that is not used right now is romance topic. It should not be here anyway. I believe it should be only available for girls with friend status. Note that I don't propose to remove sex or kissing options, because, using AA terminology, lovers and sex friends are not the same thing.
- gifts should be a part of dating system, not meeting. Especially if we'll add shopping.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:55:53 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3242 on: August 12, 2014, 06:43:46 AM »
- I do not like the bit where stats can be permanently and especially temporarily lost/gained (keeping track of new dicts). Seems like that's going to be a bit messy to work with.

ok but how will you affect the vit/hp/char resist ( making it weaker because you over trained/drugged slave if not using temp traits )
as for perm ones you can just discard the idea if it its not gonna work ( could be useful on hard/extreme game mode but not gona be used now if ever i guess )

- Refinement should be a prerequisite for some clients (noblemen and etc.)

ok gona need to think on how to gain that lol unless you expect the slave not loosing refinement enduring all those dirty training sessions ( thats why i thought free girls could be more inclined to do the refinement part for nobleman's )

- Items should work just like they do in the rest of the game and shouldn't add new restrictions unless absolutely necessary.

did not add new items just referred to use the ones from main ST concept i previously posted changing -char STAT/MAX ( you said was buggy anyway ) into vit/hp resist increase and char resist decrease

*You've mentioned fear stat. I believe we should start using alignment stat for the MC at some point and use dark alignments as fear inducing factor. No need for that extra stat.

kk it was related to.. why use joy and not fear instead but i dont mind if its not used..

*You've mentioned mood stat. I've commented on that before, we have joy, mood might be an overkill.

yes i explained why in my last stat edit:

main problem is its stuck at 100 while hp could go up so need to scale down the effect on mental punishment compared to physical punishment
     if ill follow the con=>vit/hp system i used.. char could have a impact on joy stat drop resist.. but being low as it is at start im not gona use that unless revised.. possble reason why use moods as temp traits

edit: maybe use hidden flag instead of traits but it would remove the information to the player.. and might be bad in some cases
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:52:08 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3243 on: August 12, 2014, 07:02:54 AM »
ok i c your point.. wasnt clear on what would be temp lost.. i meant the resist so it would be easyer to reduce wasnt thinking removing stats points
but for charisma rep joy dispo its a stat removal the temp are for resists

did add con too but no point in reducing resist there con part was a mistake

well int woulnd reduce resist but xp gain
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:09:56 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3244 on: August 12, 2014, 07:13:52 AM »
Quickly returning to girlsmeets:
- shopping topic is not used currently, and I kinda dislike the idea of girls describing AE system to MC. What could we write here, something like "I like weapons and armor" for warriors for example? It seems way too straightforward.
I propose either remove it or add an option to invite her to go shopping, where you for example select a shop, and then she selects an item that she wants depending on our already existing AB and/or AE system, and MC could either pay for it, try to convince her to choose another item or refuse, with with obvious consequences.
- another thing that is not used right now is romance topic. It should not be here anyway. I believe it should be only available for girls with friend status. Note that I don't propose to remove sex or kissing options, because, using AA terminology, lovers and sex friends are not the same thing.
- gifts should be a part of dating system, not meeting. Especially if we'll add shopping.

So:
- *Remove/Expand shopping (system is currently designed with a premise that a girl buys the items herself, there is no option just choosing an item she likes) So my vote is for a removal until better times :).
- *Remove Romance (Can't we do something like "talk about love" from AA2 with generic replies?)
- *Gifts... Screw the dating system for now, it's too complex as you've said yourself to get it done properly and we don't need the items if we go with AA2 variant. I'd prefer gifts to stay as they are.

ok but how will you affect the vit/hp/char resist ( making it weaker because you over trained/drugged slave if not using temp traits )
as for perm ones you can just discard the idea if it its not gonna work ( could be useful on hard/extreme game mode but not gona be used now if ever i guess )

ok gona need to think on how to gain that lol unless you expect the slave not loosing refinement enduring all those dirty training sessions ( thats why i thought free girls could be more inclined to do the refinement part for nobleman's )

did not add new items just referred to use the ones from main ST concept i previously posted changing -char STAT/MAX ( you said was buggy anyway ) into vit/hp resist increase and char resist decrease

kk it was related to.. why use joy and not fear instead but i dont mind if its not used..

yes i explained why in my last stat edit:

main problem is its stuck at 100 while hp could go up so need to scale down the effect on mental punishment compared to physical punishment
     if ill follow the con=>vit/hp system i used.. char could have a impact on joy stat drop resist.. but being low as it is at start im not gona use that unless revised.. possble reason why use moods as temp traits

edit: maybe use hidden flag instead of traits but it would remove the information to the player.. and might be bad in some cases

I meant new logic for the ST, we can use already existing ones like items/traits obviously. Also... we don't really have addiction atm but it can be added as a trait with a new effect.

Rest is up too you.

If it came down to the usual general discussion of the main direction and coding/initial logic design by me, most of the ST would be flags based with a one or maybe two functions to calc the general agreement with trainings. Rest would be labels and grossly oversimplified functions for auto-training during the ND that isn't done by MC that mimics the duration/process of the actual training +/- 30% of duration to get the same thing done. The function would have been used for the effectiveness.

I'd obviously outsources as much logic to jsons/script as possible :)

PS: To make matters worse... ST responses need to scale to the interaction responses, it would be weird if a girl wouldn't want to feck your brains out in the guild but taken to a brothel, would not mind doing so under the normal interaction process. Maybe it would be worth looking into to create some form of generic response labels to be used for untrained slaves everywhere. These shitty concepts are hard, triple difficulty effect applies for a broad concept game such as PyTFall, this is one of the reasons I am constantly trying to dumb down your proposals... the harder you make them, the more difficult it will be to scale them with the rest of the game.
Possible option might be simply forbidding untrained slaves to interact with the gameworld until they're trained and get some form of registration from the authorities... would be a bit of a stretch, but this may help isolating system a bit and narrowing down interactions prerequisites.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3245 on: August 12, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »
Ok reedited post on page 216

as for resists drains.. those might not be needed for current ST development so wont push em into you but they could be helpfull on breaking a girl with 0 obedience/blocking traits/blocking arch type combined

thats where items/consumables that drops that character resist comes in

as for hp/vit resists increase.. its to make the training more real and use more ap over time while losing less and less hp/vit when con stat increase.. but if you have another working system in mind
ill be fine with it

and stats hp/vit resist drains is to give player penalty on training because he went too farr with the girl in some way ( over drugged ( could be game exploit that kills the ST system cuz too easy ) over punished ( also breaking exploit ) and so on ) i didnt say drop the con resist bonus on vit/hp to 0 ( that would insta kill the girl or make her tired after using 1 training session but maybe by 1/3 rd
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:36:29 AM by lamoli »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3246 on: August 12, 2014, 07:37:14 AM »
aaa to much happening at once, girlmeets, fighter guild, tag concept, slave concept, my head hurts  :D  but it's a really nice change from the lazy months before

And as it's not enough, I now remembered that I wanted to fix/rewrite some job reports and I didn't do that for unknown reason...

So I started with a blowjob fix pushed at least for now, will do the rest after some fg stuff. How is it possible that noone except me ever complained about blowjob pictures not being used by the game in whore job?

(I don't care if I had to do it again after tag revision - it actually gives me a good idea how the improvements to tags should look like)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:42:25 AM by CherryWood »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3247 on: August 12, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »
opps forgot to explain why i did use charisma temp drop with wounding traits..
its to limit abuse and to sell slave at market with different prices if not fully healed
choosed temp trait cuz it would vanish over time like self healing unless MC or trained use healing potion for bruises or scaring limited use also

but if you have a better easyer to code option its fine.. i just wanted the idea implemented
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:45:17 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3248 on: August 12, 2014, 07:42:28 AM »
So I started with a blowjob fix pushed at least for now, will do the rest after some fg stuff. How is it possible that noone except me ever complained about blowjob pictures not being used by the game in whore job?

I was aware of the problem and was certain I've fixed it after noticing it when testing crazy packs... There is a boogy man in the code deleting buttons and my fixes :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3249 on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:52 AM »
- *Remove/Expand shopping (system is currently designed with a premise that a girl buys the items herself, there is no option just choosing an item she likes) So my vote is for a removal until better times :) .
- *Remove Romance (Can't we do something like "talk about love" from AA2 with generic replies?)
- *Gifts... Screw the dating system for now, it's too complex as you've said yourself to get it done properly and we don't need the items if we go with AA2 variant. I'd prefer gifts to stay as they are.
- Hm, ok. How about this then: AB system buys an item, bill presented to MC, he can either agree or disagree to pay. If he didn't, either girl pays for it or we destroy that item, pretending that nothing happens.
- What's the point without love stat, lover status, dating system, etc? I can even copy lines from AA directly, but again, meeting system is not about romance, it's about hiring a girl in one way or another, and friend status is enough for that. I'd say after we deal with ST, tags and meeting system, the next step might as well be dating.
- AA variant is too simple even for us. I mentioned that we at least could choose some initial conditions before the black screen, like place and gift.
----------------------------------------
Actually, that's a great idea. I'm gonna rip lines from AA2 for a start, then from AA if it won't be enough. For romance too, yeah. But I still don't think that all possible options should be available during meetings, and romance is one of them. It's like, I don't know, having all existing skills available from the beginning in some jrpg.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:54:23 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3250 on: August 12, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »
PS: To make matters worse... ST responses need to scale to the interaction responses, it would be weird if a girl wouldn't want to feck your brains out in the guild but taken to a brothel, would not mind doing so under the normal interaction process. Maybe it would be worth looking into to create some form of generic response labels to be used for untrained slaves everywhere. These shitty concepts are hard, triple difficulty effect applies for a broad concept game such as PyTFall, this is one of the reasons I am constantly trying to dumb down your proposals... the harder you make them, the more difficult it will be to scale them with the rest of the game.
Possible option might be simply forbidding untrained slaves to interact with the gameworld until they're trained and get some form of registration from the authorities... would be a bit of a stretch, but this may help isolating system a bit and narrowing down interactions prerequisites.

MC could use dark route at some point.. why not add evil interaction with npc.. i suggested blackmailing option and corrupt her morals if you had that you coud make and girl follow you to some shady places and force her into ST or convince her using your imposing dark aura :p

i could elaborate the idea if you think it could help solving the scaling with rest of game problem
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:07:33 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3251 on: August 12, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
Start a new thread, I'll archive that one. I believe it all ended with CW saying that he doesn't like salves in the game and we just refocused on other stuff.

Ok i think its best if you start a new ST thread with what your willing to use as concept that way ill have a clearer vision of what you want to do and how.. and if you fall short on ideas on how to improve it ill add up more refined concepts and you will be free to thumb them down..

i started that ST concept because was wondering if ST or FE would ever seen birth.. :p

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3252 on: August 12, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
- Hm, ok. How about this then: AB system buys an item, bill presented to MC, he can either agree or disagree to pay. If he didn't, either girl pays for it or we destroy that item, pretending that nothing happens.
- What's the point without love stat, lover status, dating system, etc? I can even copy lines from AA directly, but again, meeting system is not about romance, it's about hiring a girl in one way or another, and friend status is enough for that. I'd say after we deal with ST, tags and meeting system, the next step might as well be dating.
- AA variant is too simple even for us. I mentioned that we at least could choose some initial conditions before the black screen, like place and gift.
----------------------------------------
Actually, that's a great idea. I'm gonna rip lines from AA2 for a start, then from AA if it won't be enough. For romance too, yeah. But I still don't think that all possible options should be available during meetings, and romance is one of them. It's like, I don't know, having all existing skills available from the beginning in some jrpg.

- Nah, I'll have to isolate lookup code if take this direction. No items will be returned by the current method if girl cannot pay for them while it is executed.

- It's not only about hiring a girl, we'll have a jobagency for that at some point. It's about interacting with in game characters.

- Scale it to the system that is already at place**
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3253 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:33 AM »
One thing that should have great influence on girlsmeets is morality. Aka virtue in AA, where either they loose virginity in the first period with random person or you actually have to work hard to get a hug.
What do you think about (hidden or half-hidden) moral stat? We discussed it already in context of slavetraining, where you need to corrupt them as well. So now it could be usefull in 2 systems already.
Depending on it the character either would agree for sex during your second meeting, or you have to be lovers to do almost anything.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3254 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »
Well.. I hate any new stat :)

I wonder if we could use alignment and derive morality and other stuff from there... Do we have any morality related traits btw?

I am going to put some time into coding the game, been slacking off with testing the 6.18 and chatting up late...
Like what we're doing?