devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821470 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3315 on: August 15, 2014, 02:53:46 PM »
I think that some lines from "normal" should be copypasted into traits. I don't think there a need to have unique lines for every options, only to avoid those that would look out of place for them (=almost every girl could say simple "thanks" sometimes and other vague answers)
Yup, that's the plan.

It should be deleted completely (or edited) and someone should create default labels for Retarded/MindBroken traits.
Ok, will do.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3316 on: August 15, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
**I'll see if I can code something for the SE tonight. CW created a new file and there are new options :D

PS: I've prepeared PyTFall for Ren'Py 6.18 btw. SF version will not compile for SL2 and improved parser, but that created some minors bugs for 6.17 so that's why I haven't pushed yet. We cannot yet switch to a preprerelease 6.18 either atm because Drag&Drop is even more messed up there. This is the last bug relevan tot PyTFall, they fix it and we switch development to their prerelease channel :)

Dev also promised a way to improve screen performance beyond of what 6.18 already does with additional coding, so we'll see if it's sensible to improve the code in the future as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3317 on: August 15, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
@MrKlaus, any news about descriptions? I'm not rushing you or something, just wanna to see what do have there.

PM the whole thing to you guys. I'm not happy with the final result, feels to lack something for me. If you have any pointers, suggestions please don’t hold back. 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3318 on: August 16, 2014, 02:10:14 AM »
Instead of working on the project yesterday evening, I got sucked into checking out new games made in pure Python (can be achieved in Ren'Py with a lot of work in most cases). Until recently, there seemed to be non that were any good, just silly, unfinished test projects and concepts... noways there is a whole bunch of games (even commercial) and some of them are pretty good.

If time permits, I'll put time into SE module tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3319 on: August 16, 2014, 07:56:10 AM »
Btw. The game have something like a puzzle maker from girls pics. Can that puzzle maker could be used inside a quest or an event; or would be to much pain in the ass to code? I'm thinking something like: "here is a broken stone key to the temple, after getting the puzzle right it would open a new area for exploration" or something like "Your cat destroyed my art! - Fix the painting event".

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3320 on: August 16, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »
Btw. The game have something like a puzzle maker from girls pics. Can that puzzle maker could be used inside a quest or an event; or would be to much pain in the ass to code? I'm thinking something like: "here is a broken stone key to the temple, after getting the puzzle right it would open a new area for exploration" or something like "Your cat destroyed my art! - Fix the painting event".

With ease. Don't worry about using it in event.

Edit: Ali events needs to be rewitten with less lines from the MC and to happen near the mages tower. I can prolly do that myself. Note that you wanted to also expand box event unless I misunderstood something.

I'll brb in 3 - 4 hours and hopefully get working on SE.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:15:37 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3321 on: August 16, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »
With ease. Don't worry about using it in event.

Edit: Ali events needs to be rewitten with less lines from the MC and to happen near the mages tower. I can prolly do that myself. Note that you wanted to also expand box event unless I misunderstood something.

I'll brb in 3 - 4 hours and hopefully get working on SE.

Ali short (remake from the long):

Ali: Hello mister. Have you come to play with me?
MC: Nope. Maybe sometime in the future (about 10 years from now).
Ali: So Mister, what brings you here?
MC: I wanted to know more about the alignments.
MC: But it’s awfully quiet. Where are the temple scholars?
Ali: On an every year, three month pilgrimage. You didn’t know that? You must be pretty dumb Mister.
Ali: But have no fear, Ali is here.
Ali: I will teach you mister. So give me something nice in exchange.
MC: I can give you…
 #and the menu1 comes into play

Ali short version2:
 If going for that background from my folder, it could be something like this: “On your way to the Mage tower you discovered that the route branches away (maybe give here a menu: go to tower/follow the discovered road.) or get lost in a thick fog and come to the Alignment temple.

Talking with Ali:
Ali: Hello mister. Have you come to play with me?
MC: Nope. Maybe sometime in the future (about 10 years from now). What is this place?
Ali: The Temple of Alignments. You didn’t know that? You must be pretty dumb Mister.
Ali:  The scholars could tell you all about the alignments but they are on an every year, three month pilgrimage.
Ali: But have no fear, Ali is here.
Ali: I will teach you mister. So give me something nice in exchange.
MC: I can give you…
#menu1 from the event.

And if you can write the missing lines about happening near the mage tower it would be great. (currently doing some renovations at home and don’t have that much time to sit in front of my laptop. Just taking quick looks on the forum when on a break). But if you want I can come with something tommorow morning or later todays evening (6-7 hours)

About the box event. The expansion was the potential bombing the MC place but it should be tied to some Crime Lord (that you mentioned will be running the Slums) or someone of high status that the MC screw over (or his wife). Also there should be the city guard to disable the bomb. But we don’t have anything from this right now.

The second expansion would be finding a kitty (some other animal) in the box. It could grow to a really big size and help in fights. Or event when it would morph into a catgirl (other animal girl), or just trigger a event when the MC would give the cat as a present to some girl or (another one xD) place the cat into the MC screen some place near his legs (not as an item but just some extra stuff), it could give some boost to charisma (all girls love cute cats).

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:13:09 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3322 on: August 16, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
Well, if there will be a polymorph cat, it would be a great opportunity to add random catgirl pack, since she can change her appearance freely.

I guess we could add something like that as a part of the main story, it will enliven and embellish the game, like those unique assistants in Otherworld. Maybe either in childhood or just before arrival to the city MC found a small box, and so on. It will always be with MC at his profile screen, it can help in fight if needed, you can talk to her, she helps you to recruit girls in cat form, etc. Even though I'm not really into furry stuff, I like the idea a lot.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3323 on: August 16, 2014, 01:43:34 PM »
I suppose we will need some guard characters in any case, any tips for who that could be?
I think we need at least 3 people in the same uniform (would be good to have both genders within), and at least 2 of them need a VN and battle sprite. I'll look for the pics and do the background removing if needed, but I don't really have anyone in particular to propose...

btw. what is SE?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3324 on: August 16, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »
btw. what is SE?

Simulated Exploration module, out exploration guild, I refer to it this way :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3325 on: August 16, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »
I guess any generic guards, somehow I always imagine them with helms covering faces.
Not necessary fully medieval, there are a lot of tips about more advanced technologies in art that we use, but without blasters either.

I think we should combine reactions to clever, strong and cute compliments in girlsmeets. Breasts compliment is another matter, it has a bit different lines.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3326 on: August 16, 2014, 02:22:35 PM »
Well, if there will be a polymorph cat, it would be a great opportunity to add random catgirl pack, since she can change her appearance freely.

I guess we could add something like that as a part of the main story, it will enliven and embellish the game, like those unique assistants in Otherworld. Maybe either in childhood or just before arrival to the city MC found a small box, and so on. It will always be with MC at his profile screen, it can help in fight if needed, you can talk to her, she helps you to recruit girls in cat form, etc. Even though I'm not really into furry stuff, I like the idea a lot.

It doesn't have to be a total furry, from my point of view a girl with cat ears would be fine. Also he could find some holly/curse item and we have a gate way for acquiring angels and demons. Or some item that would start a chain quest.

About the box event itself. I proposed the idea to Xela some time ago, around when he was working on the realtor (don’t remember if I send him all the lines for the menu and potential outcomes). The general idea was that the MC would find a box on his door step (let’s say once every 30 days). The player would get the option to: open/leave it/make a girl open it/call the bomb squad. After opening MC would find nothing of use general in game use (like a sweater send to him from granny) or a promo from the local shops, a four pack of potions, maybe a cake or some gloves from the tailor; of course items of low value.  The cat (pet) thing should be more exclusive and harder to get.
Leaving the box along would be the end of the event.
If a girl would open the box it usually be some embarrassing to the MC, one of the original text from the event: “You appointed [SlaveName] to open the box for you. Inside it were pills for your manhood problems that you ordered in secret. Unfortunately [SlaveName] likes to gossip.” Or the box would explode and the girl would get killed.
The bomb squad was an option  that should be in use when Crime Lords and generally NPC that would want to kill the MC could send a bomb to his place. The outcome would be disarming the bomb or paying a fine from the false alarm.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:24:21 PM by MrKlaus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3327 on: August 16, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
Hey, could you guys write me a dict on how you'd logically group tags in the tagger.

Like:

taggroups = {
"Group 1" = ["tag 1", "tag 2"],
"Group 2" = ["tag 1", "tag 2"]
}

and so on.

Maybe a exclusions as well:

excludetags = {
"If this tag is present": ["exclude tag 1", "exclude tag 2"]
}

and so on. I don't know if latter is required but shouldn't be too hard to get it done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3328 on: August 16, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »
Isn't it a bit too early? Final tags list is not approved yet.
I could do it, but not before Monday, unless Cherry is willing to do it. I'm busy with girlsmeets lines, it's much easier to do at home than at work for some reason.

@Klaus
We could use that event if you write all lines. Without a shapeshifter cat though, I think it should be obtained in a different way. Just either minor item, event or some debuff (without bombs for now, we don't have Crime Lords yet).
Another option is to write events and lines for the cat assistant. I can do it too, but you have more writing talent.
Angel/Demon is not an option, I think. They ill-suited to the role of shapeshifter, and we have angel random pack with more or less similar pics.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3329 on: August 16, 2014, 03:09:34 PM »
I guess any generic guards, somehow I always imagine them with helms covering faces.
Not necessary fully medieval, there are a lot of tips about more advanced technologies in art that we use, but without blasters either.

I think we should combine reactions to clever, strong and cute compliments in girlsmeets. Breasts compliment is another matter, it has a bit different lines.
there are no texts for strong/clever created by me anyway, so I'm not against that  :)  but because intelligence and strong stats and traits exists, I think there should be some checks for that. Like, calling a weak girl strong should fail, because she will think you are just making fun of her.

Helmets covering faces? I like that...

------------------------
I'm not really fit to do the tags now either. I didn't added any girl images for months now so I almost forget what it's there  :) 

I'm creating some items for SE now and thinking about some quests for them (or that crafting you mentioned). But it's not going very well, as only thing I'm ok with are pictures, writing texts and balancing stuff is hell as always...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:29:45 PM by CherryWood »