devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821622 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3345 on: August 17, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
I mean, this is what I think dates was supposed to look like, before Xela decided that there's no value in doing it now, and postponed that idea until much much further in development (after beta == probably never).

Err? When did that asshole Xela decide that? We otta find him and kick his ass :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3346 on: August 17, 2014, 10:58:41 AM »
For me that would be probably "theming" your business. But it's hard to explain. Something like setting a "house rules" for both girls and customers and promoting that. So there could be a one building where all girls all proper and elegant, and any ungentlemanly behavior there is not tolerated, while on the other street you could run a dirty whorehouse where anyone can be rough to the poor girls as they please. And if what type of girls are together could matter somehow.

Few days ago when discussing the new theme for PyTFall (the bright map), Dark mentioned that you guys plan to add new cities, territories etc. Maybe make the cities and their areas (high society houses, slums, markets and all other) be describe with stats. When the area would be highlighted, there would be a small window in the corner of the screen with visualization of how this area is manage. The stats could be:
lawfulness (is the are safe or is crime on every corner), 
wealth (how much you can earn in here),
military (does the city guard patrol the area and take action in here or not),
society level (low – the lowest standards, medium – the girls and the MC should generally know how to behave; high – girls and MC HAVE to know how to act and behave when blending with the high society people),
depravation (how much will the girls have to do – from holding hands to getting fucked by a hoarse and being watched by dozens pervs).

The general idea is that this fixed (or not) statistic would be displaying what kind of business should be run in the place and what kind of girls would earn the most money. If the society would be high, a lvl 1 girl wouldn’t fit in there and customers never want to see her in their surroundings; on the other hand high lvl girls and with certain traits would blend perfectly. This division would justify why free girls would want to work for MC (he can get them to the high paying customers so they can make more money than working on their own).

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:28:34 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3347 on: August 17, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »
Err? When did that asshole Xela decide that? We otta find him and kick his ass :D
You the moderator here. Just ban him already!

Few days ago when discussing the new theme for PyTFall (the bright map), Dark mentioned that you guys plan to add new cities, territories etc.
I hope you understand that we are far from that. We need to finish one city for a start  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3348 on: August 17, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
You the moderator here. Just ban him already!

I've let him off with a harsh warning, can't get past some weird sense of familiarity with the poor sod :)

Eliont added intro to Alkion with the last release btw. Not too shabby: interface improved (a bit), lots of bugs fixed, new way of loading packs (folder = category instead of a filename). BE polished a bit but still threw me an error after a bit of play.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3349 on: August 17, 2014, 02:57:15 PM »
@Dark

Yeah I know. Just throwing an idea into the wild world of PyTFall.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3350 on: August 18, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
 Question: Will there be alternative ways to earn(spend) money by buying shares in businesses, supporting merchant trades, patronizing artist(this could be a beginning for meeting a certain girl)?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3351 on: August 18, 2014, 07:39:11 PM »
Question: Will there be alternative ways to earn(spend) money by buying shares in businesses, supporting merchant trades, patronizing artist(this could be a beginning for meeting a certain girl)?

Not even planned yet. It should be easy to code, but so is a lot of other stuff.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3352 on: August 18, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »
Another (stupid) question: Is there somewhere a list of things that will be inside the game (except the topic called -TODO: list)? Number of cities/town/ villages, shop types, locations, NPC types, event types?

I’m asking, because I was thinking about making a quest chain given by one of the girls or something like a short story for obtaining a girl.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3353 on: August 18, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »
Another (stupid) question: Is there somewhere a list of things that will be inside the game (except the topic called -TODO: list)? Number of cities/town/ villages, shop types, locations, NPC types, event types?

I’m asking, because I was thinking about making a quest chain given by one of the girls or something like a short story for obtaining a girl.

Not really, nothing beyond what we've discussed. CW already has a couple of stories like that btw. He even made a couple of cool unique attacks to go with those.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3354 on: August 19, 2014, 05:12:54 AM »
Just make note that if you are making quest for unique girl (=downloadable girls) all files for that should be located inside the girlpack and not the game itself.

If I remember, right now we have this:

"start id label" - that runs at the start of a new game, it's useful for registering custom items, skills and a general checking what girls are really there (as a player can use only parts of the packs).
"event manager" - this thing check for events at most locations/screens. It has a simple conditioning build-in, like percent chance, run-at-entry or run after "look around" button, repeat at X days... etc. There's some support for adding any conditions in.
"girlmeet quest/meetscript" - you can also run your label from a girl's picture at girlmeets, instead of default menu appearing.
"replaceable lines" - game checks for unique label before every answer to girlmeets/interaction so you can replace some or all of the default answers with your texts/events

But you can surely request more, like I did  8) :) [size=78%]. [/size]But I think it's working nicely now, it's sufficient for most event's I was thinking about doing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:24:38 AM by CherryWood »

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3355 on: August 19, 2014, 05:23:37 AM »
Just make note that if you are making quest for unique girl (=downloadable girls) all files for that should be located inside the girlpack and not the game itself.

Note taken (it is the same way custom meet sriprt was added in WM).

If I remember, right now we have this:

"start id label" - that runs at the start of a new game, it's useful for registering custom items, skills and a general checking what girls are really there (as a player can use only parts of the packs).
"event manager" - this thing check for events at most locations/screens. It has a simple conditioning build-in, like percent chance, run-at-entry or run after "look around" button, repeat at X days... etc. There's some support for adding any conditions in.
"girlmeet quest/meetscript" - you can also run your label from a girl's picture at girlmeets, instead of default menu appearing.
"replaceable lines" - game checks for unique label before every answer to girlmeets/interaction so you can replace some or all of the default answers with your texts/events

But you can surely request more, like I did  8) :) [size=78%]. [/size]But I think it's working nicely now, it's sufficient for most event's I was thinking about doing.

Probably at some point will try to make the file myself(for a short side quest). But for now, I was thinking more like writing the "quest line tree" with all the branching, potential outcomes and handing it over to Xela to do the heavy lifting  :P

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3356 on: August 19, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »
Probably at some point will try to make the file myself(for a short side quest). But for now, I was thinking more like writing the "quest line tree" with all the branching, potential outcomes and handing it over to Xela to do the heavy lifting  :P
You sure can do that, it's very welcomed too. (I hope  :D )

But not only Xela should be able to do that, unless you need some totally crazy conditioning there  :) . Our goal is to make inserting events easy as possible, and the rest is usually just a pure renpy with some stat changes. (at least after we write a guide)

---------------------

For generic events we are still missing some stuff, like callable menu to select a girl filtered by conditions specified, that could be very useful thing I guess. But this is stuff only Xela can do, and there is no ready content requesting that so...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3357 on: August 19, 2014, 06:26:05 AM »
Another (stupid) question: Is there somewhere a list of things that will be inside the game (except the topic called -TODO: list)?
We discussed an elven city nearby, probably beyond the forest, just because we have a lot of elven packs already. I even have very cool map for it somewhere in my db. And elves are supposed to be ardent opponents of slavery, so elven slaves will be rare and expensive.
Any content for the city, like locations, npcs, quests, etc. is welcomed, of course.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3358 on: August 19, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »
You sure can do that, it's very welcomed too. (I hope  :D )

But not only Xela should be able to do that, unless you need some totally crazy conditioning there  :) . Our goal is to make inserting events easy as possible, and the rest is usually just a pure renpy with some stat changes. (at least after we write a guide)

---------------------

For generic events we are still missing some stuff, like callable menu to select a girl filtered by conditions specified, that could be very useful thing I guess. But this is stuff only Xela can do, and there is no ready content requesting that so...

...so we have to come up with some and make someone’s coding life a hell.

But talking seriously. I'm now waiting for the next stabile alpha2 version of PyTFall with all features.
With the upcoming changes and implementing the city guards, it just screams that there should be some events like:
Bribing the neighborhood officer, so he would overlook MC brothel.
Getting harassed and shaken down for money by guards on patrol.
Being extorted by corrupted high rank officer, threatening that he will lock up the MC if doesn’t get his cut
A team get lost when exploring, and there is a short time window to send the rescue party to bring them back alive.

Also with current locations the possible quests/story lines options are pretty limited. But when the “PyTFall Universe” will be expanded by new NPCs, cities, neighborhoods and areas then we will be able to show off and get some more complicated plots up and running.

We discussed an elven city nearby, probably beyond the forest, just because we have a lot of elven packs already. I even have very cool map for it somewhere in my db. And elves are supposed to be ardent opponents of slavery, so elven slaves will be rare and expensive.
Any content for the city, like locations, npcs, quests, etc. is welcomed, of course.

Content, you mean done graphics and ready to use NPC sprites or generally ideas for the NPCs and locations?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3359 on: August 19, 2014, 07:09:36 AM »
Also with current locations the possible quests/story lines options are pretty limited. But when the “PyTFall Universe” will be expanded by new NPCs, cities, neighborhoods and areas then we will be able to show off and get some more complicated plots up and running.

Content, you mean done graphics and ready to use NPC sprites or generally ideas for the NPCs and locations?
Yes, Like Xela said, we will focus on story and events after the current work on new modules is done. Game without a story is just not worth attention in my option  :) .

And we need actual text the most I believe. There are plenty of images and ideas...