devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821281 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3375 on: August 19, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »
========edit
LOL, I just created some head items and only after then I noticed that there's no headsloth in the game  :-\   I think I need to actually try to play the game sometimes  :D

I play a game once every month or two. It takes a lot of time to have a  decent gameplay.

We were talking about reinstating the head slot not so long ago btw...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3376 on: August 20, 2014, 12:13:47 AM »
After the guild is ready, I figure we should add a small intro, some quick guides and release second alpha?
Girlsmeets will take some time (after AA2 lines I'm going to add some AA ones that Cherry didn't use), so yeah, go ahead.

We were talking about reinstating the head slot not so long ago btw...
Yup, it's not hard at all to add a slot. The problem here is to create good items for it. If you can create at least 10 for a start, we can add it right now.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3377 on: August 20, 2014, 05:21:23 AM »
Yup, it's not hard at all to add a slot. The problem here is to create good items for it. If you can create at least 10 for a start, we can add it right now.
No thanks, it's too hard and time consuming to came up with any sensible descriptions. I'm overburden with the few items I wanted to add already...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:24:22 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3378 on: August 20, 2014, 05:40:09 AM »
No thanks, it's too hard and time consuming to came up with any sensible descriptions. I'm overburden with the few items I wanted to add already...

You wanted to add Tavern, didn't you? See if you can code one in, might be a decent idea to set up something like tavern/fg combo as you proposed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3379 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15:35 AM »
You wanted to add Tavern, didn't you? See if you can code one in, might be a decent idea to set up something like tavern/fg combo as you proposed.
Ok. I'll look into that - I'll take a peak at the resources I have and write soon about how I imagine it could look like.

============edit
It's not going well, I'm not really able to find good images for NPC pair I imagined to use there, and I'm still missing a good FG office picture.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:05:08 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3380 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
Ok. I'll look into that - I'll take a peak at the resources I have and write soon about how I imagine it could look like.

============edit
It's not going well, I'm not really able to find good images for NPC pair I imagined to use there, and I'm still missing a good FG office picture.

We can do without... focus on tavern instead?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3381 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »
We can do without... focus on tavern instead?
And what you want to have in tavern? I imagined it only as another "look around" location for future exploration quests.
Simply a tavern BG
but because empty tavern would be weird, with some random images over it on each visit, like:

some nice music and that's was all  :)

For FG I was imagining only some small office with a friendly retired warrior who will talk about the old times all the time and his small daughter there, just across the street from tavern:
(The reasoning was supposed to be, that the warriors doesn't need a big separate place to gather and equip because they are doing this all in arena training grounds where is everything, and that office would be just for registering and map drawing. And if those adventurers want to meet somewhere, they just choose tavern instead.)

But I was not able to find any good interior BG for that. Nothing was even close  :( 

So I suppose another option is to go with a bigger guild headquarters, there is a good BG for that: - it even have a bulletin board! But it looks too "knighty" not like bunch of dirty adventurers and freelancers I would expect explorers to be... and I don't have any NPCs in mind for that options yet, so I can't do much there.

Or you guys have somethig different in mind?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:17:55 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3382 on: August 20, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
Could work... I thought more of a hang-around update in the guild for potential clients, guildmembers and other folk. Maybe it wasn't a very good idea.

I am still working on FG, it's fairly difficult to make it work "on the fly", without any predefined concept. Too many "little things" to keep in mind...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3383 on: August 20, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
Could work... I thought more of a hang-around update in the guild for potential clients, guildmembers and other folk. Maybe it wasn't a very good idea.
Hmm... ok, my mistake, it's probably true that traditional RPG look wouldn't do any good in H-game.
So... it should be tied much more to the slave market then? Can't really imagine any other type of stable clients as it's too simple to just keep the money and items found for team members themselves.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:18:42 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3384 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
Hmm... ok, my mistake, it's probably true that traditional RPG look wouldn't do any good in H-game.
So... it should be tied much more to the slave market then? Can't really imagine any other type of stable clients as it's too simple to just keep the money and items found for team members themselves. Then the base could be just a prison for convenience

Just buyers of unique items/slaves and some folk who want to be around pretty warrior girls is what I had in mind. Also a place for your girls to relax between exploration runs. Maybe it's too early for this, I can't really tell atm. Still haven't added girl capture and I am about to start working on guild control screen (building itself, not exploration bit).
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3385 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »
Just buyers of unique items/slaves and some folk who want to be around pretty warrior girls is what I had in mind. Also a place for your girls to relax between exploration runs. Maybe it's too early for this, I can't really tell atm. Still haven't added girl capture and I am about to start working on guild control screen (building itself, not exploration bit).
I'm still confused with the basic concept of the purpose of FG then. It is a base? So the girls go FG->Exploration->sell stuff->FG? What is MC doing then, just some sponsoring? Or is MC trying to lure girls out from FG to his buildings to start a exlorations from there?
If it's not a base, then the FG is just a place to talk and exchange informations and meet clients then? Sounds just like a some sort of resort then. (and like something that could be shared with arena)

I'm kinda in favor of keeping just the main screen button right now  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:25:18 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3386 on: August 20, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »
I'm kinda in favor of keeping just the main screen button right now  :D

What do you mean?

- Storyline should include something about a powerful, banned magical weapon being (Lets call it Etherra) used to bombard slave encampments around the city and in local mountains/caves during the last uprising. That created tears to other dimensions and unstable areas that were being constantly replenished with loot, people and items... and monsters. Driven by lust for fame and fortune, not mentioning the interest of exploring unknown, best warriors from PyTFall decided to try out their luck (still well armed and sure of themselves so soon after the conflict has ended). The effect however, was devastating and over 90% of explorers have perished or went MIA so the Masters ordered City Patrols to turn around anyone heading towards those lands. Soon, not willing to leave such a resource unexploited, Masters teamed up with Mages from the tower to utilize the same dampening system that was used to block fatal blows to valuable monsters and fighter in the arena to explorers. Evacuation through teleportation was also concepted. Soon a system of Fighting Guilds was created and sold into private hands in order to utilize those systems. Outside of controlled Arena environment, they were only about 20% effective, especially on large parties so a law was made to limit the units size to 3 (maximum allowed in the Arena). That, together with discipline, order and structure that Guilds provided the effect was astounding and death rate was lowered significantly. Teleportation over such great distances would be used only as a last resort in a case of lifes of entire team being in danger due to insanely high cost.
================================================

This is more or less what my idea was for the FG. The permit is what's important, the building itself is just a building. I wanted to create a small event where MC is given a chance to run a guild due to his father being a very capable manager (generally) by a former friend of his who's working for the authorities.

So it's a hangout place, a trade and a sanctioned exploration agency all in one.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3387 on: August 20, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
This is more or less what my idea was for the FG. The permit is what's important, the building itself is just a building. I wanted to create a small event where MC is given a chance to run a guild due to his father being a very capable manager (generally) by a former friend of his who's working for the authorities.

So it's a hangout place, a trade and a sanctioned exploration agency all in one.
From this it sounds to me like some magic place with a portal for this evacuation teleportation (it makes sense to have only one travel time with this instant return) with everything else being just bureaucracy. It could even be this mage tower we already have then  :)
Ok, I must have missed this, so almost everything I thought about in last week don't fit at all...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:01:32 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3388 on: August 20, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
From this it sounds to me like some magic place with a portal for this evacuation teleportation (it makes sense to have only one travel time with this instant return) with everything else being just bureaucracy. It could even be this mage tower we already have then  :)
Ok, I must have missed this, so almost everything I did in last days don't fit at all...

What could be a mages tower? And how does this change things/what have you been doing for past few days that doesn't fit?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3389 on: August 21, 2014, 02:19:23 AM »
How are we going to use evacuation portal with automatic exploration? Girls are supposed to do it on low health or something?