Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821413 times)

Offline Marquis

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3420 on: August 24, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »

Some ideas on the type of things I'd like to do in the game. Other folks might not be interested in these at all. Most of the capabilities are there already, the capabilities I'm not sure are currently available are in [brackets]

Through Girlsmeet hire a free girl to do service jobs (Girl A). Ease of hiring and base salary depend on MC reputation/stats and her stats/traits. [should be relatively easy to do in the first few turns]
Open a bar in a small building- Girl A as bartender. [allow bartender job early in many building types]
MC saves an AP to Guard the shack.
Interact with Girl A to see if she'd quit if MC opens a brothel in the back. [new dialog in interaction] Assuming it's okay...
Buy a slave to work as a whore in the back. Maybe pay a little to the slave (maybe just let her keep tips) to improve MC reputation and disposition with Girl A. [assumes MC actions with one girl could affect rep or disposition with other girls]
Keep interacting with Girl A until she's willing to wear a sexier outfit (purchased by MC) for more pay since presumably more customers would come by. [increase disposition to allow this, increase her pay and bar income if she's wearing a sexy outfit- maybe just increasing her stats from wearing the item will accomplish this]
Girlsmeet to eventually hire a Warrior as a Guard. (Again, MC reputation/stats and girl stats/traits affect this) [again, should be relatively easy to do]
MC can stop saving an AP to guard the shack. MC spends AP's on interactions, fighting in the arena if a warrior and girlsmeets.
Eventually expand the building and buy second whore slave or girlsmeet a girl willing to be a prostitute.
Keep interacting with Girl A until she's willing to wear lingerie, then work topless, and perhaps work nude. This may take a long time and many interactions. [again, her stats change depending upon outfit as does her pay and bar income]
 Perhaps there are traits that can be removed/added such as 'prude' or 'exhibitionist' as she gets more comfortable with nudity at work.
At this point her disposition is such that she's probably willing to work as a stripper.
Maybe Girl A gets propositioned by some customers as she wears less and she can choose to accept or not for extra pay. If she does, she's on a path to becoming a whore eventually. [add new customer interaction based on her clothing/charisma, add logic to have her decide to accept or not with refusal maybe prompting customer problems/violence]

Expand the building further or buy a slightly larger/nicer place. [the small shack number of rooms is too few - this limit is the first thing I edit on my own installation]
Put Girl A as stripper (if willing), two slave/free whores, warrior guard and new hire free Girl B as bartender.

MC continues to interact with Girls A/B to increase disposition so they're willing to do more jobs.
MC may go to the arena/exploration if a warrior, or hire warrior girls to do so if a casanova and instead concentrate on interactions/girlsmeets. [casanova should be appreciably better than warriors at girlsmeets except maybe hiring warriors]

This might be the status quo for a while to build up gold, reputation and stats (both MC and girls). Probably very little sending girls to training unless as a reward. [girls should consider job appropriate training as positive, XXX is not a 'reward' except for whores; my preference is that training be expensive, but have significant skill improvement]

As MC reputation goes up, it becomes possible to hire better free girls. [adjust who's available for girlsmeets] Slaves would be bought infrequently to fill specific needs. Train Girls to increase earning potential via improved stats/skills.

Start spending more time personally exploring or sending warrior girls to get more unique items and Monster Girls (either for Slave Training or sale to the Slave Market/Arena) [MC exploration and an ST module would come into play here]
Continue to improve MC stats/reputation for Girlmeets if a Casanova - maybe this also allows buying better buildings and have better customers. [MC stats/rep affects this]
If a Warrior MC, get access to more lucrative Arena fights as reputation/skill improves.

Eventually have enough reputation/gold/girls to open a nice, full service establishment. Bar/restaurant, strip club, whores, gambling, etc. [more types of jobs]
Perhaps train a high rank Courtesan (maybe Girl A :))to start interacting with local nobility. [new job type or maybe just rank X; nobility NPCs]

---

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3421 on: August 24, 2014, 01:55:22 PM »
And of course what kind of things you are looking for.
Backgrounds for various locations, maps, animations for spells, npcs and items sprites, elements of interface.
For backgrounds resolution is no less than 1024x768 (more is better), for others it doesn't matter much.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3422 on: August 24, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
Backgrounds for various locations, maps, animations for spells, npcs and items sprites, elements of interface.
For backgrounds resolution is no less than 1024x768 (more is better), for others it doesn't matter much.

Native resolution is 1280x800. We could use some decent backgrounds to improve on the city. I want it split into a ghetto, main city and hills where the rich/powerful live. All buildings should be placed in those locations so we need a couple of backgrounds for each like we have for the beach.

Nice setup! It's partly what I mean by content and perfectly doable given the time. The only way it gets done any time soon is if we get more people on the dev team or decide to work on content instead of new modules with current one.
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3423 on: August 24, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
Last quick question... I don't think it realy metters... but u are fine with copyrighted stuff right ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3424 on: August 24, 2014, 03:04:59 PM »
Last quick question... I don't think it realy metters... but u are fine with copyrighted stuff right ?

Yeap.
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3425 on: August 24, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »

Quick look on my normal images repository gave me this :
https://mega.co.nz/#!95REySoS!CANd5i9ssxC9CY6Dr4jjZkdktJyuJwfUpdsPQpllrCA
Also if ya want more, please be more specific :
Inn / Elven City etc... I don't know what you lack.

Tomorrow will search Cg/Anime images repository.
Pretty hard to search those dark-themed things.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3426 on: August 24, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »
Quick look on my normal images repository gave me this :
https://mega.co.nz/#!95REySoS!CANd5i9ssxC9CY6Dr4jjZkdktJyuJwfUpdsPQpllrCA
Also if ya want more, please be more specific :
Inn / Elven City etc... I don't know what you lack.

Tomorrow will search Cg/Anime images repository.
Pretty hard to search those dark-themed things.

Doesn't have to be dark-themed. More specific: Human City, Views with medieval buildings (similar to the Main Street with shops): Ghetto, Normal, Rich.

Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3427 on: August 24, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »
nothing in our BG folders is any good?  :(  Together we have almost 1500 BG pics and I though that some of these streets pics we collected are really nice.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:44:41 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3428 on: August 24, 2014, 11:55:14 PM »
nothing in our BG folders is any good?  :(  Together we have almost 1500 BG pics and I though that some of these streets pics we collected are really nice.

Yeah, there are definitely a couple of options... I just didn't manage to find anything that would be a perfect fit. If you isolate some options, throw them in my DB folder.
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3429 on: August 25, 2014, 04:47:56 AM »
https://mega.co.nz/#!Uxg1FSKZ!JRBwomtllkkEb8LhZQL2NrkBoNnja7F0mMJtXHGPv88
Catch.

Dunno if the arts I provide are any good. Will try to drop something from time to  time.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3430 on: August 25, 2014, 05:41:03 AM »
I like LocationStreet and Street2 images for the ghetto. Thanks! We have some decent pics for the docks, main city and etc. There are some options for high class quarters but if you see something in your collection, let us know.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3431 on: August 25, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
Native resolution is 1280x800.
Yet we have many bg pics with 1024x768. But more is better, as I said.

Together we have almost 1500 BG pics and I though that some of these streets pics we collected are really nice.
I want background for a temple of time for ressurection system. There probably should be massive watches or something, and it should look like a temple more or less. I don't think we have something like that. You have this one in your db, but resolution is very low

Another option is this one, but it doesn't have any watches or something, too bad
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:45:43 AM by DarkTl »

Naurlas

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:27:10 AM by Naurlas »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3433 on: August 25, 2014, 07:51:59 AM »
Nice selection :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator