Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821480 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3435 on: August 25, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »
It's partly what I mean by content and perfectly doable given the time. The only way it gets done any time soon is if we get more people on the dev team or decide to work on content instead of new modules with current one.
As much as I'd like to see more content, it requires actual modules to be implemented properly.
I propose to finish tagger, BE (because arena), SE, ST, clones (because it's mostly about balancing and content rather than coding) and MC house (because you need to live somewhere if you don't have a brothel and focusing on arena or SE, as well as girls that help you), and then work on content until we'll be satisfied enough to continue adding modules.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:06:23 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3436 on: August 25, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
Is there a way to make misc slot item that works like normal items? just giving bonus when equipped?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3437 on: August 25, 2014, 11:05:16 AM »
Nope. But we always can ask Xela to do something about it  :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3438 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »
ok, thanks. (no need for change, it wasn't anything worth it)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:10:53 AM by CherryWood »

Naurlas

« Reply #3439 on: August 25, 2014, 11:12:32 AM »
Also about pregnacy thing :

I kinda dont understand why should it be hastned ?

Pregnacy = 9 months = 270 day in game.
You can make it that 4 months girl dosnt know she is pregnant(hello medival times) and chance for discovering is : 25% * Number of Full months passed.
After 4 month (dosnt metter when its discovered) girl can't work with sex related things
After 6 month she cannot work at all.
That leaves 3 months = 90 days of not being usefull.

I had multiple (well... 3) games that lasted over 900 days....

+ 1 small idea.
Now real problem is what happens after baby is born. You could make that Slave Guild takes it + Add possibility of buying almost adult (lets say 15+ ) children from guild :
Depending on your tastes :

- Can work in all business other then sex related until she is mature ( 360  720 or 1080 days depending on what age was she bought)
- Can work in all buisness (loli action)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3440 on: August 25, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
Yeah, the real problem here are children. You need to wait about 6000 turns to have a 16 years old character (thus don't have problems with law in most countries irl). This is insane.
And if you simply dispose of all children, like sell them to slave guild or something, then what's the point at all? Is it worth it to add a new system for something like that? I don't think so. It won't make the game any more interesting.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3441 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
As much as I'd like to see more content, it requires actual modules to be implemented properly.
I propose to finish BE (because arena), SE, ST, clones (because it's mostly about balancing and content rather than coding) and MC house (because you need to live somewhere if you don't have a brothel and focusing on arena or SE, as well as girls that help you), and then work on content until we'll be satisfied enough to continue adding modules.

Well, you can buy an apartment for MC already can't you? +1AP per day if MC lives there and not in one of the Brothels.

I've asked Thewlis to take a look at PyTFall since MM isn't really going anywhere at the moment. If he'll be ok working with PyTFalls code, he can take care of modules while I put in some time into content.

Going to try and add proper items sorting, girls capture and fix a bunch of small errors with SE module tonight and maybe add a couple of upgrades (med, training hall, bar for warriors to hang out/rest + auto-cleaning/service girls cleaning options) to it tomorrow as well as options for girls to train in combat/rest if they aren't on exploration runs.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3442 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
Yup. I thought about things like upgrades, rooms for girls, mini-jobs for them (personal guard, maid, bed warmer, etc.), but I guess you could call it content as well.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3443 on: August 25, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »
Yup. I thought about things like upgrades, rooms for girls, mini-jobs for them (personal guard, maid, bed warmer, etc.), but I guess you could call it content as well.

Yeah, that would have no gameplay value without advanced content.
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3444 on: August 25, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
Child system :

Can make it like this :
1) If it's slave child guild takes it.
2) If it's free girl child you have choice to give to guild or take of it's education alone.

Now major thing to decide : What happens with males ? They can either be bodyguards / do nothing pretty much now.
For girls > they work as any other girl and have same social status as mother.

Now what does happen with those children :

They are taught by external teachers ( guild provides worse teachers and small variety of options for small fee, u can try private education for huge fee and lots of options(training mages/warriors))

How could system look :
Simple change must be done 1 year = 30 days in game for this system purpose.(magic~~~)
It means child grows up in 480 game days. It's pretty long for player to get a feeling.

This would require child menagment screen or prompt every 30 days.
Player then could decide what does child learn(stats + traits) + get random set of traits(big boobs).
At the end of 16 cycles , up to player what to do with such character.

Of course it's very basic explanation, but possiblites are quite big.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3445 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
Also about pregnacy thing :

I kinda dont understand why should it be hastned ?

Pregnacy = 9 months = 270 day in game.
You can make it that 4 months girl dosnt know she is pregnant(hello medival times) and chance for discovering is : 25% * Number of Full months passed.
After 4 month (dosnt metter when its discovered) girl can't work with sex related things
After 6 month she cannot work at all.
That leaves 3 months = 90 days of not being usefull.

I had multiple (well... 3) games that lasted over 900 days....

+ 1 small idea.
Now real problem is what happens after baby is born. You could make that Slave Guild takes it + Add possibility of buying almost adult (lets say 15+ ) children from guild :
Depending on your tastes :

- Can work in all business other then sex related until she is mature ( 360  720 or 1080 days depending on what age was she bought)
- Can work in all buisness (loli action)

About the time of pregnancy I agree.

But what happen next? MC is a brothel owner between fucking everything that moves or gutting enemies in the arena. Why he should give a fuck about some kid? Sell it, kill it, send it to orphanage (quest opportunity: the kid could come back at some point plotting against the MC;  assassination, want some money from "Daddy", or kill MC to inherit it all) or let us play house (could hire a Nanny - new job). But after the kid grows of age it will be a problem what to do with it. Make the kid a "money leach", trouble maker – city guards more interested in you, or someday "Fuck you dad I'm going adventuring!" and the problem is gone. And this is just about the MC child. What about random children from whoring? Drown them in the river, sacrifice at the temple to resurrect a killed girl, sell to  the gourmet of a nearby cannibal tribe?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3446 on: August 25, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
sacrifice at the temple to resurrect a killed girl
Hm...
I still think that paying gold for ressurection is too simple and straightforward. Just saying.  ::)

Of course it's very basic explanation, but possiblites are quite big.
The main difference between cloning system that we want and pregnancy system that you propose is one trait, it's either "Your daughter" or "Clone". However, with clones you don't need to wait even 500 turns, you can have clones of unique characters (while daughters can be only random girls), you won't have unneeded boys. I guess it only could be important for those players that like incest, but we'll have half-sisters anyway.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3447 on: August 25, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »
*I f#cking hate any idea of accelerated pregnancy/growth.

**Girls will take care of their kids at cost of AP. MC obviously has no control of free children.

Otherwise, it's not the best concept atm because we'll be forced into doing some crap at the very least with regard to male offspring. We have plenty of other good concepts to work with and pregnancy is something that can be explored as a quest/event(s).
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3448 on: August 25, 2014, 02:04:16 PM »
I can agree that other systems are more important.

Still... these guys are so advanced they can clone and no pregnacy ?:D
Cloning is certainly more comfortable and easier to implement...
but well it sucks :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3449 on: August 25, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
Clones require money all the time to keep living, so they cannot replace pregnacy in terms of world story. Let's call them reflections instead of clones, if you think that clone sounds too advanced.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:52:20 PM by DarkTl »