devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821258 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3465 on: August 25, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »
Wants to mess around with Xela.

LoL :D

We can't reverse a lot of traits btw, small boobs trait will look ridiculous on Tsunade for example. Otherwise, we'll think cloning content when we introduce cloning.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3466 on: August 26, 2014, 02:23:46 AM »
AG3 again? Did I really missed that much?  :)
Sisters lines. We didn't even planned to use them back then because there wasn't a concept according to which MC's father lived in the city for some time, thus could have more than one child there. And we don't really need much for that besides AG3 lines, so I wanna add it.

Darks obsession with cloning, theories:
Fan of Star Wars.
Fan of Jurassic Park.
Wants to recreate one of the last scenes “My stepmother is an alien”, when hot alien chicks, come to take away one dude.
Too bad, I dislike both SW and JP, and I'm not even familiar with the last one  :D
Clones are actually Xela's idea, blame him for proposing it. I'm just an innocent victim here.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3467 on: August 26, 2014, 03:20:39 AM »
Pushed traits_chance.json. I used
{
    "Hint": [
    "trait name -> multiplier for chance of teleporting during exploration -> multiplier for chance to capture", "multiplier 1 means no change"
    ]
    },
structure as a commentary since json doesn't support them, I hope it's not a problem.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3468 on: August 26, 2014, 04:00:28 AM »
What do you mean by teleporting multiplier chance? I am having a bit of trouble following the contept, those traits mods apply to capturing girls or to captured girl? Also if it's the former, team of three characters may have a whole bunch of these traits, with cumulative effect... It'll be a bit much even if I add checks for every girl. Or should we make it count only for the team leader? I need some clarifications :D

*Cloning was proposed as a possible addon to the game by me, that's true but you've been the main proponent of that for a long time :) I proposed dozens of concepts that will prolly never get created. At some point I've even figured out how to load rpg-maker auto tiles into tiled software and than into pytfall and have spaceship follow mouse clicks with turning to the right direction (a lot of geometry funcs) but it doesn't mean that we will add it to the game.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:03:20 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3469 on: August 26, 2014, 05:14:35 AM »
Teleporting during exploration when the team is in trouble. I believe it should be up to the leader to decide when to quit based on health, area difficulty, maybe even number of potions remained, so only her traits mean something. In case if the leader is dead the team probably should return instantly.

I don't know how are you going to handle capturing though. If you going to use the most agile girl in the team, only her traits mean as well.

*Cloning was proposed as a possible addon to the game by me, that's true but you've been the main proponent of that for a long time :)
It's still your fault though that I know about this concept in the first place  :)

have spaceship follow mouse clicks with turning to the right direction (a lot of geometry funcs) but it doesn't mean that we will add it to the game.
You never know. Not spaceship, but maybe ship in the ocean or something related to minigames.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3470 on: August 26, 2014, 05:35:22 AM »
Teleporting during exploration when the team is in trouble. I believe it should be up to the leader to decide when to quit based on health, area difficulty, maybe even number of potions remained, so only her traits mean something. In case if the leader is dead the team probably should return instantly.

I don't know how are you going to handle capturing though. If you going to use the most agile girl in the team, only her traits mean as well.

*Well, sh1t... I need to document stuff :)

Ok, so atm:
- Team teleportation is assumed, not really reported as such.
- Team will return on any of the girls dieing, not just the leader.
- There isn't any solid representation of area difficulty.
- Decision to withdraw is based on risk and health factors.

*I don't think traits can be coded for withdrawal as you suggest, code doesn't anticipate it. Traits can matter a lot if we want them to but not generalized through JSON, instead in a similar way to what we do with jobs (specific trait = unique decision making effect).

**I made some plans in precious posts (yesterday for tonight). I also want to try and make a composite image for SE, without editing Next Day code. Going to be a bit tricky I expect, but I see no reason for it not to work.

***Anyway, adding chance to capture shouldn't be hard at the very least, I want to take leaders traits, not the highest agility girl.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3471 on: August 26, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »
@Dark
We all knew that Xela is the root of all evil, nothing new here.  But you are like a devils accomplice, working side by side with him. :P
I would propose to throw cloning concept on the shelf for some time and you guys finish the guild and exploration. 

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3472 on: August 26, 2014, 06:07:36 AM »
I would propose to throw cloning concept on the shelf for some time and you guys finish the guild and exploration.
That's the plan, yeah. And ST too btw.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3473 on: August 26, 2014, 06:37:16 AM »

Adding girls to the picture without editing any code proven to be a lot easier than expected...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3474 on: August 26, 2014, 06:59:00 AM »
Sorry guys, but I'm simply not able to came up with all those descriptions required for the head items.
So I can:
1 - create them without the texts, just with stats and pics
2 - just forget them and more to other work (toying with SE and tavern is next in my plan)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3475 on: August 26, 2014, 07:00:34 AM »
Battle sprites look pretty good there.

So those wolves were ninja, huh?  :)

I'd say if they drop wolf skins (after we'll add crafting items), it make sense. But if the team found usual items like weapons, we probably should write something about finding a chest/cache/stash/crypt/etc.

Sorry guys, but I'm simply not able to came up with all those descriptions required for the head items.
Just create them. We always can add descriptions later.
Btw, congratulations with your 500th post!  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:10:15 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3476 on: August 26, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »
I'd say if they drop wolf skins (after we'll add crafting items), it make sense. But if the team found usual items like weapons, we probably should write something about finding a chest/cache/stash/crypt/etc.
Strange, I'm sure I wrote
Code: [Select]
"items_limit": 0for the whole place so there should't be any item drops. (for now, still working on the list)

But the exploration takes a whole day, not just this fight, so I don't think it's strange to find items during it, even if you don't fight anyone at all.
And I was imagining selling game and wolfs hides as a part of the money lot you receive (in addition to those other treasures team may find).

And seriously, you should put Cursed Forest back as a primary location, this cold area was never supposed to be the main one (and it will take me some time to make it into something playable)

============
I was thinking about crafting (I even have many those pics like wolf hides...) when creating those wolves and such, but I'm not convinced it will add something worthwhile to the game. I believe alchemy can, but not creating permanent items like weapons/armor/clothes.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:24:36 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3477 on: August 26, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
Battle sprites look pretty good there.

So those wolves were ninja, huh?  :)

LoL

In the future, we can add engaged enemies there as well! Team name on top in a good font would look nice. Prolly possible to animate some stuff as well. It's not smart to do this for Brothel jobs as there are so many of them (next day will become very slow), but decent multilayer pics should work well for SE.

Bit much? Different texts for different items is doable, I'll think about it. You can write a few if you like.

**Btw, you broke loading of the game naming your new json traits_xxxxxx.json. Such naming is reserved for the traits files. I've renamed it so it'll get fixed with the next push. Just pointing this out if someone cannot run dev version after pulling from repo.

So I can:
1 - create them without the texts, just with stats and pics
2 - just forget them and more to other work (toying with SE and tavern is next in my plan)

Just add something basic or nothing at all like Dark suggests.

Strange, I'm sure I wrote
Code: [Select]
"items_limit": 0for the whole place so there should't be any item drops. (for now, still working on the list)

But the exploration takes a whole day, not just this fight, so I don't think it's strange to find items during it, even if you don't fight anyone at all.
And I was imagining selling game and wolfs hides as a part of the money lot you receive (in addition to those other treasures team may find).

And seriously, you should put Cursed Forest back as a primary location, this cold area was never supposed to be the main one (and it will take me some time to make it into something playable)

I changed it for testing purposes. I meant to delete Cursed Forest (wrote that I did it in one of the updates actually but I either forgot or it was restored when someone else was pushing), it's too old for proper testing of latest addons. After more areas are created, we can default to something else if you don't like it to be that json but for now it will remain like that.

You can work on the area as you please, just leave me the very first entry for testing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3478 on: August 26, 2014, 07:25:46 AM »
Yeah. But we probably should explain this. Like
the first day: the team didn't found any enemies. The team found a stash with 20 gold.
the second day: the team was attacked by 3 wolfs and got loot worth 17 gold from them. The team found Kunai in a hollow tree.
I could write lines for that if no one wants to.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3479 on: August 26, 2014, 07:34:18 AM »
Yeah. But we probably should explain this. Like
the first day: the team didn't found any enemies. The team found a stash with 20 gold.
the second day: the team was attacked by 3 wolfs and got loot worth 17 gold from them. The team found Kunai in a hollow tree.
I could write lines for that if no one wants to.

- Writing lines "per item" sounds insane, maybe we can specify something to items unique to the area in JSON. Normal items seems to be a bit much of a bother. Multiple items can also be found by the way... complicates it even further.
- Now damned wolves carry money  ??? Ghm... but it's manageable I think (structuring texts that way).
Like what we're doing?