devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821797 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3510 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »
Couldn't you create it as another custom function?
Something like $tr("trait1" :( "line1", "line2"), "trait2" :( "line1"), ("line2")..."traitN" :( "line1"),("line2")).
The more lines I'm adding, the less part of them players will actually see in most cases if we'll use elif everywhere. Good example here is interest topic where you used elif and dice. The chance to see the lowest line after all dices is about 0,04%, this is insane.

Elif structures do make my work easier because we don't need lines for every trait thanks to them. But they cannot be used everywhere.

I'll take a look. It should be possible, but I can't think about it atm. I only started with the jobs for the FG and they're already kicking my ass. Seems so simple from the user perspective, but getting it all to work in code is hell. I'll see what I can do about "tr" later.

Ok, I tested the SE items field - those items drop, but the chances are totally off somehow. Items drop like mad no matter what chance I set there.
Like:
"items": {"Mallet": 0.00002}
and it still dropped in 4 days out of 10  :D 

Also, saying "no" to "Are you sure to sent the team XY exploring" still send the team out there.

I'll take a look at the items drops, chance increases with every day, I prolly made it too aggressive.

"No" thing is fixed in my version since yesterday, I just didn't get a chance to push it yet as some other stuff may break from incomplete FG update.

**I am killing off the girls assign screen since noone said anything against it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3511 on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »
I'll take a look at the items drops, chance increases with every day, I prolly made it too aggressive.
Ok, I see it now.
Then I suggest something like this:
Code: [Select]
if dice((self.area.items[i]*(0.2 + (self.area.risk*0.008))*(1 + self.day*(0.025*(1+self.area.risk/100)))))
day 1 risk 1 = i*0.213
day 15 risk 1 = i*0.287
day 1 risk 50 = i*0.623
day 15 risk 50= i*0.938
day 1 risk 100= i*1.05
day 15 risk 100=i*1.75
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:42:19 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3512 on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
I don't understand how works part gm_interact_abouther in labels-gilrsmeets. No elifs here, does it already use "tr" structure?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3513 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:53 AM »
Ok, I see it now.
Then I suggest something like this:
if dice((self.area.items[i]*(0.2 + (self.area.risk*0.008))*(1 + self.day*(0.025*(1+self.area.risk/100)))))
day 1 risk 1 = i*0.213
day 15 risk 1 = i*0.287
day 1 risk 50 = i*0.623
day 15 risk 50= i*0.938
day 1 risk 100= i*1.05
day 15 risk 100=i*1.75

LoL

Just do it and push, you obviously put more thought in it that I did :)

I don't understand how works part gm_interact_abouther in labels-gilrsmeets. No elifs here, does it already use "tr" structure?

CW coded that, not me. It looks like it should do just that, yes.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3514 on: August 27, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
I wrote that long ago so there is simpler python without any shortcuts functions, but if I understand it correctly, that requested "tr" thing would be doing almost the same thing like this label do.

There are 2 leves of randomizations to ensure that an option with a lot of replies will have the same chance to appear as option with a few, and also "normal" lines are added to the list if there are only 2 or less other options (that is what that += 1 is for), to prevent a girl talking just about her only trait over and over. All else is just a list.

I didn't know what to put under interest,romance and hangouts so I created this label with all kinds of stuff in it. But maybe they could be merged somehow...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:56:06 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3515 on: August 27, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
Ah, I see what does it do. Not exactly what I need, but useful too.
Too bad it crashes in the end all the time :)
Will be fixed in the next push.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:21:14 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3516 on: August 27, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
About insults and compliments, we probably should check how high is the corresponding stat towards others (ugly/cute=charisma, smart/dumb=intelligence, etc). Girls with higher charisma should believe more in cute compliment and be more vulnerable for ugly insult.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3517 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
No update from me again tonight but I solved all the issues I think (found better approach instead of insanity I tried first to keep track of the new jobs).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3518 on: August 28, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »
Or maybe girls with higher charisma are already got used to cute compliment, so they would prefer other ones. And they know that they are pretty, so ugly insult cannot hurt them much because it's not exactly true. Damn, I can't decide  :D

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3519 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
Xela: Can you help me with SE again? Now I'm trying to figure out how often fights happen, but I'm lost.
I only found this:
if not attacked and dice(self.area.risk/2 + self.day): # Needs to be improved
                        attacked = True

but that can't be it, because the party in higher risk runs is attacked every single day.

////////////////
EDIT:
for i in xrange(ap):lol, I totally missed this. That means that the whole code is checked for every girls AP, right?
So the girls are looking for treasures in a cycle, until something attacks them on that exploration day.
That explains a lot. All the percentage chances I wrote just need to be lowered accordingly.
////////////////

Also, the mobs are chosen rather strangely. If I understand it, the game dice check every mob entry for a chance one after another, but if noone is chosen, then it's doing some code I don't understand to find one. And the overall results and numbers are not as I would expect.
Is there a serious reason why the logic is in the order it is? First if there is an attack and then choosing enemy?
It would have been much more understandable to me if the game checked the list of mobs for chances first, and if it din't dice a one = no attack. (that would also create the option to have a more desolate locations when fight don't happen every day)

And one more thing - I don't like the randomization on the number of enemies. Current "max" value should be simply a number of mobs in that group. If someone want more variety, he can write more entries into mobs field (=2 Orcs + 3 Orcs, with separate chances as a bonus).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:09:59 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3520 on: August 28, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
You can rewrite it if you like as in "needs to be improved".

I usually write that code without too much thought, just making sure that it's working and manageable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3521 on: August 28, 2014, 11:51:30 AM »
You can rewrite it if you like as in "needs to be improved".

I usually write that code without too much thought, just making sure that it's working and manageable.
Ok  :)

btw, did we just gained a quest tracking? whoa, nice

///I was looking for statue pieces and found that our poor beggar girl event is broken somehow  :(  We need to take a better care of her, she's still a big portion of the whole game content  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:01:22 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3522 on: August 28, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »

Looks like it  :)

I'll take a look at the beggar events when I get a chance.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3523 on: August 28, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »

Yeah quest tracking is in and, assuming no one finds a bug, complete. You can look in "library/events/quest - strange_idol.rpy" and "library/events/classes - quests.rpy" for details on how it works. Only thing I didn't really check were quests that auto-start when you start a new game.

On another note, I chose quests as it was fairly simple and got me into the code. Still don't really know what I should prioritise so if any of you wanna just throw something at me, go ahead.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3524 on: August 28, 2014, 01:28:14 PM »
Thanks for the Quests module :)

On another note, I chose quests as it was fairly simple and got me into the code. Still don't really know what I should prioritise so if any of you wanna just throw something at me, go ahead.

Is there anything you'd be interested in working on?
Like what we're doing?