devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821249 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3540 on: August 31, 2014, 07:26:13 AM »
Charisma and character - in girl stats are responsible for......?

edit

Another (stupid) idea about a mini event. When entering the main street, there would be 3% chance of poping up an NPC (shady merchant) that would have some exclusive items for big $$$. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:46:26 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3541 on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:59 AM »
Charisma and character - in girl stats are responsible for......?

Character is checked at times during girlsmeets/interactions to see if a girl can be persuaded by the MC to do something.

Charisma is basically beauty, places where it's used are to numerous to name and I am sure I wont be able to name them all. It's usually used as you'd expect beauty/appeal/looks to be used.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3542 on: August 31, 2014, 08:01:02 AM »
Character is checked at times during girlsmeets/interactions to see if a girl can be persuaded by the MC to do something.

So, lower character the girl is more willing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3543 on: August 31, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
So, lower character the girl is more willing?

More suggestible/obedient, yes. Willingness can depend on traits and other stats or maybe even equipped items. Stats/Traits will always have slightly different meaning to every dev team member/modder. Don't read to much into it, while we're all more or less on the same page, it's ok.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3544 on: August 31, 2014, 08:18:54 AM »
Another (stupid) idea about a mini event. When entering the main street, there would be 3% chance of poping up an NPC (shady merchant) that would have some exclusive items for big $$$. What do you think?
I would prefer for such merchant to appear at some more predictable rate, like every first day in a month or so, if it's the case of a traveling merchant. Or, in case of shady character, at least be able to bribe someone who you can find (or spread the word in a tavern) to increase that chance for him to appear (so he will find you).
It's just that a 3% chance seems to be too plain and random for event with a real gameplay value.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3545 on: August 31, 2014, 08:42:25 AM »
More suggestible/obedient, yes. Willingness can depend on traits and other stats or maybe even equipped items. Stats/Traits will always have slightly different meaning to every dev team member/modder. Don't read to much into it, while we're all more or less on the same page, it's ok.

Dark asked me to make items and if I want the item to make the girl meek/shy it also should hit her general stats, thats why I wanted to know what those two do. Thanks for the quick reply.

I would prefer for such merchant to appear at some more predictable rate, like every first day in a month or so, if it's the case of a traveling merchant. Or, in case of shady character, at least be able to bribe someone who you can find (or spread the word in a tavern) to increase that chance for him to appear (so he will find you).
It's just that a 3% chance seems to be too plain and random for event with a real gameplay value.

I was thinking something more in lines of a street monger. "Hey mister you need a watch. Check this" and he reveals insides of his long coat, there are hanged tens of watches there. Of course some items would be good, but lets say 60-70% would be trap, money wasters.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:43:57 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3546 on: August 31, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
I was thinking something more in lines of a street monger. "Hey mister you need a watch. Check this" and he reveals insides of his long coat, there are hanged tens of watches there. Of course some items would be good, but lets say 60-70% would be trap, money wasters.
Ok, this sound like more fun  :)  You can make any kind and number of items I guess, even totally crap stuff, item is just a small pic and text for the game, nothing to be nitpicky about.

I'm planning to add some really simple events like watching the arena fighters training for a while out of boredom with a very rare chance to learn something out of it. So a street monger would be totally advanced thing in comparison  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:09:20 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3547 on: August 31, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »

I'd appreciate you adding the events to the game and testing their progression yourself without advanced conditioning. It's not difficult and there are plenty of examples, some with comments.
=============================

I really want to add some quests to the game but I'd be pretty busy in the upcoming weeks :( Did some work on the simple jobs for the guild this morning. Also a bot of FG code rearranging. Going to take care add upgrades to the interface as well as some other stuff, test it a bit and push tonight. FG should be more or less ready with that and waiting for more areas/content.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3548 on: August 31, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »
In any case, creating extra layers of stats and delimiters would make it possible but right now the only issue are two or three items and slight modifications to them will make the game run perfectly.

I'm gonna defer to you on this point, as I'm not familiar enough with it to know what should be changed and how.

I'm only going to focus on training whats currently available an only with the sex/service/strip girls with the master for now until thats working properly then build it up.

Getting in 'mistresses' and the MC home/slave living conditions can wait until thats all working.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3549 on: August 31, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
I'm gonna defer to you on this point, as I'm not familiar enough with it to know what should be changed and how.

I'm only going to focus on training whats currently available an only with the sex/service/strip girls with the master for now until thats working properly then build it up.

Getting in 'mistresses' and the MC home/slave living conditions can wait until thats all working.

Sounds like a plan! Keep in mind that we wish to allow personal training and training by trainers. Otherwise, there are no plans beyond what was discussed in the ST thread.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3550 on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:41 PM »
...I need to know where is frog sprite (the big one, with crown), I cannot find it. I'm going to find a less cartoonish version, like I did for leprechaun.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3551 on: August 31, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
...I need to know where is frog sprite (the big one, with crown), I cannot find it. I'm going to find a less cartoonish version, like I did for leprechaun.

events/frog_event folder.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3552 on: August 31, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »
SF Updated:

- Added "Jail"
- Moved FG Jobs to Jobs file
- Finished first versions of FG Jobs
- Moved FG classes to Exploration/Arena file
- Fixed some stuff in NextDay (there may be sude-effects)
- Changed MC Setup pics to some random art
- Changed insane increases of experience during training jobs (Guards)
- Added some basic jobs for the Fighter Guild

Basically added upgrades + simple jobs to FG.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Algernon

« Reply #3553 on: August 31, 2014, 11:14:59 PM »
Thought I'd toss some ideas out, that I've been thinking about for a while.  These are mainly meant to be money sinks, but some of them would have a benefit for the player. 

I'm trying to approach the problem by looking at money as a means to an end, rather than just something you use to make more money.  Basically, the money you earn is used to fund another other aspects of the game.

First off, I was thinking that a merchant with some sort of random item selection.  What I mean by that is basically like the whole item "gambling" system that was used in Diablo and other games.  The player could choose to buy an expensive sword, but the player won't know what the sword actually is until after it is purchased.  It could be something awesome, or it could be a regular Long Sword.  Of course, this would be applied to other items (a random potion, a random misc item, etc.).

Second, adding a cost per person for exploration.  Now, I've only been playing the alpha, so I don't know how things are setup in the current build.  However, I believe that Xela was working on an exploration system (I could be wrong though).  Anyway, the cost to explore an area would scale, based on the difficulty of the area.  The reasoning behind this is that the characters must have the necessary supplies to make the trip and back.  These supplies wouldn't show up in anyone's inventory, so there wouldn't be any need to create new items.  An idea for the description would be something like "Tents, bedrolls, food, first aid kits (to save a character who is reduced to 0 HP), and other necessities for travel."  Not a word for word description, but you get the general idea.

Third, incorporating item durability into most of the items.  Sure, item durability is kind of a cheap way to force a money sink onto the player, but it does make sense.  That 3000 gold dress might not last too long in the lines of work that are available for your girls.  Thus, it will eventually become damaged and will need to be replaced.  However, to help with micromanaging issues, the player would need an "auto-buy" function or a way to repair items in bulk.

Well, that's about it for now.  I'll keep trying to come up with more ideas for the game.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3554 on: September 01, 2014, 06:24:54 AM »
First two are possible without much of a fuss. I am not going to introduce either one into the game without support from rest of the dev team. Both are doable without changing the current items system.

Third propositions will plainly mean that we'll have to track every item separately... which comes with a bunch of advantages (more options/power) and disadvantages (more work/computing resources required).

Sadly all of the approaches will require bit of a hassle, I haven't heard am overwhelmingly simple and great idea since it was suggested that slaves cannot advance past whore rank three :) Simple and powerful at the same time :)
===================================

On a separate topic: I found the Frenchy RPG Maker project (with insane graphics (considering that it's rpg maker)) I was talking about in dullmans thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOlKh4PjLbg

Should be doable in Ren'Py as well if we put 5 - 6 years of work into it :D :D :D
Like what we're doing?