Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821717 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3585 on: September 04, 2014, 05:10:27 AM »
If you really want it, I'll code it in but you'd have to do the graphical work + I feel like we're overcomplicating it again. There is little in a sense of added gameplay value in adding that background to the game. Also if we add EE support later, we might want to have surrounding areas to the city and all that work might become obsolete.

*Odd, pictures for about half the girls are not loading on my ancient laptop... going to look into that tonight, may be some Windows Vista thing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:47:51 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3586 on: September 06, 2014, 01:01:31 PM »
I'm working on interface and ready to show my progress. This is not a finished work.
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/b6L0smwQKO/Elements.rar.html
This is awesome  :)

Wtf is with "month", it shouldn't be that serious...?
This is one of those diseases that are quite safe for children and terrible for adults. I was barely able to move for the last week. Current medicine cannot do much against viruses, so my body has to synthesize a cure by itself.

Ended up deciding to place the actual training content in json files. Worked up an example for obedience training. All numbers were just made up, but the content is generally self-explanitary.

The only things that aren't obvious are that "reqs" are requirements that the girl must meet to take the training, if any. "hero" is the same but for the person training them.
Let's see, girls can't really refuse to participate in some types of training (talking, forced actions, passive punishments), while others require cooperation.
Thus, talking should have very small effect on strong individuals, forced actions could hit joy, disposition, health, MC's morality when he'll have it, also they could require enough dungeon guards. As for others, I guess girl should have at least some obedience/not too high character already to follow at least some commands? Disposition could help here too if needed.

There is little in a sense of added gameplay value in adding that background to the game. Also if we add EE support later, we might want to have surrounding areas to the city and all that work might become obsolete.
Not gameplay, gui. Also, I imagine we can display various information about locations on the map.

But low resolution (800x500, c'mon guys) and general fading prevent me from voting for this specific one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3587 on: September 06, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »
Small SF Update:

- Removed insane max mods from ultimate potions
- Fixed FG Training Job report (girl pics going out of bounds)
- Added Gismo's frame
- Moved top stripe to end of screens
- Minor code refactoring

*I'll be having a LOT less dev time in the following 3 month (RL stuff). Gismo can work on the interface, Thewlis on ST. FG needs content, ST will need content/balancing so there will be plenty to do anyways :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Marquis

« Reply #3588 on: September 07, 2014, 10:07:42 AM »
Do you think releasing another alpha soon would help? The last alpha (March IIRC) is much different than today's code so you're not leveraging anyone other than the few people on your team.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3589 on: September 07, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
Help with what?

The trouble with releasing a new version is that I'd prefer to finalize tagging concept before that... but not even the concept has been finalized yet. Basically when you release an Alpha, people might expect to be forced into downloading all pics for the next version. When you release the game for the second time, it's a reasonable expectation from the users that they's only have to download code/core pics from that point on.

*Noticed a weird offset in girlequipment screen, might be 6.18 related again. Going to try to find out what goes wrong...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3590 on: September 07, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »
Small SF update:

*Added new buttons/styles (Gismos work again)
*Sorted buying spells by their price
*Fixed girls out of bounds frames
*Some minor fixes

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3591 on: September 08, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »
Another small update:

- Main city theme can now be changed from the main menu screen (small button in the left, bottom corner) *Game will remember the choice even after you close it/open again/reboot (writes to persistent).
- Loaded a lot of Gismos new graphics
- JSON files will now be loaded on entry to tagger software (no point in loading them on games start any longer)

**I'd like to add that it's very beautiful and looks awesome in the game... Cheers to Gismo for the work done :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:06:17 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3592 on: September 10, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »
- Fixed a bug where gift filter was availible during the items transfer.
- Some new interactions code layout code
- Fixed gifts during girlsmeets

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3593 on: September 11, 2014, 07:46:29 AM »
I wonder where should I put AG3 lines about MC's and girl's common past, like "You used to tag along with me wherever I went when we were little.". For now I stack them into high disposition greeting lines, but maybe it would be better to create a new topic "about past" available only for girls with half-sister trait? Or to make it a part of "about her" topic?
What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:56:28 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3594 on: September 11, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
I wonder where should I put AG3 lines about MC's and girl's common past, like "You used to tag along with me wherever I went when we were little.". For now I stack them into high disposition greeting lines, but maybe it would be better to create a new topic "about past" available only for girls with half-sister trait? Or to make it a part of "about her" topic?
What do you think?

About her sounds like a good bet! This also sounds like unique stuff... not generic.

Update (done by Gismo, he's still figuring out Mercurial)
- Fixed broken pref theme
- Added Gismos new work
- New chat button
- New font

Like what we're doing?

Offline laposteb

« Reply #3595 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »
Realy nice  ;)

Offline cursed

« Reply #3596 on: September 12, 2014, 06:06:01 AM »
hi , i don't really know if this is where i can ask a question like this , but i read that you keep making new updates , where can i download them ?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3597 on: September 12, 2014, 06:54:44 AM »
About her sounds like a good bet!
Ok. I'm waiting for randomising function, without it girlsmeets cannot be completed properly.

To clarify again, I'm talking about function that gives random reply like $rc, but uses several lists depending on existing traits.
Something like tr(trait1:(reply1, reply2), trait2:(reply1, reply2), ... , traitN(reply1, reply2)). So it randomly selects a trait for a start (if a girl has it), and then selects a reply. I'm not sure what to do if non of the traits exist though. Then again, I can use ct every time to make sure that at least one trait exists.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3598 on: September 12, 2014, 10:17:14 AM »

It seems that this "about her" label got broken by some automatic "rc" replacement or something. I'll push a fix.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3599 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:33 AM »
Don't worry, I'll test everything before the final push. You could say that currently girlsmeets are under maintenance.