devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821772 times)

Offline theremaker

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3660 on: September 22, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
I know it is a minor thing, but could someone add replace the line 5 in the tagger.rpy with

Code: [Select]
alltags = list(sorted(tags_dict.values()))

makes the tagger a lot easier to get a navigate :)
current line 5:

Code: [Select]
alltags = list(tags_dict.values())

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3661 on: September 22, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »
I know it is a minor thing, but could someone add replace the line 5 in the tagger.rpy
Done.

Prolly a bug in Ren'Py. Where did you encounter this error?
I can't reproduce it yet, but I found another one. Click on journal icon, then instead of clicking on main screen icon close it via cross. Leads to empty screen.

Looks like I missed something, who and why added items_fg_ng_test.json? It has some cool items, but I wonder why they need a separate json.
=============================================================================
Pushed head items made by Klaus. Today is a great day, finally we have helmets  :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:47:52 AM by DarkTl »

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3662 on: September 22, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »
Hey there!

makes the tagger a lot easier to get a navigate :)

I think I should mention that tagging images at this point in time propably isn't a very good idea - a new tagger will be available soontm and the tags will change (or at least new ones will be added) in the near future.
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3663 on: September 22, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Hey there!

I think I should mention that tagging images at this point in time propably isn't a very good idea - a new tagger will be available soontm and the tags will change (or at least new ones will be added) in the near future.
Have fun!

QFT

That tagger is conceptual to see if RenPy can handle it at all (it barely can...). Living is working on a proper design written in Java.

Done.
I can't reproduce it yet, but I found another one. Click on journal icon, then instead of clicking on main screen icon close it via cross. Leads to empty screen.

Looks like I missed something, who and why added items_fg_ng_test.json? It has some cool items, but I wonder why they need a separate json.
=============================================================================
Pushed head items made by Klaus. Today is a great day, finally we have helmets  :D

I've closed it via cross dozens of times, but I'll give it another try.

No idea on json file, check it's history in hg.

We had two helmets (seen them in the game) but moare is gut :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline theremaker

« Reply #3664 on: September 22, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
Hey there!

Have fun!

ohh I am well aware, just found it slightly annoying that the tags was all over the place. :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:40:35 PM by theremaker »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3665 on: September 22, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Click on journal icon, then instead of clicking on main screen icon close it via cross. Leads to empty screen.

I see, that screen is without a label and is shown using showmenu so placing main screen button there is not a good idea. I'll remove it from quest screen tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3666 on: September 22, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »
We had two helmets (seen them in the game)
Yup, they are from that mysterious items_fg_ng_test.json. But the history is huge and search is useless.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3667 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
SF Update:

- Restored items (GM) (Again??? Someone killed my update last time)
- Changed GM layout (WIP, should work but is a mess (Gismo is cooking new interface))
- Removed MS button from quests.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3668 on: September 23, 2014, 04:26:20 AM »
Does girlsmeets menu feel a bit chaotic? I mean, should we generalize it a bit like: "Chat", "Ask", "Action", "Touch" etc.?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3669 on: September 23, 2014, 04:27:11 AM »
Yup, they are from that mysterious items_fg_ng_test.json. But the history is huge and search is useless.
You can just right click on that file directly and show it's own history  :)

- these are my SE drop test items for that northern route json
I wanted some more items for that location, but because I rarely created items before, I placed them in separate file so it's easier to look for mistakes.
They can be merged for sure if you think they're ok, but before doing that, I need to add some missing descriptions and bad/good traits to them.

-------------------------------
I decided that I'll pass on any events/actions/npcs untill story concept (really looking foward to that).   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:15:53 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3670 on: September 23, 2014, 08:36:34 AM »
-------------------------------
I decided that I'll pass on any events/actions/npcs untill story concept (really looking foward to that).

We discussed that in some decent details, Klaus wrote some stuff for that as well. What exactly do you need to know about the story to create events?

**I think we should all put some thoughts out there about how we see PyTFall, surroundings and nearby cities/empire(s) and so on. Same goes for MC and his family, I've been writing my own view in small bits from the beginning but it gets lost fairly quickly.

Then we might be able to come to some kind of a denominator and get some basics together.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3671 on: September 23, 2014, 11:15:24 AM »
Currently I’m sitting on the side lines of PyTFall, doing some one-liners for jobs and events (text and descriptions)for crazy’s mod. I’m basically waiting for you guys to clarify some stuff in here: like traits, girls meets and locations. I have a general idea for a short story for meeting  TenTen (if you want I will try to make a story graph and post it here, gimme 24h) but without the mechanics mentioned above my moves are limited. I also remember that couple months ago, while talking with Xela, he  was thinking about Nami and Hinata to be the main heroines. So I don’t know if other girls should have short, independent story lines or should they branch from the main girls lines. If you want some wild pitches of potential stories for some girls just let me know.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3672 on: September 23, 2014, 12:45:54 PM »
We discussed that in some decent details, Klaus wrote some stuff for that as well. What exactly do you need to know about the story to create events?
Really? I know like nothing, I'm not even sure if you decided to have a main story or not  :) Where I can find that?

I mean the stuff for MC and related NPCs, general storyline and atmosphere. Nothing much related to recruitable girls.
I thought that discussion about things like that and content in general were planned sometime after current work on things like ST is done?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3673 on: September 23, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
Main heroines, huh?

I guess we could use them as examples of how to make a custom meetings and personal quests, but if we talking about true main heroines, ie the key characters of the main plot throughout its duration on a par with MC, I'd rather have them freely customizable. Meaning that players decide who are main heroines in their games, and maybe even how many main heroines they have.
Though I have nothing against these two characters, and any events for them are welcomed, shouldn't we avoid to make specific characters too unique in a game with many hundreds characters?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3674 on: September 23, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
 To clear one thing. The main heroin thing was just talk about future possibilities between me and Xela around three months ago, when I was writing the opening story for the game. He was considering to have a bigger/longer/more unique story line for selected girls, that could be a basic back-story for the game, leading towards end game with possible multiple endings. The two names that I posted earlier was the examples for two potential girls that he suggested at that time. So don’t read into it too much.  And like Cherry said, focus on finishing the task at hand, to have a stabile project that will be expanded with story lines and quests in the future.