devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821664 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3690 on: September 24, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
I think it was something about that when the slaves were almost winning in their revolt, the slavers side got their hand on powerful artifact called Ethera, and use it to call forth a strong magical bombardment that completely wiped out all rebel encampments on the surface. That was the end of the revolt, but usage of such strong magic on large scale caused some shift (damage) in the magic field around the city and rifts (portals) from the other dimensions began to appear, throwing out strange creatures and items into nearby lands. (and forced changes to the society to face them like fighters guild followed)

??? why I didn't get that info then! This explanation brings a lot.
Thank You, Cherry for jogging your memory and sharing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3691 on: September 25, 2014, 12:18:57 AM »
??? why I didn't get that info then! This explanation brings a lot.
Thank You, Cherry for jogging your memory and sharing.

You did get the info with lesser detail:

OK, so if not random, they should be chosen after the MC buildup.

Quoting other NPCs (Stan) is a nice touch as well. Maybe it can be expanded to some relevant event/quest later on.

The robbing thing is prolly too much for now, unless it doesn't carry any consequences.
===========================

1: She sells the Brothel buildings, soon she will also sell/rent apartments (maybe renting other buildings will be possible as well, that hasn't been decided). In a week or so I expect that I'd have time to code in a Fighter Guild (Exploration/Arena) and Master's Guild (some basic slave training), maybe more but I want to get those two straight first.

2: Usually a mature, pretty woman with large breasts. If you have other ideas, be my guest.
============================

Other plans:

1) I am thinking dividing the city in 3 parts (Ghetto, Main part and Elite). Some NPCs/Buildings/Events for each.
In fact I wanted the Ghetto to be governed by crimelords and instead of paying taxes, you'd pay them for protection. Maybe even something like virtual territory control like in WM. In Other two, you'd pay taxes for government protection and City Watch will keep an eye on things. I wanted there to be one really powerful family those "governs" the ghetto and smaller gangs that micromanage and fights for the right to gather "local tax". But it's too early for this...

2) Improve the BE a bit.

3) Maybe add a job to the brothels.

4) Add a decent, multiple ending story like to one of the unique girls, maybe with several characters involved.

==============>>>

Another thing, could you add some more info to the PyTFall's background. I wanted something to have something like:

1) City has suffered numerous slave revolts, after a particularly bloody one 20 - 30 years ago in which even some of the great masters have perished, slaves (who dominated Arena/Many guard duties with an exception of City Watch were forbidden from being tough combat, carry arms or participate in any kind of fights). Before entire battalions of slaves were trained here to be sold into other lands. Many of the captains of those battalions (once who sided with the masters) were freed and continue to serve them as free guards upkeeping the peace (mostly in City Watch (most of whom died in the rebellion) and private guard forces). There hasn't been an uprising ever since. (I'd like there to be an explanation for slaves not being able to fight anywhere. It took some effort to make it so.).

2) PyTFall is a major trading hub, making it a cultural melting pot (but you had something like that already).

3) Maybe also a bit about sex industry and that slaves cannot ascend past rank 3 (Zashiki-Mochi) meaning that they can never become Tsuke-Mawashi, (Courtesan) (Although it maybe better off being a part of some explanation of brothels similar to what we have for the Arena)... You decide.

4) Maybe a hint on the exploration of rich, ever changing landscapes surrounding the city (I don't know how to spin that one yet, maybe landscaped don't change but new stuff is constantly being pulled from somewhere). I wanted to spin this as some huge magic incident during the uprising initially...

5) Enslaving local people has been made very difficult by the government and most slaves are being people either caught in the expanse or imported from else where.

6) ---- Actually scratch 6, it's too early for Faith/Delegations stuff.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3692 on: September 25, 2014, 08:16:22 AM »
There are plenty of examples in the game
I hope you don't consider that old quest with Tifa as a good example. We have some quests, but they are not marked in the journal, so they are outdated. I don't think we have custom girlsmeets yet. Finally, you could code as example some perodic random event, like that one with box made by Klaus.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:21:30 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3693 on: September 25, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »
I hope you don't consider that old quest with Tifa as a good example. We have some quests, but they are not marked in the journal, so they are outdated. I don't think we have custom girlsmeets yet. Finally, you could code as example some perodic random event, like that one with box made by Klaus.

I am not going to try and code every possible scenario. Events and Quests systems have examples and are simple enough to understand by trail and error or maybe even without "error".

There is no time for the events atm and there will not be in the foreseeable future. I'd rather answer specific questions if someone tried making an event but got stuck with something.

Girlsmeets (custom) are even simpler, you just create a label called the same as any of the GM labels we use and add:

name_of_the_gm_label_Girl_ID

(name_of_the_gm_label_Hinata) for example. There body should look exactly the same as the normal girlsmeets but prolly without traits checks (you know the girls personality).

There is a subsystem in place I wrote at CWs request that can completely overwrite all normal girlsmeets, I think he has examples of using that in his packs.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3694 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »
Yup, custom girlmeets are working fine, nothing changed in that in recent updates.  (not sure if we have customizable interaction though)

If you want to skip the gm menu altogether, set girl to location="girlsmeets_quest" and then the game jump to "_Girl_ID" label. (label Hinata:)
You need to take care of hiding the screen and setting the character in that case.

I only have that Ayanami Rei meetscript, I didn't finish more of them yet.
(I placed that file in my DB folder, but I don't have the girlpack itself updated to filename tags yet)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:06:41 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3695 on: September 25, 2014, 09:53:35 AM »
^Thanks, examples is what I need.

I also thought about simple events like in SM3 where some npcs randomly appear at MC's house and propose something in exchange for your time (in our case AP, if you don't refuse). I guess dice for them should be a part of next day, but I don't know what to do next because we don't have anything like that  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3696 on: September 25, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »
^Thanks, examples is what I need.

I also thought about simple events like in SM3 where some npcs randomly appear at MC's house and propose something in exchange for your time (in our case AP, if you don't refuse). I guess dice for them should be a part of next day, but I don't know what to do next because we don't have anything like that  :D

You need to create an event and condition it with dice and maybe tpd (times per days). Then it's just normal label. I am not 100 percent positive that we can trigger autoevents from  next day label and don't have access to code atm to check.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3697 on: September 25, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »
Next, I have about 200 cool sprites in db that I found during my adventures at g.e-hentai. I believe that for the purpose of diversity in many events we should select a random sprite. How this can be achieved?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3698 on: September 25, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Next, I have about 200 cool sprites in db that I found during my adventures at g.e-hentai. I believe that for the purpose of diversity in many events we should select a random sprite. How this can be achieved?

I don't remember if we have a function that does that automatically, but I'll take a look. I made some events that pic random picture I think for the beach.

There is no auto-events in the Next Day. I need to think if we can add those without breaking stuff (we should be able to, before the next day executes. After night be a bit tricky but should work as well, I can't tell right off the bat).

Edit: What kind of sprites? How do we sort them logically in folders?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3699 on: September 25, 2014, 12:04:21 PM »
My db\Images\Npcs, if you have access to it. At very least there are males and females. We could use more sorting, like fighter/non fighter for random arena fights or something.
I see only two sorting options: by name and by folder. We even could use simple tags, though it might be an overkill.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3700 on: September 25, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
I used that code from beach event for tavern  :)  It's working fine.

btw. I have a lot of sprites from VN rips, do you guys prefer to look for your own NPCs or it may be worth to upload them somewhere? I was thinking about shamelessly using resources from other games for some NPCs, at these characters have a lot of expressions so they're easy to work with (some girls even have close to 100 sprites).

I also found some nice bg (upload them soon to usual place) but I had no luck with faceless town guard sprites yet  :( 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:34:25 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3701 on: September 25, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
There is no auto-events in the Next Day. I need to think if we can add those without breaking stuff (we should be able to, before the next day executes. After night be a bit tricky but should work as well, I can't tell right off the bat).

I ended up using:
Code: [Select]
register_event_in_label("strange_idol3", quest=event.quest, locations=["mainscreen"], trigger_type="auto", dice=100, max_runs=1, start_day=day+1)
to make an event trigger the next time the user goes to the main screen after that day ends. It would trigger normally after the player closes the next day screen.

Also a bit off topic, but I needed to flesh out the jail for ST for escaping slaves. Would just be a custom action to check if any escaped slaves are there, but I needed to add the jail to the map and build its label and screen as well.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3702 on: September 25, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
I ended up using:
register_event_in_label("strange_idol3", quest=event.quest, locations=["mainscreen"], trigger_type="auto", dice=100, max_runs=1, start_day=day+1)
to make an event trigger the next time the user goes to the main screen after that day ends. It would trigger normally after the player closes the next day screen.

Also a bit off topic, but I needed to flesh out the jail for ST for escaping slaves. Would just be a custom action to check if any escaped slaves are there, but I needed to add the jail to the map and build its label and screen as well.

Thanks for the tip. I got about half an hour tonight and plan to spend it updating Gismos new bars.

Create the jail, just add the button somewhere so there is no need to cut into maps (we will have places for Jail/Tavern and etc.) when someone adds "quarters".

If you get a chance, take a look at ST, I reported an error in the bugs section and we still need "on spot training".
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3703 on: September 25, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »
 Downloaded the  new Ren'Py and the latest dev code, added the char and sub char folders but I'm getting this error:
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 86, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 96, in <module>
    rchar = load_random_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 198, in load_random_characters
    tagdb.tagmap[tags_dict[tag]].add(rp_path)
KeyError: u'sample'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3704 on: September 25, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
Downloaded the  new Ren'Py and the latest dev code, added the char and sub char folders but I'm getting this error:
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 86, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 96, in <module>
    rchar = load_random_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 198, in load_random_characters
    tagdb.tagmap[tags_dict[tag]].add(rp_path)
KeyError: u'sample'

Errr... it's a bit complicated:

Search char/rchar directory for a file containing "sample", you'll find it in one of Dark's packs. Delete the file.

Start the game, none of the girls except Crazy WM packs will (should) have any pictures.

Click on "tagger" button in the main screen, in tagger screen click button "JSON --> FN" (or something like that). Follow the instructions given by the game. After a restart (don't remember if that's automatic or not) you should have a working copy in dev mode.
Like what we're doing?