devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821701 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3780 on: October 07, 2014, 09:01:14 AM »

Thanks! I use most of them right away. Only for the ice boots/clothes I want to add something little more about how unpleasant they are, because these are a real deal, dropped from Ice girls at frozen cavern

No problem. As for the Ice Set, I saw your WIP, but was on a roll so I scribed something for them also.

It's just that I am so unconfident in writing normal stories, that I'm clinging to the visual stuff like these

If you have an idea, or just outline of mayor points in the story line, throw me your thoughts and I will come up with couple of possible scenarios. Shit… even if you want to open two wormholes in the sky and throw in Gandams vs Dragonball Chars that finally got killed by Papa Smurf in Punisher style, I will make that happen. Just give me something to work with.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3781 on: October 07, 2014, 10:33:32 AM »
I was only wondering about selecting (manually, it's not suitable for all girls so I don't believe it could be randomized with good result) some images to be not used for profile/jobs until reaching some condition in game, like rank 6, service>200, love status etc.
I don't wanna. I'd rather create more packs than make existing ones perfect. Maybe years later, after I'll make all packs I want  :)
Not to mention that only very popular characters have enough pics to be so picky. In some cases I'm happy when I have 2 pics per category.

Or use the system to switch girl appearance image sets, like between schoolgirl and magical girl look for maho shoujo series or something like saber/sakura to saber alter/dark sakura in Fate, because that could have some event potential.
Well, we have transformed tag iirc. I don't know how else we could make it generic enough for everyone.

If you have an idea, or just outline of mayor points in the story line, throw me your thoughts and I will come up with couple of possible scenarios.
I do  :)
Story connection with original WM would be a cool easter egg. Just don't post it here, send it via pm.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3782 on: October 07, 2014, 11:05:12 AM »
I don't wanna. I'd rather create more packs than make existing ones perfect. Maybe years later, after I'll make all packs I want  :) 
I bit different from me then, right now I'm actually coloring a manga page so I can create a girl I want that normally doesn't have enough sex images  :D screw the effectiveness!   
But it has been pretty much decided already (twice now  :)  ) that we wouldn't do this, and I'm ok with that.

Well, we have transformed tag iirc. I don't know how else we could make it generic enough for everyone.
Yup, I think I used that one in Sailor Moon packs (just on a whim that time). I good example of a tag that I have no clue whatsoever on what to use it for.
---------------------------

If you have an idea, or just outline of mayor points in the story line, throw me your thoughts and I will come up with couple of possible scenarios.
Ok, I ask when I'm stuck with something.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:38:46 AM by CherryWood »

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3783 on: October 07, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »
Hi!
We can automate this process if there is demand for this in the future.
Let's see... allowing the user to define different image sets is simple, the question is how to handle them.
How accessible are the conditions for triggering a set switch from character scripts (an event system would be optimal)? Can you send me a sample script with a few possible triggers?
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3784 on: October 07, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
Hi!Let's see... allowing the user to define different image sets is simple, the question is how to handle them.
How accessible are the conditions for triggering a set switch from character scripts (an event system would be optimal)? Can you send me a sample script with a few possible triggers?
Have fun!

Python script in the game, nothing will be required from the tagger save the possible ("tag_set_1", ..., "tag_set_n") tags.
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3785 on: October 07, 2014, 04:11:07 PM »
Hi!
Python script in the game, nothing will be required from the tagger save the possible ("tag_set_1", ..., "tag_set_n") tags.
... which is exactely what I'd like to avoid: Additional unnecessary tags. In order to design an alternative, I need to have some sample scripts.

My question stands.
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3786 on: October 08, 2014, 03:56:54 AM »
Hi!... which is exactely what I'd like to avoid: Additional unnecessary tags. In order to design an alternative, I need to have some sample scripts.

My question stands.
Have fun!

It could be something as simple as:

Code: [Select]
change_tag_group(character, group)
expand_tag_group(character, group)
reduce_tag_group(character, group)

The trouble is to figure out how to determine the "group". Best option I could come up with was with tags which would allow a lot of freedom for modders. I doubt this will be used widely, tags relevant to this can be hidden in the tagger or on some separate tab...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3787 on: October 08, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
I want to remind you about our plans to make a nonweapon weapon type available to everyone and anywhere, including slaves. I'm gonna add those awesome Pinkutako's items strarting with dildo sword.

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3788 on: October 08, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
Hi!
The trouble is to figure out how to determine the "group". Best option I could come up with was with tags which would allow a lot of freedom for modders. I doubt this will be used widely, tags relevant to this can be hidden in the tagger or on some separate tab...
Determining the group isn't really the problem here, the real issue are the conditions under which each group is applied.

Essentially, I'd like to handle both directly from the tagger, but adding tags for groups and conditions (while possible) would be a mess because they don't work like normal tags. Instead, I could generate the relevant parts of the script automatically (or do something else that I can't come up with without knowing how your event system works).
That's why I requested a complete sample script with a condition to change the tag set.
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3789 on: October 08, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »
I want to remind you about our plans to make a nonweapon weapon type available to everyone and anywhere, including slaves. I'm gonna add those awesome Pinkutako's items strarting with dildo sword.

Noted, I'll try to make a new "TODO list before the next release" when I get a chance.

Hi!Determining the group isn't really the problem here, the real issue are the conditions under which each group is applied.

Essentially, I'd like to handle both directly from the tagger, but adding tags for groups and conditions (while possible) would be a mess because they don't work like normal tags. Instead, I could generate the relevant parts of the script automatically (or do something else that I can't come up with without knowing how your event system works).
That's why I requested a complete sample script with a condition to change the tag set.
Have fun!

I don't quite follow, conditions in this are not something predetermined, at any point during event/quest/storyline a content created will be able to use those lines and add/remove/change imagebase for any character. To me this should be done with tags as it allows full and complete control. I cannot even imagine how it can be done from tagger and not the game.

"Group tags" would (logically) work like normal tags that are used to filter image groups in the game.

Tagger should be moddable through json right? Modders can simply script/add this in themselves in tagger and game. We don't know the real demand for this either, I expect people would like to create events/stories/quests after I write a "how to" guide showing how easy it is but this is a pretty complex feature for "average modder" and I can always help out "advanced modders" if they are creating some kickass content. Off the top of my head I can name 10 - 15 functions that "could be useful to a modder", give me few hours and I can come up with a few hundred useful, simplifying functions but before we see people outside of core dev team investing time into games content like they do for SM for example, there is no way of knowing which of these hundreds functions is sensible to actually code in. That's why I said "We'll automate it if/when there is demand for it".
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3790 on: October 08, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
Hi!
I don't quite follow, conditions in this are not something predetermined, at any point during event/quest/storyline a content created will be able to use those lines and add/remove/change imagebase for any character. To me this should be done with tags as it allows full and complete control. I cannot even imagine how it can be done from tagger and not the game.
I see your point, I guess I just misunderstood the original plan. I thought CW wanted to have trigger based set switches.
As you explained it, he just wants to use special image groups in custom content, is that correct?

If it is, then using normal tags is fine, but as DarkTI suggested, the transformed tag can be used as long as there is no demand for multiple sets.
Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:14:30 PM by livingforever »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3791 on: October 08, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »
Hi!I see your point, I guess I just misunderstood the original plan. I thought CW wanted to have trigger based set switches.
As you explained it, he just wants to use special image groups in custom content, is that correct?

If it is, then using normal tags is fine, but as DarkTI suggested, the transformed tag can be used as long as there is no demand for multiple sets.
Have fun!

Correct, it's a bit more than that since he wants to limit some images before a specific point in storyline is reached but the logic is exactly the same. Transform tag is exactly what we're talking about but it might not be enough on it's own (in case of several groups and/or potential use of it in the game as it's an "official tag").
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3792 on: October 09, 2014, 05:08:10 AM »

At my revision of code, slaves can equip all kinds of weapons just not participate in combat or train for it. Should I disable them equipping normal weapons and auto-equipping for combat because what you requested seems possible atm.

Another thing, should we add not just "none-weapon" but something like service-tool/sex-tool/training-tool and etc? Would be potentially useful for auto-equip methods and "Broom" can count as a weapon by the same logic for service as Dildo Sword counts for sex?

I am not going to code this until this is discussed a bit... maybe we should allow "small weapon" non weapon types as well, like feather duster for example...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3793 on: October 09, 2014, 05:56:34 AM »
Noted, I'll try to make a new "TODO list before the next release" when I get a chance.

Planz:         *(even Napoleon would be jealous :D)

(Do tell if I forgot something)

Items (None_Weapon Types + Slaves Equipping Weapons):
Code: Alex
Content: Dark

Short Game Intro (Minor World Introduction):
Content: Klaus, Dark

Hero Setup Screen (Better customization, more options, simple background stories (Gismo is working on a setup)):
Content: Gismo, Klaus
Balance: Dark, Alex
Graphics: Gismo

Tagger (Java):
Code: living
Setup: living, Dark, CW
Content: CW, Dark, living (packs revision)

Tags Concept (Revised):
Content: CW/living/Dark
Code (any required adaptation in the game): CW/Alex

SlaveTraining (Building  Assignment direct screen, On spot training, chained Next Day training, balancing, Jail):
Code: Thewlis
Content: Dark, Alex, Thewlis, …CW/lamoli?
Balancing: Dark

Conversation/Actions Unification (should have a similar (or same) setup to what Thewlis did for Actions in locations + labels should be adapted accordingly (if so required)):
Code: Alex/Thewlis
Content: Dark/CW/Klaus/Alex
*Note Darks partner pick request

Graphics Improvement/Normalization (as Gismo makes more and more graphical elements, game screen should be styled and adapted to them in case there will be no time to customize them laterz):
Graphics: Gismo
Content: Gismo, Alex, CW

Content (Events/Quests/Location/Stories and etc.):
Code (when/if required): Alex, Thewlis
Content: All hands on deck.
*Try to split a city in thee (four?) quarters

Descriptions for Elements:
Content: Klaus (already finished)

Taxes (Improvement/Expantion):
Balance: Dark

Difficulties (Post Next release?):
Balance: Dark, Betatesters

Other:
Review Next Day reports after close
Enable Charm/Healing/Poison Skillz in the BE
Better Arena integration into main game
Reduce Amount of Brothels + Put them on the map/Rename?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:00:06 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3794 on: October 09, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »

Planz:         *(even Napoleon would be jealous )

Truly a humble man!

Other:
 Better Arena integration into main game

Unlocking unique weapons and armors at certain fame lvl. This was mentioned earlier, but wining slave girls also could be an option. Maybe a special event once every 90 days to win them  in a tournament against other fighter. Or gaining access to extra places, unique explore locations. Also getting some unique girls to approach/have quest/hook up with the  MC after he is famous enough or he kills a certain monster in the arena.   

Other:
 Reduce Amount of Brothels + Put them on the map/Rename?

Reducing maybe not. If there will be new town(s), they can be relocated there. Also the number of brothels in Towns could be set at max 2-3.

Putting them on map - I'm against that. The town maps are already small and packed with places to explore and meet girls. Throwing MC brothels on the map would just bring unneeded density on the map.