Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821309 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3960 on: November 08, 2014, 05:28:47 AM »
Shouldn't they be limited by team's average level or something?

Prolly, no sense in them capturing characters that are a lot stronger than themselves.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3961 on: November 08, 2014, 07:30:53 AM »
PyTFall opening text - let's scratch this for now(make a place holder “slaves on right, free girl on the left and You in the middle of this shit. Have fun!” in the code for later). Because the game will grow and with every new thing the intro should be adjust or rewritten. Doing this thing X times is a waste of time in my opinion.

Darks Interaction Lines
– focusing on helping Dark with filling the blank spots. For details and deadlines I will be PM with Dark.

MC background/start up bonuses
– with the new stats remake (that I like), tell me how you want this to work. Should they be one time bonuses or can they also modify the growth of the MC stats?

For example, from the livingforever request of “spoiled brat” I thought that this background could be: a rotten, spoiled son of a Duke, that he hadn’t even wipe his own ass once his life time. His father having enough of his son, sends him off to start living on his own. Starting bonus 250 000 gold but all stats (min/max) 0/20 and the growth 1/1 for every level up. 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3962 on: November 08, 2014, 07:55:40 AM »
MC background/start up bonuses [/b]– with the new stats remake (that I like), tell me how you want this to work. Should they be one time bonuses or can they also modify the growth of the MC stats?

For example, from the livingforever request of “spoiled brat” I thought that this background could be: a rotten, spoiled son of a Duke, that he hadn’t even wipe his own ass once his life time. His father having enough of his son, sends him off to start living on his own. Starting bonus 250 000 gold but all stats (min/max) 0/20 and the growth 1/1 for every level up.

... Do we want stuff like this? I can code this in without too much fuss (this particular example) but it will take (some) time.

I don't know m8... this is something we need to discuss. Also keep in mind that you can write one sentence of bonuses that will require hundreds of lines of code :D

Stuff that is reasonably easy to add:

*Gold
*Stats
*Items
*Max/Level Max (This is really powerful, be careful with it)
*Buildings/Shelter
*Girls (with "simple" conditioning)
*Experience (might not be a good idea)
*Relations (small starting disposition bonuses/penalties for girls (available at the start of the game for girlsmeets) (like for Warrior girls or Prostitutes or girls that have specific trait and etc))
*Prolly more but I can't think of anything atm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3963 on: November 08, 2014, 08:20:20 AM »

*Gold
*Stats
*Items
*Buildings/Shelter
*Relations (small starting disposition bonuses/penalties for girls (available at the start of the game for girlsmeets) (like for Warrior girls or Prostitutes or girls that have specific trait and etc))
I like  :)

I see no reason why we should care about balancing starts, if someone want easy start with 250 000 gold, why not?
I'd like to see a hardcore start when you begin injured and robbed of everything with 0 gold!

Something like pack of gifts would be a great starting item for someone like me who want to use free girls from the start.
Permission to arena or being friendly with some NPC could be also an option (discount in shop perhaps?)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:32:34 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3964 on: November 08, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »
I like  :)

I see no reason why we should care about balancing starts, if someone want easy start with 250 000 gold, why not?
I'd like to see a hardcore start when you begin injured and robbed of everything with 0 gold!

Something like pack of gifts would be a great starting item for someone like me who want to use free girls from the start.
Permission to arena or being friendly with some NPC could be also an option (discount in shop perhaps?)

Arena permit is a very good option, we don;t have relationships with NPCs yet. Gifts are a good bet as well, I am just not sure about what kind of a story should go with that... robbing thing is nice but it seems too severe :D

*We do need to make sure that starts don't break game experience...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3965 on: November 08, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »
MC background/start up bonuses [/b]– with the new stats remake (that I like), tell me how you want this to work. Should they be one time bonuses or can they also modify the growth of the MC stats?

Before I forget, you need to pick icons for this stuff as well... also try to keep to Gismos setup, lets finish that first (it would already by an unreasonable amount of starts).

Do you have dropbox access? We have a lot of graphical resources there?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3966 on: November 08, 2014, 08:46:25 AM »
robbing thing is nice but it seems too severe :D
C'moon, we already put a loads of RPG stuff in the game, starting with cleaning the blood of arena walls so you can earn for your first sword, what could be more heroic start?  :)  I'm thinking of adding event where you can beg the beggar girl to show you a place to sleep so you wound't die after a few days from loosing HP on each next day without accommodation  :) 

----------
btw. most weapons and armors are too cheap right now, it's still very easy to just buy the best stuff from all shops right of the bat and kick almost everyone's ass in arena on first weak, earning thousands. Not sure where to start the balancing though.

----------
I'm looking for some training ground BG, or some similar place where to watch practice and talk with warriors from arena, I was without luck so far, do you guys have any tips? (screenshotting some anime perhaps)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:59:15 AM by CherryWood »

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3967 on: November 08, 2014, 09:00:32 AM »
... Do we want stuff like this? I can code this in without too much fuss (this particular example) but it will take (some) time.

I don't know m8... this is something we need to discuss. Also keep in mind that you can write one sentence of bonuses that will require hundreds of lines of code :D

*Gold
*Stats
*Items
*Buildings/Shelter

That’s why I’m asking. What can I use, that you will be coding in not making a living hell for you at same time.

I would like to give mages some starting lvl 1 spells and higher stats responsible for magic skills. Myabe some necklace, ring or stuff. And make the classes more general, or go with an Ice Mage (auto align with Water element) or Evil Magister (align with Darkness)?

For warriors: bodyguards, arena fighter and similar: strength and toughest would be higher than any other classes, also an armor and a weapon for staring bonus. Hooking up in this category another subclass: assassins (more agile then warriors but not that much buffed with strength and toughnest)

Question.
Will there be “pick your alignment” on creating the MC or all start with Neutral?

Can I give out renown/reputation as bonuses?

Will the MC stats will be responsible for the same things or some changes/new stats?

What do you thing about growth modifying?

Warriors would growth more in physical, Magician more with spiritual stats, some Merchants and similar classes higher charisma, Nobles more in reputation. Of course there would be crossovers like:

Noble Dueler – boost in reputation, agility and strength but charisma and toughest would be under an average growth rate.
Average Joe – nothing special about him. All stats growth at the same rate.

Before I forget, you need to pick icons for this stuff as well... also try to keep to Gismos setup, lets finish that first (it would already by an unreasonable amount of starts).

Do you have dropbox access? We have a lot of graphical resources there?

I was planning to throw in 4-6 subclasses for Gismos 4 mains. So it would be 16 at least. Also I was thinking about Misc class with some more crazy/funny approaches (don’t know Rogue Clown? And no legged pirate – I got hook up on this one xD)

Yeah I have access to the dropbox and will browse for potential icons. But my hands are full in upcoming weeks, having only Sundays off for myself and a next longer breather around X-mas-New year.

EDIT:
C'moon, we already put a loads of RPG stuff in the game, starting with cleaning the blood of arena walls so you can earn for your first sword, what could be more heroic start?  :)  I'm thinking of adding event where you can beg the beggar girl to show you a place to sleep so you wound't die after a few days from loosing HP on each next day without accommodation  :) 
Love this idea! If you don’t have any ideas for the startup, here you go: shipwreck, escaped convict, previous slave, addict gambler after losing it all.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:13:14 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3968 on: November 08, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »
robbing thing is nice but it seems too severe
What are you, casual? Git gud, scrub!  :)

btw. most weapons and armors are too cheap right now, it's still very easy to just buy the best stuff from all shops right of the bat and kick almost everyone's ass in arena on first weak, earning thousands. Not sure where to start the balancing though.
I'm not a big fan of huge sums out of nowhere. Prices were set on condition that you need at least about 10-15 gold/per day for food and more if you want a shelter of some kind. I'd rather reduce initial gold and income.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3969 on: November 08, 2014, 09:28:10 AM »
Question.
Will there be “pick your alignment” on creating the MC or all start with Neutral?

Can I give out renown/reputation as bonuses?

Will the MC stats will be responsible for the same things or some changes/new stats?

There is, Angela (pretty NPC near Mages Tower) is helping MC with picking his first alignment for free.

Alignments and magic skills (spells) are also very easy to add at the start (forgot them in the list).

Yes you can as  fame/reputation are simple stats but keep in mind that they are useless or close to useless at the moment.

No idea, MC stats work exactly the same way as all other stats, just sex stats are different (MC has just one) so whatever we changes we make, they will count for MC as well...

What do you thing about growth modifying?

Warriors would growth more in physical, Magician more with spiritual stats, some Merchants and similar classes higher charisma, Nobles more in reputation. Of course there would be crossovers like:

Noble Dueler – boost in reputation, agility and strength but charisma and toughest would be under an average growth rate.
Average Joe – nothing special about him. All stats growth at the same rate.

Nothing yet... I don't think we need growth modifier because:

We already have MAXIMUM stats system that can clearly distinguish a warrior from Casanova.
It is not very easy for MC to gain stats, meaning someone who's focused on the Arena will not have much AP left for girlsmeets for example.
At the moment, there is actually very limited difference between MC classes and we don't really know what the future will hold.
We'll have to revisit bonuses regardless of what we do (new modules will come with new classes and new skills)

*I think we should limit this for starting stats for now...

I was planning to throw in 4-6 subclasses for Gismos 4 mains. So it would be 16 at least. Also I was thinking about Misc class with some more crazy/funny approaches (don’t know Rogue Clown? And no legged pirate – I got hook up on this one xD)

Yeah I have access to the dropbox and will browse for potential icons. But my hands are full in upcoming weeks, having only Sundays off for myself and a next longer breather around X-mas-New year.

Yeah... but that's insane. Not only is it too much, it is bound to become quite repetitive and lets face it, 16 * 6 * 2 = 192 possible combinations (you can have less than 6 but 2 personal pathes is a requirement).

Lets do the 4 * 6 * 2 (they can be repetitive as well btw) for the first version (tops!).

Oki

This is the code, it's in the pyt - screens - mc-setup.rpy file. Work with it directly, add one more description, test it and try committing/pushing it yourself.

First bit is about the family (on the left). Second bit is about the MC (on the right).

You can copy stuff you want to reuse like:

Code: [Select]
mc_stories["Warrior"] = mc_stories["Merchant"]
would work. It might be useful if you want to reuse MC stories for different family trees.

Code: [Select]
        mc_stories = {} # Main Dictionary

mc_stories["Merchant"] = {} # Merchant:
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["header"] = "Your father was a great merchant"
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["Caravan"] = "{font=fonts/rubius.ttf}\n Maybe he didn't have own shop, but his caravan provides the city all necessary goods. Luck was on his side, he amassed considerable wealth, grateful friends, but also powerful enemies.\n Anticipating trouble, he left you at home. And on this day, luck deserted him. Caravan was looted. All people were killed and the father was gone.\n {color=#1E90FF}({/color}{color=#FFD700}+15k gold{/color}{color=#1E90FF},{/color}{color=#8470FF} +Intelligence{/color}{color=#1E90FF},{/color}{color=#DEB887} +Constitution{/color}{color=#1E90FF},{/color}{color=#00FA9A} +Luck{/color}{color=#1E90FF}){/color}"
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["choices"] = OrderedDict(Caravan="content/gfx/interface/images/wagon35.png",
                                                                                       Farm="content/gfx/interface/images/hay35.png",
                                                                                       Ranch="content/gfx/interface/images/ranch35.png",
                                                                                       Mine="content/gfx/interface/images/Mine37.png",
                                                                                       Shopkeeper="content/gfx/interface/images/shop36.png",
                                                                                       Smuggler="content/gfx/interface/images/smuggler35.png",
                                                                                       Shipmaster="content/gfx/interface/images/shipmaster35.png",
                                                                                       Moneychanger="content/gfx/interface/images/coin30.png")

mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"] = {} # Merchant Family MC personal choices:
        for key in mc_stories["Merchant"]["choices"]: # We create new dicts for all keys to avoid errors
            mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"][key] = {}
            mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"][key]["choices"] = OrderedDict()
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"]["Caravan"]["choices"] = OrderedDict(l="Defender",
                                                                                                                   l_img="content/gfx/interface/images/Warrior2.png",
                                                                                                                   l0="Sword",
                                                                                                                   l0_img="content/gfx/interface/images/sword1.bmp",
                                                                                                                   l1="Woman",
                                                                                                                   l1_img="content/gfx/interface/images/woman2.png",
                                                                                                                   l2="Money Bag",
                                                                                                                   l2_img="content/gfx/interface/images/money_bag3.png",
                                                                                                                   r="Caravan",
                                                                                                                   r_img="content/gfx/interface/images/caravan.png",
                                                                                                                   r0="Book",
                                                                                                                   r0_img="content/gfx/interface/images/book1.png",
                                                                                                                   r1="Boots",
                                                                                                                   r1_img="content/gfx/interface/images/boots1.png",
                                                                                                                   r2="Bag",
                                                                                                                   r2_img="content/gfx/interface/images/bag2.png")
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"]["Defender"] = {} # Sub sub choices, Main: Caravan (Could theoretically be anything), sub = Defender
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"]["Defender"]["header"] = "Defender of the caravan"
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"]["Defender"]["text"] = "Acting as a security guard at the father's caravan, you have gained some experience in the weapons handling. You become a little bit stronger and hardier {color=#1E90FF}({/color}{color=#E9967A}+Defence{/color}{color=#1E90FF},{/color}{color=#DEB887} + Constitution{/color}{color=#1E90FF}){/color}"
        mc_stories["Merchant"]["MC"]["Defender"]["Sword"] = "You cut down many heads with your favourite sword 'Bettie' {color=#1E90FF}({/color}{color=#FFD700}+Sword{/color}{color=#1E90FF},{/color} {color=#CD5C5C}+Attack{/color}{color=#1E90FF}){/color}"

mc_stories["Warrior"] = {}
        mc_stories["Warrior"]["choices"] = OrderedDict()
        mc_stories["Warrior"]["MC"] = {}
        mc_stories["Scholar"] = {}
        mc_stories["Scholar"]["choices"] = OrderedDict()
        mc_stories["Noble"] = {}
        mc_stories["Noble"]["choices"] = OrderedDict()
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3970 on: November 08, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »
I'm not a big fan of huge sums out of nowhere. Prices were set on condition that you need at least about 10-15 gold/per day for food and more if you want a shelter of some kind. I'd rather reduce initial gold and income.

Yeah well... now we prolly can. We gave mc cash to buy the first building/girl/items, if we now handle that with stories (Arena Fighter/Brothel Manager/Guild Manager and etc. we can limit the amount of starting cash.) But in all likelihood that sh!t will be very difficult/time consuming to balance out.

Ok, time to write a couple lines of code :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3971 on: November 08, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
Arena income is just nuts, I just won 4k gold at lv one in a 1v1 dogfight with normal equip  :)  But that's aside, compared to normal job earnings, I think that prices of low/quality and common items are relatively fine, but as items gets better, the price should increase much more the it do now. More like quadratic progression. Compared to how much  leveled girls earn, I thing we are too reserved in there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:48:51 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3972 on: November 08, 2014, 09:50:50 AM »
Arena income is just nuts, I just won 4k gold at lv one in a 1v1 dogfight with normal equip  :)

Would need to be fixed before the release.

More like quadratic progression.

I only know arithmetic and geometric ones...

Something with the quality of Excalibur shouldn't cost less then a good house in my option  :)

LoL It really should (although I don't know the real stats of that sword).
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3973 on: November 08, 2014, 10:05:47 AM »
nah, sorry, I didn't really wanted to complain about balance at this point. I myself putted mobs into SE without any real testing about how strong or weak they are, so they must be totally off the charts.

I'm trying to play the game a little to get hang on the new training stuff and to think about tags again, but I didn't really get any new ideas on that. It's the thing bothering me the most (cause it's preventing making girlpacks) but I'm too unsure about the whole thing to do something about it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:38:53 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3974 on: November 08, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »
Sorry to say, but after your last update some buttons groups like "praise" or "proposition" and few more disappeared from interactions

Alright, I've got the system working again. Changed how actions conditions solved complex statements and forgot to update them all. I'll push it after I recolour the actions that open sub-menus so they're obvious.

I've also written an explanation of the classes and logic used for action conditions at the start of the classes - actions.rpy file. If you need to write a condition for an action or want to use it for something else (as they are basically delayed if statements) then check it out.