devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821210 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4095 on: November 19, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »
I've updated stats and fixed the AP/Next Day in the top strip.

We already have a working skills system, but it cannot yet be modified through xml/items/traits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4096 on: November 20, 2014, 01:47:51 AM »
Shackles is a decent idea that I didn't consider but I don't want a simple beach event to turn into checking if a girl is shackled or not either (for example).
Then make it simple: the same law that forbids slaves to use weapons also forces a slave whose training is not approved by the guild (ie not "broken") wear shackles outside of dungeon/prison. The moment you allow untrained slave to exit dungeon she gets shackles, no questions asked. There even could be various shackles, for both feet and hands, and you can choose which one to equip. But you can't remove them completely outside of dungeons.

I think it's still less farfetched than remove them from city completely.

Shackles could have major penalties to stimulate players to get rid of them, ie train slaves.
And we probably should not let unbroken slaves to work, unless by work we mean bdsm action where slave is securely fixed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:17:32 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4097 on: November 20, 2014, 04:54:20 AM »
Then make it simple: the same law that forbids slaves to use weapons also forces a slave whose training is not approved by the guild (ie not "broken") wear shackles outside of dungeon/prison. The moment you allow untrained slave to exit dungeon she gets shackles, no questions asked. There even could be various shackles, for both feet and hands, and you can choose which one to equip. But you can't remove them completely outside of dungeons.

I think it's still less farfetched than remove them from city completely.

Shackles could have major penalties to stimulate players to get rid of them, ie train slaves.
And we probably should not let unbroken slaves to work, unless by work we mean bdsm action where slave is securely fixed.

I'll think about it, still shackles are likely both more coding and less convenience...+ it breaks (partly) once of game's concepts where slaves should be dressed as commoners (same as in Rome) for fear that they realize their true numbers and rebel.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4098 on: November 20, 2014, 09:26:46 AM »
Only untrained slaves should wear them. I suspect they are mostly located in dungeons/slave markets/prisons and rarely leave them. Majority of slaves outside of dungeons are trained, thus dressed as commoners.
More coding for sure. But I don't see how is it less convenient than lock them away forever (except for less coding, yeah).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:41:06 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4099 on: November 20, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
Only untrained slaves should wear them. I suspect they are mostly located in dungeons/slave markets/prisons and rarely leave them. Majority of slaves outside of dungeons are trained, thus dressed as commoners.
More coding for sure. But I don't see how is it less convenient than lock them away forever (except for less coding, yeah).

Ok... I'll try to put a few hours into stats/skills later tonight, this will have to wait.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4100 on: November 20, 2014, 05:03:01 PM »
SF Updated:

- More base code for skills system
- Some QFs and hacks to keep the game running while we adapt to new system (most error will be written to devlog)
- Items fields that add magic spells were renamed to add_be_spells/remove_be_spells (old names were to easiely confused with mod_skills

*More detailed explanation in Stats thread.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4101 on: November 27, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
Completely unrelated to PyTFall, but still very amusing :)

I am always looking to buy new hardware when they offer great xmass deals (new monitor, printer and laptop (mine died a while back) this holidays at very least) when I ran into this:

link

These are pictures (and one of them clearly has a model on it) of a printer that is seemingly incapable of printing in color :D I had some trouble believing it but that seems to be the case... I wonder how they're getting away with it due to all the new counter "sh!tty and m!sleading adverts" EU laws. Is it a loophole, plain stupidity or dishonest company (shouldn't be the case with me being a fan of Samsung...)?
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #4102 on: November 27, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
Nah, it's a color printer for colorblind people. No misleading ads here.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4103 on: November 27, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »
Nah, it's a color printer for colorblind people. No misleading ads here.

LoL, that would actually make some sense, maybe there is a super small print stating that somewhere  ::)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4104 on: December 04, 2014, 04:04:17 PM »
SE updated:

- Update Thewlis.
- Some new (untested) code that manages girls caught in the SE.
- Training by Blue, Selloff, Auto-Selloff... and etc.

and etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MonkeyBoo

« Reply #4105 on: December 06, 2014, 08:35:10 AM »
So any chance of having a game update this Christmas?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4106 on: December 06, 2014, 01:01:39 PM »
So any chance of having a game update this Christmas?

Not likely :(

Still too much of TODO list is not finished. Two obstacles at this moment are:

- Skills system that was implemented but the game hasn't caught up with that yet (items, traits, jobs still use the old code).
- We're using new tags loading system in the dev team while all of the packs are still using old one.

Rest would not prevent the release but would be a bit of a buzz kill (lack of content, some unfinished stuff and etc.). I doubt tags + skills can be finished by XMass. All of whats planned certainly can't.
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #4107 on: December 06, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »
Hi!
- We're using new tags loading system in the dev team while all of the packs are still using old one.
Let's say it like this: Getting the tagger done in a week would be no problem if you'd pay me. Since you don't (which is obviously a good choice), there are lots of other priorities for me at the moment, especially since christmas is approaching.
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4108 on: December 06, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
Hi!Let's say it like this: Getting the tagger done in a week would be no problem if you'd pay me. Since you don't (which is obviously a good choice), there are lots of other priorities for me at the moment, especially since christmas is approaching.
Have fun!

Pretty much the same counts for all other elements of the game and people in dev team :)

+ It's not the issue of tagger, it's also the issue of new concept and massive retagging effort.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4109 on: December 07, 2014, 04:33:48 AM »
That's right, even with new tagger and ready concept it will take at least a month to tag and retag all existing packs.