Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821638 times)

Offline livingforever

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4200 on: January 01, 2015, 03:55:23 PM »
Hi!
We can't do that for jobs like Stripper... it will be too time-consuming.
Please explain that.
Have fun!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4201 on: January 01, 2015, 03:59:09 PM »
From that new thread about another wm remake,
Will allow players to change the name of slaves and give free girls nicknames
That's actually a great idea.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4202 on: January 01, 2015, 04:31:41 PM »

Why display obvious stuff if it is apparent from the pics? I don't mind either way...

We can rename the trait? Like Great Mind or something? it doesn't mean that a character is particular smart since great mind can be wasted.

From that new thread about another wm remake,That's actually a great idea.

That's not a problem, I'll cook up a screen tonight.

Please explain that.

We'll have a lot more jobs soon enough and making a rank per occupation is not acceptable, that's too much work.

We'll make ranks for general industries, stripper does not fit there. We have these four ranks because original concept only assumed four occupations.
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #4203 on: January 01, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »
Hi!
We'll have a lot more jobs soon enough and making a rank per occupation is not acceptable, that's too much work.
Uhm, yeah, of course, I already had that covered.
I think we can safely ignore the different jobs and stick with the general occupations for the rank names.

We'll make ranks for general industries, stripper does not fit there. We have these four ranks because original concept only assumed four occupations.
Prostitute
Warrior
Stripper
Service Girl
You're propably right that stripper is questionable because it's too specific, but entertainer (or variations) doesn't describe the job, it's too general.
Maybe seductress would be a good option here.
The other three are suitable though (imho), so we only need to add male versions for seductress and service girl.
Have fun!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4204 on: January 02, 2015, 04:54:06 AM »
Do we want traits like kind/malicious, or there will be alignment stat for girls too?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4205 on: January 02, 2015, 05:35:44 AM »
Do we want traits like kind/malicious, or there will be alignment stat for girls too?

Alignments for girls> Prolly on overkill...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4206 on: January 02, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »
If traits are no good, I can only think of something games like sims have - personality described by set of stats with a range (like 1 to 5) determining how communicative, logical, refined, aggressive,etc. that character is. Doesn't sound like a win either...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:14:35 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4207 on: January 02, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »
Nah, traits remain, they just become more general. Characters are not real people, they are not too complex.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4208 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
Yeah... we'll leave traits. We just need to split them in logical groups and clean them up. Like personality traits should be separated (and unified) and maybe even hidden from the player.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4209 on: January 02, 2015, 01:49:09 PM »
Should it be possible to set ranks in girls data files. Or, rather, can ranks even exist outside of MC's girls "community"? Like, can you find and hire high ranked girl?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4210 on: January 02, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
Should it be possible to set ranks in girls data files. Or, rather, can ranks even exist outside of MC's girls "community"? Like, can you find and hire high ranked girl?

If we go with ranks, it should absolutely be possible or ranks would not make any sense.

I still haven't got my head wrapped around all off it completely, for example ranks for warriors in the guild and prostitutes in the brothel make sense but ranks for service girls who clean or bartend, or strip seem less important. It's like we're coming up with yet another way to complicate development for ourselves.

I've started this whole thing with ranks for a sake of ST module. So we'd have at least some goals for trainers to instruct girls towards. But I can't fit it into the game as plainly as I hoped it would fit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #4211 on: January 02, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »
Hi!
I still haven't got my head wrapped around all off it completely, for example ranks for warriors in the guild and prostitutes in the brothel make sense but ranks for service girls who clean or bartend, or strip seem less important. It's like we're coming up with yet another way to complicate development for ourselves.
Correction: You are coming up with ways to overcomplicate things without adding any value. There is no good reason why the rank system shouldn't be applied for strippers and service girls.

I don't think it should.
The rank means the girl's status within your organization, you don't hire a supervisor unless you don't have a qualified person among your employees already.
A character that is sufficiently qualified should be able to advance very quickly anyway.
Have fun!

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4212 on: January 02, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »
I actually always thought that ranks are like more or less officialy earned status in the city that customers can orientate by. So lot of higher ranked girls existing in the city and having ranks for strippers and service girls didn't sounded wrong to me in the slightest...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:04:55 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Dusk

« Reply #4213 on: January 03, 2015, 03:50:57 AM »
You know, we always could use more pictures for backgrounds, both indoors and outdoors.
They should have high enough resolution (at least 1024x768, but more is better).

Here's a few examples of what I have saved:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/v80ahh.jpg (Interior - Mansion)
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ymyvjk.jpg (Outside - Night time)
http://oi61.tinypic.com/307uqgo.jpg (Outside - Underground City)
http://oi57.tinypic.com/6gd7o7.jpg (Interior - Shop)
http://oi62.tinypic.com/20zcz82.jpg (Outside - Castle)
http://oi61.tinypic.com/k1at5f.jpg (Beautiful Close-up portrait)
http://oi59.tinypic.com/4lllz7.jpg (NSFW - Kitten Cosplay)

If needed I can photoshop some unwanted words out of pictures or cut out certain characters.  However, it should be noted that my skills in photoshop are very limited and thus should not be heavily relied on.  All of these pictures can easily have the words removed and their characters cut out without much trouble or mess.  I can always supply more pictures and music if needed (however I should point out that I've neither drawn nor created any music I provide though some may have been tweaked by me).

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4214 on: January 03, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »
Yup, the two first pictures are what we need. Underground City is great too, though there is person standing on the left, but it could be removed easily.
Shop would be better without a clerk, castle is way too smeared and fuzzy compared to others.

We have no shortage of girls pictures though, both safe for work and naked  :)