Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821915 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4290 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:10 PM »
:) lol i see you implimented that before i got a chance to
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4291 on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »
:) lol i see you implimented that before i got a chance to

Loading the file, shuffling all the names and adding the name to random gils are 3 or 4 short lines of code in Python :)

Everything has it's own advantage.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4292 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:23 PM »

Well, if I can still fit her in then I'm ok with anything  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4293 on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »
Try... sf should be updated unless I messed something up.

It may be a good idea to pick smaller font size for long strings. We do that at a number of places already in order not to breat gismo's graphics.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4294 on: January 08, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »
And please check with my json example if you redesign the girls so there are no mixups with xml fields. I think only id is actully required to add the character to the game and then add everything else with script but I have never tested that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4295 on: January 09, 2015, 06:08:34 AM »
I wonder if skills should go not from 0, but from minus infinity.
For cases when character is not just knows nothing, but especially bad at something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4296 on: January 09, 2015, 06:44:54 AM »
I wonder if skills should go not from 0, but from minus infinity.
For cases when character is not just knows nothing, but especially bad at something.

I'll try to figure out if this messed anything up... it's likely possible but once again, a small complication that can be avoided :) We are getting too many of those...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4297 on: January 09, 2015, 09:44:19 AM »
Adding:

- group
- bdsm
- dancing
- bartending
- cleaning
- waiting
- management
- exploration
- teaching

To skillz.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4298 on: January 09, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
Btw we could live without it if it will be possible to set all skills parameters in data jsons, not only value itself. You know, like growth rate.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4299 on: January 09, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »
Btw we could live without it if it will be possible to set all skills parameters in data jsons, not only value itself. You know, like growth rate.

Pfffff....

Traits do that already, don't they? So do items.

Look... it's prolly just 5 or 6 lines of extra code and explanations to modders but we keep adding new sh!t to the game, that does the exact same thing that other game designs do. Large amount of traits are not an issue as long as we weed out important stuff like personality traits (which you did) and get rid of odd names like Genius. I suggest we add traits for this.

After a bit of consideration, I am also a bit against not allowing items mess with traits. Especially after all the trouble I went through coding a system that keeps track of "true" and "added" traits. Unless we find out that it makes the game worse (obviously).

Skills are added (I forgot that it's as simple as adding one string at this point). I'll prolly go crazy and try to add new skills replacing old stats throughout the game... it's a lot of code to go through, even with a good search function :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4300 on: January 09, 2015, 01:35:38 PM »
Oki, I'll do it via traits.
========================================================
Here is beta of my tagger.
32bit,   64bit.

I killed all bugs that I was able to find. It actually reads and writes tags now according to my huge list in tagging concept thread.
There are still some additional functions that I want to add, and some code cleaning is needed as well.

Here's the deal. After you open a folder with pictures, every time you select a file tagger reads tags and sets all flags according to them, if there are any known tags in the filename of course.
To save selected flags into the filename, you have to push save after you set all flags. Tagger will automatically give less possible index to file if needed.

There is still a possibility that file order will change after that since files are ordered by names. It's not an issue really, but it's inconvenient.
So in order to tag without such things I reccomend to use purge and normalize options. Purge resets all filenames in the current folder to pure indexes, use it only when you tag pictures from the scratch. Normalize does it only with pictures that are not tagged properly, ie hex index + known tags divided by "-", use it when you want to add new files to pack.

Reset tags removes all flags in gui, refresh refreshes file list if you need it because you manually changed something in the folder.

After the game will be able to read and interpret those tags, we can begin to retag stuff.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:45:40 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4301 on: January 09, 2015, 05:18:10 PM »
After the game will be able to read and interpret those tags, we can begin to retag stuff.

I left a few suggestions/requests in the tagging concept thread. After we made all the decisions, I'll write temporary code so the game can analyze which system is in use and load accordingly. When the retagging effort is complete, I'll just leave your code and add an option to "fix" database in a much faster binary file after modder is happy with the packs.

Phew... it's going slow but we're getting sh!t done :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4302 on: January 09, 2015, 05:32:48 PM »
Yup, I try this new tagset and tagger on few girls tomorrow and post my final thoughts about it.
After that I help with updating locations and jobs for it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4303 on: January 10, 2015, 02:08:36 PM »
I created a thread for tagger, don't miss your chance to read my pro tagger manual  ;D

Now I'm going to update traits files according to our new concept.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4304 on: January 10, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
I've moved the tagger to mods section, felt more like a correct place.

Updated SF, my last updated from yesterday didn't go through and today I just fixed some code to work with skills. Still a lot work to be done everywhere... one step at a time :)
Like what we're doing?