Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821827 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4395 on: January 25, 2015, 06:51:15 AM »
Tagged guilty gear pack.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4396 on: January 25, 2015, 07:20:53 AM »
Tagged guilty gear pack.

That's awesome... I better get something done as well. Once again decided to proceed with our own BE because I simply do not enjoy working with Jake's code and this is supposed to be fun :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4397 on: January 25, 2015, 07:44:16 AM »
We can calculate how long it will take. It's been 10 days since I started retagging, I tagged about 4000 pictures, thus about 400 per day.
Remaining unique characters have about 9500 pictures, random characters have 7100 pictures. So I'll need about 42 days more to complete everything.

Damn, at this point even help with tagging is welcomed  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4398 on: January 25, 2015, 07:53:10 AM »
We can calculate how long it will take. It's been 10 days since I started retagging, I tagged about 4000 pictures, thus about 400 per day.
Remaining unique characters have about 9500 pictures, random characters have 7100 pictures. So I'll need about 42 days more to complete everything.

Damn, at this point even help with tagging is welcomed  ::)

Maybe we can put a request for it or something... I am busy with getting the BE together.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4399 on: January 25, 2015, 08:15:25 AM »
Yup, gonna try it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4400 on: January 25, 2015, 08:59:30 AM »
Decent texts for events there. I mean attachments in the thread.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4401 on: January 26, 2015, 04:46:33 AM »
I probably have to write a more detailed guide for tagging, with examples, screenshots and hints. But it will be time consuming, I'm not sure it's worth it now, when I have 2 months of guaranteed work with packs and items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4402 on: January 26, 2015, 07:28:47 AM »
Fucking phone decided it was time to reboot just as was typing a reply and a large report on be progress... guess it was not meant to be...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4403 on: January 26, 2015, 09:06:11 AM »
It appears that our tags system and my tagging guide are more intuitive than I thought. People can understand them without being in the dev team for years  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4404 on: January 28, 2015, 09:16:24 AM »
Pooolka resurfaced after god knows how many years. His knew game (as expected from the original creator of SimBrothel, SlaveMaker and HHS) has a pool of great ideas. So far I especially like politics structure.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4405 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
Link?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4406 on: January 28, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
Link?

https://www.futanaripalace.com/showthread.php?58636-A-new-Pooolka-game-Seventh-Heaven-Guardian-Angel

I respect how he can create concepts that are catchy, fun and interesting almost effortlessly without worrying about rl comparisons or sense :D Game is raw but it's a lot of fun and feels fresh...
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #4407 on: January 28, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »
Hi!
First: FutunariPalace is login only. Here's a direct link.
Second: How exactely do you know that he is creating things effortlessly (especially given how it took several years for him to reappear)? How do you know that he is not worrying about comparisons and sense?
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4408 on: January 28, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »
First: FutunariPalace is login only. Here's a direct link.

True, but registration there does not require any special requirements like with some sites where you must have an invite from a longstanding member.

Second: How exactely do you know that he is creating things effortlessly (especially given how it took several years for him to reappear)? How do you know that he is not worrying about comparisons and sense?

Honestly, I just assumed. He is the creator of design that spawned many games and captured the minds of many people in the field including my own. I didn't even post a reply before I've tried the game and it was exactly what I've expected.

All and all, I conciser PyTFall design to be far superior to any of Poolka designs but his sh!t is based around pure content, it has always been. Like Akabur's designs (for example) are based around art, our designs are based around depth of logic and authenticity.

Maybe one day someone will take new concept and expand on it like they've done with HSS, Slavemaker and Slave Maker but my point is that it's a really decent game where almost no effort was made for it to make sense, be humanly possible/probable and still be fun to play :)

There are couple of thing there that I definitely not mind seeing in PyTFall.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4409 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:23 PM »
He creates a new concept, writes a simple game for it and forgets about it forever  ::)