Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821645 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4410 on: January 29, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »
He creates a new concept, writes a simple game for it and forgets about it forever  ::)

Yeap :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4411 on: January 29, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »
Retagged SAO and Full Metal Daemon. More than half of unique ones is done.

Even though we use portraits, it's still not enough for some characters. I had to delete Lodoss War pack for example, and I most likely will delete at least a couple of random ones.
However, I still have raw resources for random packs that I collected last spring, just like our random elves, but with humans.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4412 on: January 30, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »
Retagged small Seiken Densetsu pack today. Also, I received some help with tagging! Janmaba tagged queens blade pack, it's whopping 1080 pictures. Of course I need to make sprites and portraits first before uploading it, I don't wanna to force people to do it for us.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4413 on: February 01, 2015, 05:43:49 AM »
Uploaded Queen's Blade pack. I decided to drop Irma, she doesn't have enough pictures even for portraits. So we might as well rename Blue who uses her sprite to Irma. She has pretty much the same personality anyway (and she likes cats  ::) ). All Irma pictures can be used there too.

@Cherry, could you please answer my pm?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4414 on: February 01, 2015, 06:01:23 AM »
Uploaded Queen's Blade pack. I decided to drop Irma, she doesn't have enough pictures even for portraits. So we might as well rename Blue who uses her sprite to Irma. She has pretty much the same personality anyway (and she likes cats  ::) ). All Irma pictures can be used there too.

@Cherry, could you please answer my pm?

Ghm... I'd love to make her first NPC with a proper character class. Going to look into that when we'll start working on some actual content.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4415 on: February 01, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
- Just pushed Alpha version of the BE. You'll need to click Test D-Screen button or whatever it's called (One on the opposite side of "tagger"). Whoever is on your team will be used... Otherwise game will put Hinata and Nami (or crash if you don't have them). If you want to change row, go to character profile directly from girlslist screen and type:

Code: [Select]
chr.true_row = 0 # Backrow
chr.true_row = 1 # Frontrow.

If I have time tonight, I'll keep working on the BE...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4416 on: February 01, 2015, 12:09:16 PM »
Retagged Xenosaga pack.

Our mobs have portraits too. Might as well use them. Characters portraits will be on the left, battle log in the middle, mobs portraits with health bars on the right.

Offline STABInTheDarkness

« Reply #4417 on: February 01, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »
Any ETA on a new version release? I'm really interested in giving this project a go, but none of the old links work anymore, the ones to MEGA just stop at 30% or so and the torrent is having no seeds.

I really like the sound of the development from this thread though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4418 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »
No ETA, we still have too much to do before game can be released again. Torrent failed because of the tracker a about a month ago and for Mega you prolly just need browser plugins.
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #4419 on: February 01, 2015, 04:29:01 PM »
Hi!
Torrent failed because of the tracker a about a month ago
Well... I stopped seeding after reaching a share rate of 200. DHT only (trackerless torrent) should still work if people are still seeding.
Anyway, I won't create a new one until the next release (not worth it, obviously).
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4420 on: February 02, 2015, 04:30:32 AM »
My MEGA account was killed off due to hosting old WM AGL I presume... So now there are no more links for Alpha at all.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4421 on: February 02, 2015, 05:24:38 AM »
Was it in a password protected archive with encrypted file names? I hope it wasn't, otherwise we have a problem  :(

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4422 on: February 02, 2015, 05:47:03 AM »
Was it in a password protected archive with encrypted file names? I hope it wasn't, otherwise we have a problem  :(

Nope, AGL was ancient, those were all unencrypted, open archives. I lost some other files as well but that cannot be helped I suppose...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4423 on: February 02, 2015, 10:52:14 AM »
Fixed a small error in the tagger with "no bg" tag that was ignored by reading procedure because of a typo (not writing one though, there is no need to retag something because of it).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4424 on: February 03, 2015, 10:51:12 AM »
I didn't get anything done in the past two days due to work and trying to figure out what laptop to buy (finally).

I'll try to put in a few hours tonight, otherwise maybe on weekend...
Like what we're doing?