Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821654 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4545 on: April 01, 2015, 10:10:09 AM »
Thewlis's code is well commented, so it's not too hard to convert some training actions from SM and JoNT. Though I'm not sure if the module is completely ready or not.
However, since in theory we support any kind of packs, even without huge variety of bdsm pictures, we'll have to add some tricks. Like sounds of whip and maybe screen shaking instead of whipping picture, or prison bars sprite above backgroundless girls pictures. Something like that.

For SE I'd like to have some global map with various types of territory for a start, but I failed to find one, as well as all those people who tried to find or create one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4546 on: April 01, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »
Thewlis's code is well commented, so it's not too hard to convert some training actions from SM and JoNT. Though I'm not sure if the module is completely ready or not.
However, since in theory we support any kind of packs, even without huge variety of bdsm pictures, we'll have to add some tricks. Like sounds of whip and maybe screen shaking instead of whipping picture, or prison bars sprite above backgroundless girls pictures. Something like that.

I am not even sure what completely ready is for the module. Tricks as you describe shouldn't be hard to add. If you are planning to fill ST with content yourself, start somewhere small and make notes of what needs to be done/what needs to work differently. Thewlis should be able to code specific request in, I am not familiar with ST code atm.

For SE I'd like to have some global map with various types of territory for a start, but I failed to find one, as well as all those people who tried to find or create one.

I figure we can do without one for the next release... there is a lot of other stuff we can work on. Also we still have only the CW's areas, nothing else.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4547 on: April 01, 2015, 02:36:12 PM »

**Guys, I am going to flip resolution to 16:9 with my next push. Most screens will be messed up until we fix it but it'll be worth it in the end. No point in making new gen game using ancient resolution. I'll start by adjusting new Gismo's push and BE to work with new res. Rest of the plans will have to wait till tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4548 on: April 02, 2015, 05:58:34 AM »
I picked some weird "almost" 16:9 ratio used commonly in newer laptops... going to poll for a decent res and do over again.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4549 on: April 02, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »
I don't know where to look for exploration code used for fighters guild. There is a lot of old code for our initial forest maze SE and for tiles that you tried once, it's super confusing...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4550 on: April 02, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »
I don't know where to look for exploration code used for fighters guild. There is a lot of old code for our initial forest maze SE and for tiles that you tried once, it's super confusing...

Which part are you looking for? Code is split between fgmanagement, jobs and arena and exploration files.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4551 on: April 02, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »
We have a new chatroom :) Going to try it out tomorrow!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4552 on: April 03, 2015, 02:49:59 AM »
I'd like to know where is the code related to content, ie locations, items, mobs that you can find in SE.

Btw why do we have several icons for some of the elements that are seem to be picked randomly every time you need to show one? I mean, we could use those icons for some new elements, so we should keep them, but why are they used for the same element?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4553 on: April 03, 2015, 03:06:24 AM »
I'd like to know where is the code related to content, ie locations, items, mobs that you can find in SE.

Btw why do we have several icons for some of the elements that are seem to be picked randomly every time you need to show one? I mean, we could use those icons for some new elements, so we should keep them, but why are they used for the same element?

We have two icons per element and decided to use them randomly at some point in the past. I'll adapt the code when I can.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4554 on: April 05, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Some concepts Gismo came up with:

Thought I've post something cause with the new chat, our forum section is becoming a graveyard :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4555 on: April 05, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
Pushed first step to base traits and removed older dropdown screen (that still only in my version).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4556 on: April 06, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »
Note: Since we're using chat a lot, may I suggest that we try to post results of discussions in their respectable forum sections so we don't loose that/forget.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4557 on: April 06, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »

- Everything that doesn't have content will be insensitive
- Removed stats
- Trying out new font
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4558 on: April 07, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
A list of stuff needed for schools system:
- Skills support. With control whether theoretical and/or practical part of skill will be increased.
- Chance of decreasing other skills/stats during courses, also controled via the schools json.
- I forgot what are trainer and master skills levels  :)
- Checks for traits, if they are not supported yet, just like for occupation and disposition.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:34:59 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4559 on: April 08, 2015, 05:39:07 PM »
I've created a new data file for Hinata and restored initial leveling up system. Going to build up more logic for traits, elements and some other mechanics whenever I have free time for the next few days and maybe on weekend.
Like what we're doing?