devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821809 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4575 on: April 15, 2015, 04:22:25 AM »
Great, thanks :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4576 on: April 15, 2015, 04:41:24 AM »
Can you resize animation made via anim.Filmstrip? Basically, I have animation for teleportaion, but it's not as big as character sprite that should use it. I tried to use ProportionalScale in various places, but it refuses to work.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4577 on: April 15, 2015, 05:11:17 AM »
Can you resize animation made via anim.Filmstrip? Basically, I have animation for teleportaion, but it's not as big as character sprite that should use it. I tried to use ProportionalScale in various places, but it refuses to work.

ProportionalScale (being an image manipulator) will only work when you declare the image (will only work with imagelike displayable to be more precise), aka:

Code: [Select]
image teleport = anim.Filmstrip(ProportionalScale("path/img.png", 400, 400), *args, **kwargs)
=============
You should however do atl with zoom... If you are using normal image declarations and show them using default way (show img_tag), you can simply use atl to increase the size of displayable like:

show teleport:
    zoom 1.5

=============
Also, keep in mind that I have coded us a new CDD called FilmStrip that takes the same arguments as the former but is coded using modern Ren'Py capabilities (as opposed to anim.Filmstrip which is very old). Our CDD will not crop the image into smaller image-like displayable that are loaded into RAM and are being calculated using CPU and cashed taking up memory/eating up the performance. Instead it will create displayable that can and will be loaded directly into GPU saving resources and possibly proving MUCH better performance and smoother gameplay experience :)

image teleport = FilmStrip("path/img.png", *args, **kwargs)
is how you declare it.

args (arguments) and kwargs (keyword arguments) are exactly the same as in the old anim.Filmstrip since it logically does exactly the same thing... new argument is called reverse=False. If set to True, it will load the animation from last to first frame.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:15:11 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4578 on: April 15, 2015, 05:22:05 AM »
When did you pushed it? Right now I have   
image teleport = Filmstrip('content/gfx/images/Teleport.png', (256, 256), (4, 4), 0.1, loop=False)
NameError: name 'Filmstrip' is not defined
My bad, it should be FilmStrip. In delphi such things don't matter  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:23:59 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4579 on: April 15, 2015, 05:23:54 AM »
When did you pushed it? Right now I have   

S should be capital as well, all of BE animation are already using new CDD.

btw:

Teleport.png is perfectly fine in an event but for in-game stuff, please try to use lowercase (just for consistency).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:26:09 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4580 on: April 15, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
Small update )
- Next_Day event screen. Simple, maybe add some elements later.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4581 on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:48 AM »
Gismo, I have a request. We already have main personality traits and elements affinities (that will be traits too) that have icons, and quite big ones. It's also possible that more traits will have icons in the future, like class traits for sure.

Originally I wanted to show main personality traits icons next to girls names somewhere. But we might as well show classes icons there, they are even more informative. And in any case we need to show traits icons somehow, and not at a separate tab where everyone will ignore them.

I'm not really sure how to handle it, especially since not every trait will have an icon. For example, we could separate traits list into two parts, for major traits with icons and minor traits without. And we need place to show those icons next to traits themselves.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4582 on: April 16, 2015, 04:07:06 AM »
Originally I wanted to show main personality traits icons next to girls names somewhere. But we might as well show classes icons there, they are even more informative. And in any case we need to show traits icons somehow, and not at a separate tab where everyone will ignore them.

I'm not really sure how to handle it, especially since not every trait will have an icon. For example, we could separate traits list into two parts, for major traits with icons and minor traits without. And we need place to show those icons next to traits themselves.

All of the information that will be under the name will be small, because the more space it takes up less space in all other tabs. Classes/main personality traits information and icons - I can put them both, but then again, there will be small.

We have the right frame with character traits and effects. I don't know what will be going on display at the effects, but it can be assumed that this is just a character traits, but temporary (If this is about all sorts of poisons or buffs for a few days, etc.). And if this just description of the traits effects then everything is easier. All description moved to the ToolTip.

Then we free more space by removing the frame effects. And there's plenty of room for the small icons under each character traits.
For example, the positive and negative effects are always displayed first in the list. Then the class/battle traits. Then work/personality traits. We can choose different colors for each kind.
For each traits which has no icons will make one blank or neutral. First is filtered according to the method above and then filtered on the ones with icons (higher) and those without (lower).

I hope I have understood everything correctly  :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:33:09 AM by Gismo »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4583 on: April 16, 2015, 04:39:56 AM »
Iirc Xela wanted to remove ranks, since there will be traits replacing them. So we will have some free space right under girl name at her personal screen.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4584 on: April 16, 2015, 05:01:52 AM »
Yup, I said relying on this free space.
I like the ranks frame ) Can just put them in to info/pro stats tab?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4585 on: April 16, 2015, 06:10:32 AM »
Hm. There will be main class (warrior/service/sex industry) and subclass (like stripper or whore for sex).
A girl could have multiple subclasses, but only one class.

So instead of the ranks frame and the next line after it, where class field is located now, we could use one big frame with the name of class and class icon next to it instead of that button for rank up that we have in the frame now.

Other traits icons we just put into traits list.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4586 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »
I'd strongly suggest not to go interface before logic in our designs. There most likely not be a main class at all, I figured a good way around that programmatically. There are more screens in need of redesign and I'll have request for some effects when gismo has time for those.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4587 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »
Gonna change intro structure a bit.
First are slides with epic music and stuff. Then, after character making screen, scenes made by Alengthyname between MC and his father. They are not confusing at all and they are short, so it's a good start. VN scenes from original intro will become a part of our first main quest, when MC has to find out what exactly happened during the riot. So every time he succeeds, instead of just writing it we run another VN scene.

This way the story will be much less confusing and more rewarding.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4588 on: April 16, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »
Gismo, could you perhaps create a logo for the game? I'm not even sure where to start there.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4589 on: April 16, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »
Usually the game logo is her name in a beautiful shell. I can create a static logo, but with detachable elements for a possible future animation.
Well, I'll try.