Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821659 times)

Offline kyuubi43

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4635 on: April 21, 2015, 04:16:19 AM »
i would like to ask if the image and data file are in separate .7z file do I need to manually extract them to the same folders?

Also, um what happen to the char folder? I updated the folder on my desktop and my char folder was erased I am having to re-download the packs because it deleted my char folder which is the reason for the above question seeing as I forgot the procedure.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4636 on: April 21, 2015, 04:20:41 AM »
I can't follow the question. Are you talking about the dev version or the old alpha?
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4637 on: April 21, 2015, 04:53:36 AM »

sorry I forgot to put that

I believe it's the dev version I have been updating using the merc repository address on the forums.
before today the last time I updated was before christmas. I saw the post that said to wait a few months on the initial tagging problems to be worked out.

I have been trying to make my own mod if I am not using the dev version could you direct me to the right source

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4638 on: April 21, 2015, 05:13:05 AM »
You need the repo, Ren'Py and packs, at least one random girl from Dark...

You can grab any pack I think, they're all good. You'll need Hinata, Nami, Sakura and TenTen for testing but game should load as long as there is char/rchar folders there.

*Do note that there is no playing the dev version, there is no balance, some modules are disabled and even if you start it as a normal version, I doubt that it'll be any fun. Maybe uou could help us test/dev it or offer ideas :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4639 on: April 21, 2015, 05:18:00 AM »
i would love to help with testing and Ideas. I am new to ren'py (most my background is in java, unity, and c# along with all its predecessors) and broken or not it is still a fun way to kill time now and then.
that being said do i need to extract the image 7z and the data 7z into the same folder for each pack?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4640 on: April 21, 2015, 05:25:38 AM »
Unique chars are in content/chars. There every pack has a folder, like Ar_tonelico. Inside this folder there are both folders, like Cloche_Leythal and Jacqli, and jsons for them, data_Cloche_Leythal.json and data_Jacqli.
Random chars are in content/rchars/random. There should be both folders and jsons, like 2k_tan folder and data_2k_tan.json.

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4641 on: April 21, 2015, 05:28:46 AM »
understood so if I add the random chars i need to make a rchar folder if not than i'm good correct.
also is the rchar subfolder to char or is it a content subfolder like char

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4642 on: April 21, 2015, 05:32:48 AM »
Since packs are huge, they are not a part of repo, and never were. Repo can't create characters folders and I think it can't delete them too, though I never tried.

Jsons files were separated from pictures because unlike packs they change very often at this stage.

understood so if I add the random chars i need to make a rchar folder if not than i'm good correct.
You need at least 1 random character.

It's a content subfolder like char

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4643 on: April 21, 2015, 05:38:02 AM »
Xela, you need to document new fields for class traits. I want to know what exactly I do there, not just guess  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4644 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:30 AM »
Xela, you need to document new fields for class traits. I want to know what exactly I do there, not just guess  :)

Ok, I'll try to sneak it in but no promises till tonight + I will add moar fields, I just don't yet know what they are  ::)

====
This is what the structure should look like (folders with pics in the same folder as data_xxx.json files):

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4645 on: April 21, 2015, 08:25:50 AM »

http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3524.msg31701#msg31701

Should have all the info.
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4646 on: April 21, 2015, 08:49:56 AM »
okay so I am still trying to get the game up and running i have gone through most of the issues no prob but I am have consistent errors with the rchars folder.
[/size]
[/size]I have also noticed ALL the map files are missing. if they were changed where can I find them

[/code]
[/font]
Code: [Select]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.[/font][/size]

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 110, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 120, in <module>
    rchar = load_random_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 314, in load_random_characters
    for fn in os.listdir(os.sep.join([dir, packfolder, folder])):
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Users\\owner\\Desktop\\Development\\renpy-6.18.3-sdk\\PyTFall/game\\content/rchars\\random_classes\\Adventurer\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 110, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Development\renpy-6.18.3-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 785, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Development\renpy-6.18.3-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 120, in <module>
    rchar = load_random_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 314, in load_random_characters
    for fn in os.listdir(os.sep.join([dir, packfolder, folder])):
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Users\\owner\\Desktop\\Development\\renpy-6.18.3-sdk\\PyTFall/game\\content/rchars\\random_classes\\Adventurer\\*.*'

Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761
PyTFall 0.51 Slaver's Bay

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4647 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »
What are the "map" files? There could be a map folder completely without files.

Make a screenshot of the rchars folder and post it here pls.

Structure should look like this:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:39:23 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4648 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:40 AM »
don't know I got a trace error that kept asking for the map.png and a tileset call map

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4649 on: April 21, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »
don't know I got a trace error that kept asking for the map.png and a tileset call map

You're prolly not using the latest code, that file should not be required. I doubt there is still anyone who has it. When was your last pull/merge according to HG?

Like what we're doing?